The most meh figures of 2012.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is by far the best freakin' Terminator release by Hot Toys until DX13 hits, second best is T1 punk T-800, then T-1000(better likeness and value beat out MMS T-800) and then MMS T-800 and so on.

Well I personally think that mms136 technoir is not only the best terminator figure ever made, its hot toys best figure ever.......imo then the dx10 then mms117. Not getting into endos of course:panic:

Must....contain......nerd....rage........nngghghh

fmqsk1.gif

:rotfl your on a roll with these tonight a-dev:lol

Well I personally think that mms136 technoir is not only the best terminator figure ever made, its hot toys best figure ever.......imo then the dx10 then mms117. Not getting into endos of course:panic:

:rotfl your on a roll with these tonight a-dev:lol

I would maybe bump that figure up on my favorite list if it had the proper hairstyle from that Tech Noir scene, the damaged sculpt is a tad better but, for display i use the regular head..might change that up soon.

Nick Fury, Hawkeye, Black Widow & Angelica all pretty boring looking. Amber should've been Sweet Pea. Monkey brothers shoud've been any othe neglected license and Noland well HT makes stupid character choices.

Coulson for most meh of 2013

I nominate this as the Thread of the Year candidate. :lol

I went militant there. Like the old days. I needed them to see my posts!!
duty_calls-1.png

I'm calmer now. I love everyone really.
147-1.gif

I have so done that more than once. Usually involves Nammagazine and some pointless ****ing argument I'll never think about ever again. :lol

I would maybe bump that figure up on my favorite list if it had the proper hairstyle from that Tech Noir scene.

Yeah the part of the hair is alittle differant from in the club, no biggie though as it looks like that in other scenes. Idk its just my opinion but theres really nothing to complain about with that figure, it looks awesome from any angle top to bottom, comes with a boat load of accessories and another awesome sculpt of arnie. the body is perfect for his apperance in t1 and the outfit with that jacket is kick***. I like all the terminator movies except t3 but in the first one he was such a bad***:lecture

My only complaint with Tech Noir T-800 is the stage of paranoia that kicks in when i handle him, fear of losing those studs off his M65 jacket.

DX10 could be renanamed...

T800 goes to college or...
I'll be back... At school! Or...
Sarah Connor? Lol, you're dead! Or...
The T800 diaries, or...
Terminator 2: the twilight years...

Really guys, sculpt looks slightly Arnoldish, but that's ths teenage version, way before he even starred in Conan. Heck, I wonder if he had started to shave yet. And once again, the pers makes it even worse than it probably is!

DX10 could be renanamed...

T800 goes to college or...
I'll be back... At school! Or...
Sarah Connor? Lol, you're dead! Or...
The T800 diaries, or...
Terminator 2: the twilight years...

Really guys, sculpt looks slightly Arnoldish, but that's ths teenage version, way before he even starred in Conan. Heck, I wonder if he had started to shave yet. And once again, the pers makes it even worse than it probably is!

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

I think I want to have your babies.

The t800 really seems to polarize people, it seems like the majority lean towards disliking it.

The head is a huge problem, and without the PERS it would have been better although not by much really. I see a young guy in tere Taylor lautner or something, not even a young Arnold.

PERS has got to go. Seriously.It adds nothing.

Look at Indiana Jones and the crusade for black eyeliner. Or the very cute googly eyed cartoon Joker DX1. Googlely eyes was also an unfortunate side effect for dx12, batman on speed...

It worked out ok on Keaton batman except now I have a huge chunk in the back of his head. Thanks Hot Toys,

Did it ever work? Ok pirates jack was pretty bad ass with it. Maybe because he was such a goofy cartoony bug eyed character.

Surprisingly Luke skywalker looked ok with them. Maybe because he's such a dopy looking guy to begin with.

Terminator and Indy dx are the biggest dropped balls hot toys has ever done, pers probably has a lot to do with their horrible likenesses :(

I like it a dev an I know it's based a bit off dx10 but I think the battle damage hides the scrutiny that would happen based off likeness alone.
Really looking forward to dx13 that rendition I terminator is my ultimate holy grail for terminator figures. Just give me a new endo , Reese and cop t1 and I'm good forever.

:lol at the direction this thread went.

While I think the DX10 is the bees knees, this is the "meh figure of 2012" not defend your figure thread.

The majority in this thread perhaps. And most who actually own the figure seem to love it.

What do you guys think of the DX13 sculpts?

I think the MMS still looks great with sunglasses and has a an expression that more closely matches the character. The DX10 seems to be hindered by appearing a little too smooth and the eyes being ever so slightly off. The HS is miles more accurate to the actor, but with that comparatively blank look, it comes off as less aesthetically pleasing.

DX13 is absolute king. DX13 seems to retain and possibly improve on the likeness of the DX10 while at the same time has the advantage of battle damage to give that robotic stare some added character. The figure just tells you more about what the movie is about than the first two (first BD doesn't count here lol) imo. We'll see how much gets lost in translation with the production units.

Seems like this is more about some people dumping on certain properties than talking about the actual figures. I rarely buy any that I don't think look good.

I will say, in hand, the Red Skull isn't as exciting as I'd hoped he'd be. He's very cool, and I'm glad I have him... but something about the clothes seems to really limit his posability, and I'm not in love with trying to get his gun in his gun hand or trying to get him to hold the cosmic cube.

Back