The most upset I have ever been with Sideshow Collectibles.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
have to say I actually agree that the odds of a Son of Frank PF selling good are low.
It took them forever to sell their LAM PFs.

They made waaaay too many of those London After Midnights and Phantoms. Look to Wolfman and Mummy for a more realistic sales point. Wolfman sold out and was a website exclusive (I believe) at 600 pieces, and The Mummy sold out quickly too. The Mummy is more expensive than The Wolfman secondary market of course because of all the broken, damaged, and outright shattered Mummy sets.

I suspect if they go back to Universal Monster land---it will be with more affordable items. The last things they were bringing us were priced at 159.99 in the form of the dioramas. We may wind up with a revisit to the 12" line. Which if they re-do these or just add to the exisitng line, they have got to re-do the Wolfman. That 12" offering was horrible. He was too thin, his joints were too loose, and the face was off.

Paging Mike Hill. If Dr. Hill is unavailable, get that Yagher boy on it. He's good too.:pray:

They made waaaay too many of those London After Midnights and Phantoms. Look to Wolfman and Mummy for a more realistic sales point. Wolfman sold out and was a website exclusive (I believe) at 600 pieces, and The Mummy sold out quickly too. The Mummy is more expensive than The Wolfman secondary market of course because of all the broken, damaged, and outright shattered Mummy sets.

I suspect if they go back to Universal Monster land---it will be with more affordable items. The last things they were bringing us were priced at 159.99 in the form of the dioramas. We may wind up with a revisit to the 12" line. Which if they re-do these or just add to the exisitng line, they have got to re-do the Wolfman. That 12" offering was horrible. He was too thin, his joints were too loose, and the face was off.

Paging Mike Hill. If Dr. Hill is unavailable, get that Yagher boy on it. He's good too.:pray:

I AGREE! DAN PLATT, MIKE HILL, AND OLUF HARTVIGSON NOW! Please Sideshow? :D

I'm not sure why you're upset. Sideshow doesnt make half the things i'd love...due to their semi obscure nature. I mean, i'd kill for a 1:6 John Preston...but that's never going to happen. They're in the business of making money....and those things just dont make that much. The cost of making them out weighs the profit they pull in.

Just my 2 cents.

I'm not sure why you're upset. Sideshow doesnt make half the things i'd love...due to their semi obscure nature. I mean, i'd kill for a 1:6 John Preston...but that's never going to happen. They're in the business of making money....and those things just dont make that much. The cost of making them out weighs the profit they pull in.

Just my 2 cents.

Why start a set and not see it through? POINTLESS

Just my 2 cents.

See, it'd be one thing if they were modest edition sizes and didn't sell out. But Sideshow releases small edition sizes that get snatched up quick, then boosts production with ridiculous edition sizes that don't match previous releases. Then they cancel lines because the items didn't sell or took far too long to sell out. That's not collectors' faults, that's Sideshow's for exceeding demand.

What good is it to have a set that is not done? Answer me that.

not all collectors have the same POV as you Nick.
I do not need to have a set. im perfectly happy with the PFs I have right now. More would put my display to a point where I wouldnt want it. I would sell a piece if I picked up something new.

granted, my opinion is influenced by my collecting habits, but so is yours.
Your a completist and I understand that.
Sideshow has to look at the collecting community as a whole when deciding what to produce. Not what individual collectors want or how bad they want it.

...... now ... if youre talking about LSB's? .. Im listening....

I do not need to have a set. im perfectly happy with the PFs I have right now. More would put my display to a point where I wouldnt want it. I would sell a piece if I picked up something new.

Sideshow has to look at the collecting community as a whole when deciding what to produce. Not what individual collectors want or how bad they want it.

Universal Monsters LSB's NOW WE ARE TALKING! SIDESHOW PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS MAN! :drool :monkey5

Now that they're doing Predator LSBs, I'm hoping they'll expand the format with Uni Horror too.

An Edition size of 100 each for The Ardeth Bey SSE PF Figures and Karloff Son of Frankenstein SSE PF Figures and 200 each for color is not out of the Ballpark. Though I feel Sideshow could sell more than that.

Last edited:
What I don't understand is how they can call the Son of Frankenstein monster obscure (which in my opinion is a rather iconic look for the monster) but then they go and make Battle of Crete: German Paratrooper. I would venture to say Son of Frankenstein PF would sell better.

Looks like DST has the Universal Monsters property now. So, that's probably your best bet for Son of Frankie. As a vinyl bank, 6 inch figure, or Minimate, that is.

What I don't understand is how they can call the Son of Frankenstein monster obscure (which in my opinion is a rather iconic look for the monster) but then they go and make Battle of Crete: German Paratrooper. I would venture to say Son of Frankenstein PF would sell better.

Add to that the God of War PF and the WTF of the century, the Prince of Persia PF from the box office bellyflop of a film. SOF would've been at least a semi bankable risk.

RICHARD I AGREE WITH YOU ABOUT MIKE HILL! SIDESHOW MUST HAVE HIM DO MORE MONSTERS FOR THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drool:monkey5

In color and b&w right, Nickie. :hi5: I guess I have a problem with Sideshow's 12 Wolfman because he's my favorite Universal Monster and I feel they got it wrong. The pf, on the other hand, is the finest Wolfman figure to date, imho. Its just plain perfect!:clap

That Son of Frankenstein silver screen figure is like the Hal Jordan Green Lantern figure from the Mattel JLU line. They made just enough of those to throw around the office and make die hard collectors upset. As loyal as Nick is to Sideshow they should just mail him one already. Hes been pining for one for years on this board.

As for obscurity---there is no more easily recognized monster in the world than Karloff's Frankenstein. From any film.

tumblr_l1iotoYo541qbn8c7.jpg

I see what u did there :rotfl

All I want are some fricken Big Trouble in Little China Figures. Jack, the 3 storms and Lo pan would be a nice start. But knowing that I will never have these makes me angry

In color and b&w right, Nickie. :hi5: I guess I have a problem with Sideshow's 12 Wolfman because he's my favorite Universal Monster and I feel they got it wrong. The pf, on the other hand, is the finest Wolfman figure to date, imho. Its just plain perfect!:clap

Yes Richard I would buy the monsters in both Color and SSE, and Faux Bronze! Even in True Bronze for Karloff! :D

That Son of Frankenstein silver screen figure is like the Hal Jordan Green Lantern figure from the Mattel JLU line. They made just enough of those to throw around the office and make die hard collectors upset. As loyal as Nick is to Sideshow they should just mail him one already. Hes been pining for one for years on this board.

As for obscurity---there is no more easily recognized monster in the world than Karloff's Frankenstein. From any film.

Yes I have always been VERY VERY VERY VERY loyal to Sideshow.

That is why this news of them not planning to make a Son of Frankenstein silver screen pf figure makes me so sad.:monkey2

It's not like I am asking for the 12 inch one, I know that can never happen.

Thanks for backing me up Richard. :D

Last edited:
Back