The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it fair to say that about half of the first episode was seen in the previously leaked footage?

I wouldn't say half, but some stuff yes. But that's fine by me. Better to keep the trailer footage mainly from the first episode or two and keep the rest a surprise than show all the good bits from the whole season imo.

Plus this episode has it's well kept secrets as well, unless you go online :lol

I've done too much binging lately. It'll be good for me to have to wait a week to see what happens.

We've grown too accustomed to instant gratification. It's nice to have something in our lives to build a little antici-

Re: Star Wars live action series produced and written by Jon Favreau

Nice to see that the OT and PT have the 20th Century Fox logos and fanfare. I wasn't expecting that after the Netherlands preview showed only the previous non-Fox digital releases.

I've done too much binging lately. It'll be good for me to have to wait a week to see what happens.

We've grown too accustomed to instant gratification. It's nice to have something in our lives to build a little antici-

C'monnnnn, finish that post, I can't wait any longer!!

Ok, now that was a great first episode. Of course, 38 min run time is a bit short, but of course as a fan, I want more.....

Awesome ending to ep 1. Did not see that coming

The fanfare is on the the OT!!!! :yess:

Christ is my job dragging today as soon as I get home i?m firing up Boba without even showering first!

4K check
Atmos check
Booze check

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First episode was great - it really has that OT feel to it! I was so close to giving up on Star Wars after TLJ but this has definitely brought me back and given hope that there's still quality stories in the SW universe to be told. Glad we only have to wait until Friday for the next episode, but it's gonna be hard to wait a full week after that.:lol

This was pretty good. Definitely has you wanting to come back for more.

And I just realized after watching the Movie The Black Hole?.... same movie as Event Horizon... [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was pretty pleased with the first episode. It had some good humor and action. I loved seeing an IG unit in action like that! I'm looking forward to more episodes.

Loved it! Great set-up. Good ending. Can't wait for 9 more of these.

About the only thing I'm not crazy about is the Disney Star Wars logo in the beginning. And maybe the music so far. But everything else was perfect Star Wars.

And thanks to my new friend!

A couple parts of this episode reminded me of the old Star Wars: Bounty Hunter (one of my favorites) video game.

Spoiler Spoiler:

[...]About the only thing I'm not crazy about is the Disney Star Wars logo in the beginning.

At once very Disney and yet kinda cheap looking.

And maybe the music so far.[...]

I've actually been digging the music. Very retro-serial-adventure. The whole show seems to be scaled down, smaller and quieter, lacking the bombast of many of the films.

So far I see this as a good thing; like Favreau and company scaled everything back to see what essential elements lie beneath all the fan hysteria and marketing madness.

I've also seen a lot of visual and narrative references to different types of storytelling that I'm also enjoying. Just watched the second episode.

There were minor things I found goofy here and there, but my girlfriend likes those elements and thinks that without them it wouldn't be connected to the OT, which always had some of that.

I keep getting intermittent error messages:

Sorry. The administrator has banned your IP address. To contact the administrator click here

Wow, it let me post that time!

Great episode. Great music.

Spoiler Spoiler:

The board was down for a day or two and I automatically assumed it's cause we're all finally in agreement about something that we all love and it crashed the servers.

What I loved most about the second episode is
Spoiler Spoiler:

Isn't it amazing that a character who essentially has no face is exponentially more human and relatable and even EMOTIVE than that plank of wood Mary Sue? Hell, make that Rey, Finn, and Poe COMBINED....just in the hour we've seen so far.

Back