The most upset I have ever been with Sideshow Collectibles.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I asked for the Wolfman 1:1 bust last year at Spook. I was told at the time that there weren't any plans to do one...

That is crazy. There would be nothing quite cooler than a 1:1 scale bust of the Chaney Jr. Wolfman. Do it to match my 1960s 30 x 40 b&w poster!

BB

Does anyone own a Phantom of the Opera PF in color? if so, does anyone have any good feedback on it in comparison to all the other Monster PF's? I've found that this item is quite difficult to obtain. (At least in good condition.)

I think most of us would pay in full upfront if they considered a 1:1 Wolfman bust.

I was disappointed when I was told that the Wolfman 1:1 wasn't on the table...but a piece of me wasn't surprised after seeing the last 2 busts (Vampyre & Creature) sit for so long. I was really looking forward to a Chaney Jr. Wolfman 1:1 Bust...

Does anyone own a Phantom of the Opera PF in color? if so, does anyone have any good feedback on it in comparison to all the other Monster PF's? I've found that this item is quite difficult to obtain. (At least in good condition.)

I bought one off ebay for retail a year ago and it's great. I had no idea these were hard to find. The Mummy is the tough one...

BB

With how badly I have wanted the Karloff Son Of Frankenstein Silver Screen Edition 12 inch Figure FOR YEARS NOW, There is NO way that he thought I meant Basil Rathbone. Would I buy a Basil Rathbone? Yes in a heartbeat. :D

Would you settle for Peter Von Frankenstein? :D

BB

I said it in another thread and I'll say it here: This is gonna be a sad Spook with no in stock Universal Horror surprises. :(

They might be saving the UM LSBs for Spook though.

I know this will never happen, but if they released the SSE version of the first LSB as an in stock product during Spook without any announcement of the line beforehand, I'd probably literally crap myself. :panic:

What I don't get about the Uni Horror stuff is that all of the dios sold out the whole ES each time. In fact, they went up in value right after they came out. That doesn't sound like a franchise that isn't selling to me.

I know the SSE Creature bust is still up, but busts tend to take longer to sell.

How can you be sure they sold through the entire edition size? Sideshow has cut off sales and listed products as sold out before actually reaching the stated edition size many times in the past. Just look at the Hellboy Right Hand of Doom... it was sold out, but when Hellboy II came out, Sideshow went back and produced the remaining pieces to finish the edition size. I know the Tremors maquette only had a production run of about half of the stated edition size. There are several other examples as well. The Bernie Wrightson Frankenstein Bronze bust had 20 or less pieces produced even though it is a stated edition size of 50. Trust me when I say that I have credible information that the Monster dios didn't sell out their entire edition sizes.

Add to that the God of War PF and the WTF of the century, the Prince of Persia PF from the box office bellyflop of a film. SOF would've been at least a semi bankable risk.

Remember that most pieces are in production for months, even more than a year in many cases, so Sideshow (like many companies) took a risk on Prince of Persia being a hit and produced a PF. They didn't churn it out when the movie came out, it was already long into development.

Remember that most pieces are in production for months, even more than a year in many cases, so Sideshow (like many companies) took a risk on Prince of Persia being a hit and produced a PF. They didn't churn it out when the movie came out, it was already long into development.

While this is true, sometimes it's more financially viable to just finish the prototype and leave it be. Running full production on a piece that likely won't sell enough to recoup development and production costs is a recipe for bankruptcy.

How can you be sure they sold through the entire edition size? Sideshow has cut off sales and listed products as sold out before actually reaching the stated edition size many times in the past.

why in the world would they wait to set the ES based off of incoming orders (which theyve stated is what they do in the past), and then not produce that ES?
I could assume its done due to cancellations, but the majority of cancellations happen near ship time, after its too late to adjust it.

and Im talking about modern practices. Not Bernie bust days of yore...

why in the world would they wait to set the ES based off of incoming orders (which theyve stated is what they do in the past), and then not produce that ES?
I could assume its done due to cancellations, but the majority of cancellations happen near ship time, after its too late to adjust it.

and Im talking about modern practices. Not Bernie bust days of yore...

Setting an ES means nothing anyway. Look at the Don comiquette, or the Patient Zero PF. Wasn't there also an Alien comiquette with a screwy ES too? :lol

Unfortunately, this is the age of Iron Man

More like the decade. What's bizarre is that it's not like IM is any more interesting than he was 20 years ago. The major difference is that Tony Stark's age resonates more with the present fan base than puny teenaged Parker and his endless pubescent perspective of things.

I visited with the Factory Entertainment guys at SDCC. They just picked up the Universal Monsters license and have some really cool prop replica stuff in the works. :rock

More like the decade. What's bizarre is that it's not like IM is any more interesting than he was 20 years ago. The major difference is that Tony Stark's age resonates more with the present fan base than puny teenaged Parker and his endless pubescent perspective of things.

I'd love to see accurate percentages in IM's fanbase before and after the movie.

Back