The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with everything said above. Great observations Jye, Coco, Sachial, ZE, Nazgul and Matt!

2nd episode was another winner. I'm glad that someone who gets it is behind the wheel of this show. A couple episodes in and I'm already like...Boba who?:lol

This is my major problem so far. Basically everything Disney is doing is detracting from what came before (and not because it’s better).

So it seems every Mandalorian is a bounty hunter and...

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm in OT/RO heaven with this show.

I didn't think I wanted a non-Fett Mandalorian bounty hunter character but this show seems to be much more in line with 70's/80's lore than anything from AOTC or CW. After watching two episodes I now feel like these guys are like Predators where there can be room for more than just one. OT Fett was the Jungle Hunter. Mando is the City Hunter. I can't wait to watch him continue to rise through the ranks of his people.

And yes I absolutely do want a 1:1 scale replica of little you know who. ;)

This is my major problem so far. Basically everything Disney is doing is detracting from what came before (and not because it?s better).

So it seems every Mandalorian is a bounty hunter and...

Spoiler Spoiler:

When I think about it, these are valid criticisms, but overall I'm willing to set aside any nagging concerns and enjoy what's looking to be a fun ride.

No film in the OT was tight or polished -- cringe-y dialogue, plot holes and ret-cons abounded, but it entertained and gave us something that made sense in broad strokes.

Sure there's room for improvement.

I blame a lot of what you've brought up on Filoni. A lot of fans talk about this guy like the second coming but IMO he's made some very questionable decisions regarding world-building and lore in The Clone Wars, but here we are and I'm down to just roll with it.

True, we can't expect perfection, and fan service is inevitable.

Maybe it's inevitable that the more SW content is made, the more it will overshadow the original stuff.

(Plus there's still hope he'll turn out to be Boba after all ;))

The cool thing is they're already shooting season 2 as we speak.

After watching this 2nd episode, this series really feels like Star Wars. Abrams and Rian Johnson just don't have a clue what Star Wars is, all they really did was TRY to copy the plots of the original trilogy and failed miserably, Rian Johnson tried to put his own personal twists on things which made it even worse. And then you had Kennedy trying to push her own agenda the whole time.

I'm glad we now have someone who actually gets it.

(Plus there's still hope he'll turn out to be Boba after all ;))

The first episode flashbacks already show that Mando isn't AOTC Boba and that he hasn't earned his "insignia" yet which I took to be a reference to Fett having this insignia on his chest armor:

fett.jpg

I guess they could say he's Fett with amnesia and having to rise again through the ranks but that would be weird.

Something interesting though is that there's an episode of the CW cartoon that someone posted online where the leader of Mandalore tells Obi-Wan that Jango and Boba weren't real Mandalorians and that they were just impostors wearing Mandalorian armor. And yet this new Mandalorian seems to confirm that everything about Fett, from his Holiday Special beast riding days with the tuning fork cattle prod rifle to his propensity for "disintegrating" opponents (something not associated with any other character in all of Star Wars,) really does line up with true Mandalorian ways and that they might be ignoring AOTC/CW canon in that regard.

I approve.

The cool thing is they're already shooting season 2 as we speak.

After watching this 2nd episode, this series really feels like Star Wars. Abrams and Rian Johnson just don't have a clue what Star Wars is, all they really did was TRY to copy the plots of the original trilogy and failed miserably, Rian Johnson tried to put his own personal twists on things which made it even worse. And then you had Kennedy trying to push her own agenda the whole time.

I'm glad we now have someone who actually gets it.

Hell yeah they do. I freaking love those off-world jawas. They were real bastards, lol. Just give the whole damn thing to Favreau.

Two things:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I can?t believe they reinvented one of the primary characters and (so far) it worked!

I also want one lol

My wife can?t stop with the awwwwwwww lol

Yes wanting more is better than wishing it was over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just goes to show what can be done by people who have a passion for and a real knowledge about a particular franchise. Take that and add the fact that both Dave and Jon respect and appreciate the fans and know what makes the majority of them happy.

The most surprising thing for me so far is that they not only incorporated but obviously made a character like the asset a major part of the story line...and I love it. Had I heard of what they were planning ahead of time I think I would have wrote them off as nuts.

Just goes to show what can be done by people who have a passion for and a real knowledge about a particular franchise. Take that and add the fact that both Dave and Jon respect and appreciate the fans and know what makes the majority of them happy.

The most surprising thing for me so far is that they not only incorporated but obviously made a character like the asset a major part of the story line...and I love it. Had I heard of what they were planning ahead of time I think I would have wrote them off as nuts.

OMG had I known beforehand I would?ve instantly said hell no bad idea.

I love being proven wrong.

Seriously! :lol On paper it would have sounded like Anakin rescuing Stinky the Hutt all over again, lol.

Hopefully Mando knows not to feed the little guy after midnight.

OMG had I known beforehand I would?ve instantly said hell no bad idea.

I love being proven wrong.

After chapter 2 I was sold. And Stinky is exactly what I thought of at the beginning. Now I want a 1/6 figure of the little guy in a bad way.

Seeing how the protagonist - the Mandalorian himself, struggling extremely hard through first two episodes in order to get- the- job- done reminds me how much I despise that studpidly overpowered Mary Sue.

Seeing how the protagonist - the Mandalorian himself, struggling extremely hard through first two episodes in order to get- the- job- done reminds me how much I despise that studpidly overpowered Mary Sue.

At the surface yes I agree.

But can?t compare a bounty hunter to a Jedi directly associated with Anakin or Luke Skywalker, the freaking Emperor, Midichlorians and the Whills!

Yippeeee!

Back