The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because its easier to improve something that is already improved. They are deepfaking the already CGI'd Luke. Of course they can improve on it.

Yea so why not deepfake their own work before release!!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there a snobbery in the special effects industry towards deepfaking? Because personally I think whatever gets the best results is what you should go with. Deepfake really seems to be beating CGI with human faces lately.

Favreau was really upset that Ahsoka and Fett leaked so early and that was one of the reasons they went CGI for Luke (and R2 as well.)

That way they could just tell the actors in the room to be in awe at what they were watching on the security monitors, ask "are you a Jedi" when the doors open, then look sad as Grogu leaves. It sounds like no one knew which Jedi answered the call save F&F and a handful of animators.

Hamill did provide mo-cap for the close ups and shots of him holding and looking at Grogu but wasn't ever in the same room with the other actors.

If that's true am all the more impressed with Pascal. In theory being able to perform with nothing in front of you is what actors are paid to do - still. If I were an actor I'd hate all the green screen stuff. Tom Holland has been funny talking about it - acting like you are fighting SOMEONE but you don't know who.

Recasting Luke is dangerous. Only one side or the other is likely be happy. And if you try to please everyone, then nobody will be happy.

I'd say quit trying to please everyone:pfft:, and tell a story worth watching, and possibly make up the money down the road in licensing fees. Still mad at myself for not seeing Solo big screen - not the best as it's kinda murky re the cinematography, but surprisingly good too. Intriguing characters. Also has that bleak touch I like.:cool:

Still think they should've done a recast with Stan and saved the big Luke moment for the end of the series - this feels weird. But, there are so many happy fans and Luke crushing that Dark Trooper - it's like I don't have the heart to feel negative. Anyway the only thing IMO they can do to top that arc, is the re-union, because it'd really be stupid to have another big Grogu leaves - again - moment.

So it seems that the cgi quality is tied to keeping Luke a secret.

Less people allowed to work on it.

Doesn't make sense to me.

If less people then just bring in the best.

They need to work on that lol

Still think they should've done a recast with Stan and saved the big Luke moment for the end of the series - this feels weird. But, there are so many happy fans and Luke crushing that Dark Trooper - it's like I don't have the heart to feel negative. Anyway the only thing IMO they can do to top that arc, is the re-union, because it'd really be stupid to have another big Grogu leaves - again - moment.

I'm so happy they did the Luke with Hamill moment now. It means that even if the show is eventually destroyed by ST garbage the first two seasons can remain the self contained story of Mando, Grogu, and Luke. I almost wonder if Favreau intentionally framed it this way.

So why didn't they do so? Time constraints? Don't think so. The improved deepfake appeared within days of the episode airing. How constrained could they be?

Yea so why not deepfake their own work before release!!! Lol

That is a good question.

So it seems that the cgi quality is tied to keeping Luke a secret.

Less people allowed to work on it.

Doesn't make sense to me.

If less people then just bring in the best.

Disney doesn't always use the best. Working for Disney is a pleasure only for a few. And they have "their own people".

But keeping Luke a secret likely impacted how much work could be done.

I'm so happy they did the Luke with Hamill moment now. It means that even if the show is eventually destroyed by ST garbage the first two seasons can remain the self contained story of Mando, Grogu, and Luke. I almost wonder if Favreau intentionally framed it this way.

Luke will probably be the last big spoiler of the series I can't picture anything bigger other than Ford Solo.

Or Grogu is Yoda reveal.

Or Mando is killed.

That is a good question.

Disney doesn't always use the best. Working for Disney is a pleasure only for a few. And they have "their own people".

But keeping Luke a secret likely impacted how much work could be done.

JF is now saying a super minimal team worked on Luke which made it quite challenging and that Hamill signed on 12 months ago.

It’s funny how some “reporters” knew there was friction on the set with Pedro and even said he walked away, but knew nothing about Luke.

Luke will probably be the last big spoiler of the series I can't picture anything bigger other than Ford Solo.

Or Grogu is Yoda reveal.

Or Mando is killed.

Maybe in season 4 or 5 Mando will be in a very precarious situation and a trained Grogu will surprise rescue him.

There are a lot of unsubstantiated rumors flying around about the future of the show. Some are suggesting a big time jump ahead in season 3. And of course lots of Luke and Grogu rumors as well.

Yeah, it makes no sense that random third parties can upstage ILM. First JL, now SW.

Is there a snobbery in the special effects industry towards deepfaking? Because personally I think whatever gets the best results is what you should go with. Deepfake really seems to be beating CGI with human faces lately.

I'm not clear on how Deepfake works. Where are they sourcing the imagery from? Does it set up a Byzantine maze of licensing issues for studios? But Disney owns it all anyway, and their MCU stuff was excellent. Time and budget and secrecy maybe?

I am confuse. :confused:

It?s funny how some ?reporters? knew there was friction on the set with Pedro and even said he walked away, but knew nothing about Luke.

Wow great point

All I know is CGI Luke looked just fine through my teary eyes... no you're crying!

THIS THIS THIS!

I NEED TO GIVE YOU A HI 5

:hi5:

The last thing on my mind was the cgi quality I was too busy freaking the hell out as soon as I saw the cloaked person.

I didn’t catch on it was Luke with the single XWing because at that point I still thought it was just the rebellion coming in to save them.

I'm fine with it. I don't need down-to-the-mole exactness. Its the idea that is most important. And that idea was brilliant.

Hopefully in time there will be a certain charm to the CGI.

Or Grogu is Yoda reveal.

Or Mando is killed.

If that happens there will be no people except animal and child abusers that I hate like F & F. And that's after my Infinity War meltdown.:monkey3
My geek rage will crinkle the paint off the walls.

Sue me, I want a happy ending for Din D'jarin.

The man's been thru h#ll saving Grogu. And I don't need anything reminding me of the Kylo-just-keeled-over &^%$ either.:pfft:

PS. Glad you are slowly healing Jye! :duff Keep it up - lots of GARLIC and honey and vinegar - the good stuff. My nana would've said a shot of whiskey too.:drink

The last thing on my mind was the cgi quality I was too busy freaking the hell out as soon as I saw the cloaked person.

I didn?t catch on it was Luke with the single XWing because at that point I still thought it was just the rebellion coming in to save them.

Yeah, I didn't either. Seriously thought it was Bridger popping out of the woodwork.

Yes, just like over time we've all come to appreciate Jar Jar's charm. Oh wait..
No.:stake

Back