The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also I see nothing has changed in the Star Wars thread. New year and we have khev still defending the ST even tho it?s all but dead and nobody wants it. Poor khev.

I wonder when jye is gonna figure out that he is doomcock. The very evil they were trying to fight against was right infront of them

Also I see nothing has changed in the Star Wars thread. New year and we have khev still defending the ST even tho it?s all but dead and nobody wants it. Poor khev.

I wonder when jye is gonna figure out that he is doomcock. The very evil they were trying to fight against was right infront of them

Even JAWS is starting to disagree with Khev over his latest claims. He's running out of friends real fast.

I agree with Khev about j most things.

I liked the Luke arc quite a bit in ST. It was way better than bad ass Luke would have been.

However , the entire secondary plot of TLJ was a convoluted mess. And it ruined the strong and promising start we got for Finn and Poe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ST has a laughable following. It's only been about a year and the only people who still talk about it are Khev and a few people on Twitter who just want to use Star Wars for political purposes. Hasbro just unveiled a bunch of figures for the 50th anniversary of Lucasfilm and the only section of SW that got zero toys was yep you guessed it, the ST. It's pathetically unpopular.

Even JAWS is starting to disagree with Khev over his latest claims. He's running out of friends real fast.

I will always be friends with Khev.. I will never agree with him about TLJ :)

I agree with Khev about j most things.

I liked the Luke arc quite a bit in ST. It was way better than bad ass Luke would have been.

However , the entire secondary plot of TLJ was a convoluted mess. And it ruined the strong and promising start we got for Finn and Poe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep... I have so many issues with TLJ beyond just a few of my most hated characters.

The ST has a laughable following. It's only been about a year and the only people who still talk about it are Khev and a few people on Twitter who just want to use Star Wars for political purposes. Hasbro just unveiled a bunch of figures for the 50th anniversary of Lucasfilm and the only section of SW that got zero toys was yep you guessed it, the ST. It's pathetically unpopular.

I think Hasbro knows that the peeps buying those toys are the adults. And I agree. Its not the most popular of the SW trilogies among that age group and Ive already posted my thoughts on the younger generation and the lack of interest in SW. But even though it may be the most unpopular SW trilogy I personally don't think that makes it the worst.

Yes I know you hate all the non-Luke scenes in TLJ and rate it last of all the SW movies but I simply do not agree with that assessment. :)

Even Rose and Holdo who do indeed have silly looks and are fun to make fun of in discussions like these just don't bother me when I'm actually watching the movie. And then the highlights like the Luke scenes, Snoke scenes, the opening battle and Crait, it's all so beautiful, well written and well paced.

Obviously we are always going to agree to disagree on this film.

Personally I don't get the "its all so beautiful" part. IMO it does not look better then TROS and only looks better the TFA because TFA had the look of a made for TV special. :lol

And other then the Luke scene's and some of the Snoke Scenes I personally dont think its well written at all.

I dont think any of the action in the film is well done or thought out. Its created in a F/X studio so i can only blame the writer the the creater of the story boards. Which I believe is RJ.

What I will give you is that its well paced. I think jumping between 4 different stories really helps with that.

You have the Most interesting Luke / Rey

The less interesting but still watchable Kylo / Rey / Snoke

The bad Poe and Haldo

and the Awful Rose and Finn

There is a lot going on. So for me personally just when I have had about enough of the stuff I hate RJ move on to something I like more.

But lets say I liked all elements. Then the pacing would still be very solid as jumping between 4 different stories keeps out attention deficit minds engaged :lol

Plus RJ did something that no SW film has ever done.. He created a shrinking machine.. BB8 is about thigh high.. Until this scene where he is about ankle high. Watch it in real time and you will see what i mean. I could blame the F/X team but I am sure its the shot RJ wanted so its his fault :lol

I mean imagine if BB8 rolled over to the woman in white... he would be lucky to come up to her ankle :lol
Shrinking in the SW universe may be canon now but its not going to be in my head canon.
screen-shot-2018-01-16-at-12-23-31-am.png

Of course it isn't perfect but even the stuff I wish was done differently was still done well and the entire film itself has such a confidence about the story it's telling (as opposed to say TFA and TROS which have a certain desperation to appeal to everyone at all times on all levels) that I can't help but respect it.

I don't know if it was confidence or a director who just thought he was so cute and smart with his ideas and plot twists.. IDK.

I just know we will never agree on this topic and that is 100% perfectly fine :)

:duff

Last edited:
I think Hasbro knows that the peeps buying those toys are the adults. And I agree. Its not the most popular of the SW trilogies among that age group and Ive already posted my thoughts on the younger generation and the lack of interest in SW. But even though it may be the most unpopular SW trilogy I personally don't think that makes it the worst.

What metric would you use to gauge success, and what is good or bad then? The fans of the Star Wars franchise who made it popular and last as a pop culture phenomenon for over 40 years clearly hate the ST in absolutely overwhelming number. We got here because an incompetent agenda driven executive got hired to run a franchise she clearly doesn't understand.

So...about the Mandalorian... Do you all think we'll see Thrawn in the Mandalorian, the Ahsoka series, or both? How intertwined do you think the two series will be, considering they occur in the same timeline?

ps. Yes, this is my desperate attempt to kill off the ST conversation. :)

I must say I'm excited to see who gets cast as Thrawn. I'd love to see Christian Bale, he loves Star Wars and almost played Dryden Vos.

What metric would you use to gauge success, and what is good or bad then? The fans of the Star Wars franchise who made it popular and last as a pop culture phenomenon for over 40 years clearly hate the ST in absolutely overwhelming number. We got here because an incompetent agenda driven executive got hired to run a franchise she clearly doesn't understand.

Something can be popular and not good and something can be unpopular and be very good. You would agree with that correct?

Now having said that.. I am not saying that the ST is worthy of being remembered as an all time great trilogy.. But what I am saying is that is no better or worse then the PT.. That was once hated and i now embraced by many..... The PT had to deal with the wrath of the OT fans the ST is now dealing with the wrath of the OT and PT fans :lol

So what I gauge as quality is not what the masses or critics think... If I went down that road then I would have thought John Carpenter's The Thing was one of the worst films eve and I would have hated Master of Puppets at the time of its release. For the record I am not saying that the ST is Old school Metallica or The Thing.. But you get the just of my point.

If I want to gauge by just $$$ then The ST actually made more money (even adjusted for inflation then the PT) so in that manner it is a success also.

Again having said all that... Do I think the ST could have been done better... Without question.. Do I think it ruined SW? Not anymore then the PT did.. I am hoping the mandalorian and shows like it can help the ST much like TCW and Rebels (hell even the ST) helped the PT become more acceptable.

Something can be popular and not good and something can be unpopular and be very good. You would agree with that correct?

Yes I mostly agree with that statement but with the qualifier that the majority of hard-core fans of a long running franchise such as Star Wars almost always have a better take on what should and shouldn't be than some egghead critic hired by the media. Critic reviews nowadays are bought and paid for.

Now having said that.. I am not saying that the ST is worthy of being remembered as an all time great trilogy.. But what I am saying is that is no better or worse then the PT.. That was once hated and i now embraced by many..... The PT had to deal with the wrath of the OT fans the ST is now dealing with the wrath of the OT and PT fans :lol

So what I gauge as quality is not what the masses or critics think... If I went down that road then I would have thought John Carpenter's The Thing was one of the worst films eve and I would have hated Master of Puppets at the time of its release. For the record I am not saying that the ST is Old school Metallica or The Thing.. But you get the just of my point.

If I want to gauge by just $$$ then The ST actually made more money (even adjusted for inflation then the PT) so in that manner it is a success also.

Again having said all that... Do I think the ST could have been done better... Without question.. Do I think it ruined SW? Not anymore then the PT did.. I am hoping the mandalorian and shows like it can help the ST much like TCW and Rebels (hell even the ST) helped the PT become more acceptable.

Jaws. It?s all about merchandise. Avatar was a huge seller and people sung its praises back then . It?s all but forgotten . Yes the ST made more money than the PT at the box office but the pt sells more abd is still selling toys and merch and is still popular. Star Wars couldnt survive in box office numbers alone it needed the merchandise to keep it going . The ST sells pretty much none . No collectors want them and kids like the older stuff. Mando is the only new thing that sells.

Just saw this to. They even made freakin jar jar. Something is definitely wrong with your franchise if jar jar sells more than the newest characters. The fanbase for the ST is pretty much all but dead. I?d say like maybe 500 people tops loved it . If kids liked it then they?d have more games centered around the ST . All upcoming games are in the middle of pt and ot.

Star Wars survived this long off merchandise not ticket sales and it?s laughable that jar jar binks still sells more than rey and kylo but that?s understandable.

Just saw this to. They even made freakin jar jar. Something is definitely wrong with your franchise if jar jar sells more than the newest characters. The fanbase for the ST is pretty much all but dead. I?d say like maybe 500 people tops loved it . If kids liked it then they?d have more games centered around the ST . All upcoming games are in the middle of pt and ot.

Star Wars survived this long off merchandise not ticket sales and it?s laughable that jar jar binks still sells more than rey and kylo but that?s understandable.

It's definitely true that the toys played a large part in keeping the films alive and relevant for all this time. You have to love this stuff a lot to spend all the money and display it in your house. The vast majority of ST people don't actually give a damn about Star Wars, just their agenda. That is why they don't buy.

Back