The New(er) iPad thread. Now with iPad Mini

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Apple Tablet

I'm interested in playing with the tablet at the Mac Store. Although I'm not 100% sold it'll be a purchase. I use an iMac at work and like it but haven't really been converted yet.

I'm also gonna say that the Mac Pro will probably get an update as well. With the recent 27" iMac getting a refresh with the faster processors I can't imagine Apple letting it stay way for much longer.

Why am I hearing that this may just be a larger iPhone and be connected to ATT for internet access? I really hope not. I'd wanna get it if it was actually a step between a Mac and iPhone, but if it's just a bigger iPhone I think I'd just pass.

I would hope they give it a decent amount of processing power if it is truly in between the iMac and iPhone.

I have a Dual G5 PowerMac, and a Mac Book Pro running Snow Leopard with Intel. I have a iPod... wireless Mighty Mouse. I love my Mac stuff! :)

I have a Dual G5 PowerMac, and a Mac Book Pro running Snow Leopard with Intel. I have a iPod... wireless Mighty Mouse. I love my Mac stuff! :)

:rock :rock You need to upgrade your mouse....to a Magic one!!! GF gave me one for Xmas and its a great piece of hardware.

Liar. Macs do not crash. :monkey1

They do when you run too much stuff on them. I have Maya, Final Cut Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design, Word, Visual Hub, Web Wrangler, Komodo, etc, all on my machine. They are the fully licensed versions. Of course via school, but they can bring any machine down. :D

But it does take a lot to make a Mac freeze and give you the evil beachball. You abuse anything enough, it will falter.

They do when you run too much stuff on them. I have Maya, Final Cut Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design, Word, Visual Hub, Web Wrangler, Komodo, etc, all on my machine. They are the fully licensed versions. Of course via school, but they can bring any machine down. :D

But it does take a lot to make a Mac freeze and give you the evil beachball. You abuse anything enough, it will falter.

who in there right mind would run all that crap at the same time!:monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

Hi my name is Pitu and i will be switching to Mac asap:D

:rock:rock:rock

I expect the quality of Pituvision to increase as a result! There are so many great audio/video tools on the mac right out of the box! I never did warm to the new iMovie though (I still use the 2006 version), but Final Cut Express is great!

I expect the tablet to be a giant iPod Touch. I pray I'm wrong, but that's what I'm expecting. Whatever it is, we're gonna find out in 3 1/2 hours.

WTF??? Why in the world would you need to have all of those running at the same time??? You'd need a new Mac Pro with 2 quad core processors and 32GB of ramm to not get a beach ball.

Back