The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Deborah Chow did a great job directing this episode and this coming from someone accused of being a sexist because I didn't like Kennedy Girl Power TLJ...

Then really need to replace Kennedy with Jon Favreau, he gets Star Wars...

How The F#%! do you end the Skywalker story by making it all about new characters... It makes no sense... All Abrams, Kennedy, and Johnson did was reboot the original trilogy with a female protagnoist.

Luke starts out on a desert planet and finds droids the empire is hunting, they get on the falcon and leave, they end up having to blow up a death star.

Rey starts out on a desert planet, she finds a droid the first order is hunting, she gets on the falcon and leaves, they end up having to blow up a death planet

Abrams is a hack...

Up to this moment I still vividly remember being called "woman hater" from a "specific member" in this thread, because I disliked how "Ray Ray" was superficially developed in TFA 2016, but yet ridiculously overpowered :).

While this was an understandable, human (or I guess, Mandolorean?) reaction to seeing a relatively defenseless infant being treated like a lab rat, it's kind of weird that he didn't feel this regret until after he dropped the Yoda off. Pretty damn unprofessional to take the bounty reward and then come back and steal the person he dropped off, without at least returning his armor. Guy has no professional code of ethics. Shame on him.

Certainly, it seems like he won't have any chance to be a bounty hunter again. Who would hire this guy? I guess he'll have to be a farmer or, more likely, generic mercenary for hire. Though even on that front, I wouldn't hire someone so untrustworthy. Opposite of Golgo 13. Or the A Team.

Well I think he realized that he draws a line at child trafficking, especially one that saved his life and that was almost unceremoniously offed by a droid just like his own family, "code" be damned. Otherwise everything you said is true and he's out for good unless he is offered some "John Wick" style penance which I'm sure he'll refuse.

While this was an understandable, human (or I guess, Mandolorean?) reaction to seeing a relatively defenseless infant being treated like a lab rat, it's kind of weird that he didn't feel this regret until after he dropped the Yoda off. Pretty damn unprofessional to take the bounty reward and then come back and steal the person he dropped off, without at least returning his armor. Guy has no professional code of ethics. Shame on him.

That?s why the episode was titled The Sin.

To be fair, the Mandalorians view the beskar as theirs, and the empire stole it from them. So you could argue all he did was steal it back from them.

Would it be hypocritical of me to criticize the story group for the sequels yet unceremoniously praise the Mandolorian and Rogue One? Everything goes through them at one point.

Apparently this is the first thing that didn't "go through" the story group the standard way. Favreau had completely finished writing the entire first season script(s) before presenting it Lucasfilm.

Apparently this is the first thing that didn't "go through" the story group the standard way. Favreau had completely finished writing the entire first season script(s) before presenting it Lucasfilm.

Yep, The Mandalorian is all Favreau, Kenndy had zero to do with it, as I mentioned before she got a producer credit only because she's the top dawg at Lucasfilms so she gets to put her name on everything whether she had anything to do with it or not.

If Kennedy had anything to do with The Mandalorian she would of fired Favreau a long time ago for not making the lead character female... or as she likes to say "creative differences"

I have a feeling that Disney is not giving her as much free reign as she had when this all first started...

Last edited:

dat Beskar tho

The-Mandalorian-Chapter-3-The-Sin-star-wars-43112955-540-226.gif

Wonder if that ?baby-force-power? could ultimately be what ?fuels? the powers of Snoke... since it?s the remnants of the Empire collecting it and Snoke will rise a few years after. ...just a theory. [emoji848]

It does not matter what JJ does, people are not invested or have chosen to dislike the ST already. The third film will not change any minds, even if it great....

I doubt it could be that great to turn anyone.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Exactly

Wonder if that ?baby-force-power? could ultimately be what ?fuels? the powers of Snoke... since it?s the remnants of the Empire collecting it and Snoke will rise a few years after. ...just a theory. [emoji848]

That?s a good possibility either way it will be tied to Snoke or Palpatine.

But 2nd rate Yoda matches up perfectly with 2nd rate Emperor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I think he realized that he draws a line at child trafficking, especially one that saved his life and that was almost unceremoniously offed by a droid just like his own family, "code" be damned. Otherwise everything you said is true and he's out for good unless he is offered some "John Wick" style penance which I'm sure he'll refuse.
Not sure why he brought Yoda Jr. back there at all, then. I guess he was unduly optimistic that Werner Herzog was a good man.

On a related note, I was on a flight last week and watched an awesome interview of Gorbechev by Herzog. Much better than any Star Wars movie released in decades.

To be fair, the Mandalorians view the beskar as theirs, and the empire stole it from them. So you could argue all he did was steal it back from them.
From what I recall, they have been really vague about what happened between the Mandolorians and the Empire, but that part does seem true. Seems like the Fett brigade could have ransacked the Imperial headquarters to get that metal instead of going through all this nonsense.

dat Beskar tho

The-Mandalorian-Chapter-3-The-Sin-star-wars-43112955-540-226.gif

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the fully armored up Mandolorian. Reminds me too much of Django Fett :monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4

That's also got to hurt the attractiveness of the Hot Toys figure, assuming he continues with this look moving forward. But so far, it seems like he looks a little different in almost every episode for one reason or another (armor upgrades, weapon upgrades, potential sigil upgrade coming). I think it's a neat story element, but has to be frustrating for the toy companies. Maybe HT will do Mando 2.0 next year, though.

Yeah, it?s completely understandable how Mando reacted to the whole situation actually. For many the thought of committing a wrong doesn?t keep them from doing it but, after doing it, reflecting on the act sparks action. For Mando he not only regretted the act, especially after being reminded of the little guy upon seeing the shifter without the knob, but it?s his own experiences as a child that he seems to be reminded of deeply during the armor process that motivated him to go back and rescue him.

Basically he realizes he ******ed up and acts to reverse it, at great personal risk.

Because this is the way.

I also think the other Mandalorians (particularly the one that squabbled with him) decided to help when they realized he?d stuck it to the Imperial Remnant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back