The Mental Health Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Mental Heath Thread

I can relate with this. I have "depression" and "OCD", and "panic disorder" and some other "labels". These labels have been given to people for the sole purpose of selling drugs to us. Sometimes drugs have been made without even a disease for them yet. It's sad really. Like "Social Anxiety Disorder". Or as they used to call it.. SHYNESS.

Try to separate yourself from these labels that have been given to you (or that you may have given yourself through research, etc), and live as if it were back in the cavemen days. EVERYONE is different, and everyone has some sort of "mental illness".

Be yourself and be proud of it. Period. You are a fantastic person, I can tell.

Never compare yourself to others (not saying you do, but just a rule for my own self when I get down) as we are all different, no one is "better" than anyone else, in ANY WAY. Life isn't some sort of competition, like it's sometimes made out to be.

One day at a time. Short and sweet. Not even one day at a time, one moment at a time, live in the moment. As hard as it is sometimes, life is a gift. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth!

Do what you enjoy, and be proud of it.

These are just my 2 cents in regards to the matter. This mentality has helped me cope and enjoy what I know I enjoy. Hope this can help some people here!!

:1-1: :hi5: :wave

Really :goodpost:

I honestly don't want to sound melodramatic or anything and this far from a cry for help, because I'm seeing so many doctors. I just don't have anying anymore.

Just stumbled upon this thread. Guess I should write this down.

I have anger management issues, and it has taken its toll on my life.

One of my friends is an NLP consultant. He asked me to attend his workshop. I did, and it turned out to be a nice experience. Hope to follow the techniques as much as I can, but don't how far I'll be able to.

Anyways, I wish to be at peace, one day. To much stressed. SSF is my hideout. I enjoy being a part of this forum. I do not know or care if it is escapism, but being around helps.

I listen to this Buddhist chant sometimes in mornings, kind of soothing...

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbgHZWwyhcQ[/ame]

I honestly don't want to sound melodramatic or anything and this far from a cry for help, because I'm seeing so many doctors. I just don't have anying anymore.

I understnad. I've been to quite a few therapists over the years. But the way the system works over here if you see someonw for a few weeks then they move on to a different hospital. This leaves you having to start over from scratch with someone new and eventually you give up bothering.

For me seeing therapists isn't that beneficial as once you leave you can't help but go straight back into depressing routines. As sad as it seems the most ideal situation would be like a life coach to consistently get you into life more until it becomes second nature

I immediately thought of this thread when I saw this video :lol. I think this guy needs more help, compared to anyone on SSF.

[ame]https://youtu.be/jS3ZxOtTD5A[/ame]

Back