The Official 24 season 5 thread *will be spoilers eventually*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nemo Nint said:
Tonight's episode (April 3) was great for action but lacking in the suspense.

24 is becoming a bit mundane with the suspense, or rather it's falling into the shadow of its earlier seasons, instead of rising above. So, the show is still greatt!! ... just not what it could be.

Next season better move away from CTU. At the start of this season I thought "oh boy! 24 is following Jack around outside of CTU in some sort of intense non-terrorist story!" only to witness it fall back into CTU. Jack's a character people can feel for (and how!), but CTU is a faceless agency which is losing its excitement.

If Bill Buchanan gets to kill the badguy this season, or a new agency springs from CTU, that will make it really awesome.

oh oh! or Jack gets physically crippled, goes back to DoD and becomes involved in planning while Curtis becomes the head of field ops. That'd be exciting.

isn't this the last ever season or have they changed there minds?

The show's doing really well so unless Keifer has decided to end it I can't seem them just killing the show. Even if he does want out it would be easy to continue with another star.

I have been avoiding this thread like the plague, since I have not been able to watch 24 this season. However, I thought that this would be the most appropriate place for my 24 hundredth post.

This season can't get to DVD fast enough!!!

Darklord Dave said:
The show's doing really well so unless Keifer has decided to end it I can't seem them just killing the show. Even if he does want out it would be easy to continue with another star.

Dave, I have heard and/or read some direct quote from KS saying he hopes it continues, he likes it.

But he could still change his mind. Keeping the whole show fresh would require moving away from the constant variations of terrorism and shifting to something... well, broader, right? Even if he was in it, I think it could be cool if they did something drastically different with the show but kept the whole 24 episodes = 1 day in the world in the show framework.

I think getting away from the action would be cool. Jack in espionage assignments. Or Jack managing while others do action. :dunno

One thing I can't yet figure out is if the story in this season is two plots, or one plot.

If it's two plots, then the one with the nerve gas has ended, and the other plot will continue now to the end of the season, with Jack and the rest trying to find evidence to indict. The connection of Christopher Henderson and the corp that made the nerve gas to this high rankig official is just a coincidence. Oh but wait...

But if it's one plot... then to quote Keanu Reeves... "whoa.."
That means that this *cough* high ranking official has some deep hidden secrets that have been there as he rose through the ranks, and who knows where he has been and what he has seen? Egad. This guy has his general demeanour which I guess is real (not a facade), but his agenda(s) are definitely very scary and possibly heinous.

This could answer some questions that I"ve had in my mind all the time.

The biggest one has been bothering me since season 1-

WHO had the access, and delivered to Andre Drazen the names of Robert Ellis, Jack Bauer and David Palmer?
The 3 names that were located together on the Operation Nightfall classified report.

I don't think the show can move away from the terrorism aspect, things happen slower in administration and I can't see how anything but stopping an attack would justify the format.

As for the b-plot - it seems like they used up all the nerve gas, so we're on to plot B - who planned the whole thing and why?

You're right, Dave, about the administration being slower.

But there are times when it can actually far exceed action, such as in Spy Game. That was a deliciously exciting movie, I would think something like that, spread over 24 tv episodes would be totally mind blowing.

What do you all think of Bill Buchanan now? I felt totally heart broken for him. Did you see the way his face looked when he looked at Audrey just before he left? ahh.. I saw the show on Monday and I've been thinking about it yesterday and now today (wednesday ) too. I hope she calls him up and tells him what's really going on. He's just had much of his career squashed.

Feeling and fingers all get crushed on "24", the merciless aspect is part of what I like about it. No wishy-washy "do the ends justify the means" moral conundrums.

I'm sure Bill will be back in charge by the end of the season...or dead.

great episode

I'm beginning to wonder if they're gonna have the whole robocop cast involved :p

I sense a twist coming up all the flags on the limos outside the plane where european countries (UK, FRANCE ETC). Couple this with a news article I read about an interview with writers from 24 stating possibilities of filming some of 24 in UK.

MAYBE SEASON 6 WILL BE IN UK OR SET ACROSS EUROPE!!!!

https://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds29982.html

Yep, it will be set in Europe and then 8 episodes of it will be Jack in a plane and then finish in LA. Now, that would be a way to spin the format...

This season is probably my favorite season aside from Season 1 and maybe Season 4. The element of suprise is always there, and every episode is very intense.

My only gripe is the quick cameo Kim had a few episodes back. What was the point? Just to give the fans a Elisha Cuthbert fix real quick? I found it lame too thou, that after finding out her father was alive, she basically wanted nothing to do with him, especially after she found out the only people that knew Jack was still alive, all but one of them got killed earlier this day. If they wanted to bring Kim back, she should of played a more important part in the season, not just throw her in the mix for 3 hours and then bye-bye...maybe she'll return before seasons end and this time bring Chase with her. :rolleyes:

There are only 5 episodes left, then that's it. I don't know what I am gonna do with myself on Monday Nights once this season is over.

:lol

I think it's great there are now THREE Robocop actors involved now! (VP, new bad bald guy, and of course Peter Weller).

:)

Darklord Dave said:
Yep, it will be set in Europe and then 8 episodes of it will be Jack in a plane and then finish in LA. Now, that would be a way to spin the format...

who says it has to finish in LA?

I'm not surprised Weller is in this. Manny Coto is one of the producers, and Coto produced "Odyssey 5" from Showtime, which starred Weller.

I fully expect to start seeing "Buffy" actors start showing up because David Fury is ALSO one of the producers of "24"! :chew

Riddle me this, CTU fans...why didn't Jack just put the recorder up to his cell phone and play the recording for everyone? They reference "chain of custody" later in the show, but still, seems like he'd want everyone to hear it just to support his allegations.

Darklord Dave said:
Riddle me this, CTU fans...why didn't Jack just put the recorder up to his cell phone and play the recording for everyone? They reference "chain of custody" later in the show, but still, seems like he'd want everyone to hear it just to support his allegations.

I was thinking the same exact thing. You want to keep Hayes on your side and back her up for bucking the system and working with you, sooooo, you don't let her hear it and now you're screwed.
Unless... thats NOT the tape. Audrey's father had the "real" tape and he now survived the crash and can give it to Jack to save the day. I couldn't come up with another reason for him to be alive. :monkey3

I also thought the same thing...but I think what frustrated me the most last night was the 'trusting' of Miles. Ugh...Cloe needs to take him out. hah

And today is a particularly happy day - 24 is now on iTunes. So those of us without TIVO are saved! Woo!

Back