The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JAWS is lucky that RJ didn?t direct JAWS

View attachment 505051

:lol :lol

Rose saving the crew of the Orca:

oRxrRP.gif

Nah, RJ would have subverted our expectations by not even having a shark, just make us think there's a shark.

Genius...

...genius who's goal it is to have half his audience hate his films. "Having those two extremes is, ya know, is the mark of the type of movie I want to make."
Never have I heard, another director with those aspirations.

JAWS is lucky that RJ didn?t direct JAWS

View attachment 505051

Nah, RJ would have subverted our expectations by not even having a shark, just make us think there's a shark.

Genius...

:rotfl:rotfl

...genius who's goal it is to have half his audience hate his films. "Having those two extremes is, ya know, is the mark of the type of movie I want to make."
Never have I heard, another director with those aspirations.

Yeah.. Everyone's BS detector should have gone off when he said that..

Funny how his other films don't meet that same standard.

Knives Out was about as safe as they come.

Nothing really to hate about Looper except that its just another one of those damn time travel films, with time travel logic, with a time travel twist that everyone can see coming a mile away.

Currently my SW collection:

R2 and 3po (sideshow versions)
Jedi Luke HT
The Emperor HT
SideshowDeluxe Vader

TFA Rey and BB8 HT
TFA Kylo Ren HT
TFA Heavy Trooper
TFA Phasma

I simply cannot bring myself to buy the subpar Sculpts for OT. I may never buy another OT figure from HT. Unless they nail Bespin Han , and finally make a Chewie that does not look like a Kenner toy, it?s probably never going to be added to my collection.

I would have all the original OT figures from ANH if they were worth a damn.

The only HT figure that?s any good are t he Leias ..... Hoth Leia being the best in my eyes.....

So if the make a Bespin Han and redo Bespin Luke, I might dive in.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Political discussions are not allowed per the board's CoC and the Community Guidelines.

Talk about the show all you want but keep your political opinions to yourself.

If it continues I'll start handing out infractions, and or bans, like they're candy. You've been warned.

Thread cleaned.

:rotfl:rotfl

Yeah.. Everyone's BS detector should have gone off when he said that..

Funny how his other films don't meet that same standard.

Knives Out was about as safe as they come.

Nothing really to hate about Looper except that its just another one of those damn time travel films, with time travel logic, with a time travel twist that everyone can see coming a mile away.

Hmmm... I'm not so sure about that. The film does "subvert" expectations as far as it changes the dynamics of a "whodunnit" movie by revealing the culprit pretty early on and then makes you root for the "assassin".
At any rate, i quite liked Knives Out, it was fun.

Well, now that that's over with.....

Spoiler Spoiler:

:lol :lol :lol

Damn, does that mean I missed all the Gina Carano fun? :gah:

My memory of it might be fuzzy already, but I believe the discussion involved some strange tangents that proved to be quite unexpected:

• ZE_501 acknowledged that Khev has been right all along about the virtues of the ST.
  • ironwez20 convinced jye that ROTS is the greatest SW movie ever made.
  • TheDucky got JAWS and Wor-Gar to recognize that no film made before 1977 is worth a damn.
  • TurdFurgusonsHat decided to get a SW tattoo but told us he was having a hard time choosing between Holdo and Rose.
  • and a-dev kept trying to prod everyone into a PT vs. ST debate because he loves those so much, but The Buffinator insisted that no one ridicule the PT.

With all of those pages deleted, though, I bet some here would now deny that any of that ever actually happened. :ohbfrank:

In all seriousness, the actual discussion really did remain surprisingly civil, believe it or not.

My memory of it might be fuzzy already, but I believe the discussion involved some strange tangents that proved to be quite unexpected:

• ZE_501 acknowledged that Khev has been right all along about the virtues of the ST.
  • TheDucky got JAWS and Wor-Gar to recognize that no film made before 1977 is worth a damn.
  • TurdFurgusonsHat decided to get a SW tattoo but told us he was having a hard time choosing between Holdo and Rose.
  • and a-dev kept trying to prod everyone into a PT vs. ST debate because he loves those so much, but The Buffinator insisted that no one ridicule the PT.

With all of those pages deleted, though, I bet some here would now deny that any of that ever actually happened. :ohbfrank:

In all seriousness, the actual discussion really did remain surprisingly civil, believe it or not.

:lol:lol:lol

:duff

I went with the Holdo maneuver panoramic view on my @ss. The crack running through the dreadnought was conveniently already there.

95+ million subscribers to DisneyPlus. Not likely to feel blowback to firing. James Gunn liked a tweet on the firing of Gina.
(No politics in this post)

Back