Action Figure The Mandalorian- 1:6 Remnant Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice

One thing I've noticed is they really could do with a shorter neck peg. I think that would elevate the R1 style and make it look less cosplay stormtrooper.

Adjusting the neck post forward and tilting the head up helps hide the floating helmet look a bit. At least it did on my RO which appear to be exactly the same figure.

Nice

One thing I've noticed is they really could do with a shorter neck peg. I think that would elevate the R1 style and make it look less cosplay stormtrooper.

There are a handful RO style helmets in the mix in Mando, but the OT styled helmet really dominates, in both closer-up action and even in stormie crowds, so it's a strange choice for HT to return to the RO helmet for their remnant trooper. Really could have been a chance for HT to take another crack at an OT-style helmet sculpt.

While it does the job as stormie filler behind your Mando fig, the RO goggle edges/lenses are so much more rounded/bulbous versus the flat and sharper edges of the OT styled helmet seen on the Remnants of RO. Almost like triangles versus ovals. And the mouth seems so much more prominent on the OT styled version.

(and sorry, image credit to Chronos for his HT fig pic.)

Zwcc7hI.jpg

...I ended up ordering this. Damn... now I probably need the scout... and Ig- 11 ...and.

Yeah I think if you are buying this you are likely a Mandalorian completist. What other figure would one prioritize lower, besides probably the incinerator trooper?

Ha, I wouldn't have even noticed if you hadn't said anything.

:lol

To me, I don't think it's a strange choice for HT. I think it was an easy choice: re-use a recent sculpt.

Oh yeah I understand from a practical/ease point of view (it's actually more than reuse of recent sculpt - it's just a straight reissue of the RO stormie with different paint app,) I just mean a strange choice in that it looks quite different to the OT-styled helmet that dominates in Mando.

Oh yeah I understand from a practical/ease point of view (it's actually more than reuse of recent sculpt - it's just a straight reissue of the RO stormie with different paint app,) I just mean a strange choice in that it looks quite different to the OT-styled helmet that dominates in Mando.

I almost surely would have bought at least two :dunno

Yeah I think if you are buying this you are likely a Mandalorian completist. What other figure would one prioritize lower, besides probably the incinerator trooper?

Personally, I would de-prioritize the Death Troopers over these guys. I think the Incinerator Trooper looks great. Looking forward to that one more than I was the Remnant Troopers.

Adjusting the neck post forward and tilting the head up helps hide the floating helmet look a bit. At least it did on my RO which appear to be exactly the same figure.

Thanks for the tip! Just did that with my Remnant Troopers and it definitely improves their look. Easy fix.

To me, I don't think it's a strange choice for HT. I think it was an easy choice: re-use a recent sculpt.

If it's recent then that would be the RotJ stormie which canonically (if not screen accuracy wise) would also make the most sense.

Thanks for the tip! Just did that with my Remnant Troopers and it definitely improves their look. Easy fix.

:duff

If it's recent then that would be the RotJ stormie which canonically (if not screen accuracy wise) would also make the most sense.

Agreed... SW timeline would favor the ROTJ buckets but Disney prop house stock favors otherwise ;)
Who knows we could still see HT doing a triple dip with the simple rerelease of the RO clean Trooper aka
the Moff Gideon Stormtrooper MM$??? :lol

ROTJ type Stormies appeared in SE, so you would expect that. In fact we got RO type Stormies, and these might be the future canon

You?d think so. But I?m not intending to complete the lineup. I just love worn and weathered SW and that?s why I couldn?t help it. But I?ll probably end up buying more than I intended to do... initially I didn?t want this one, IG-11 or the scout trooper... but now I kind of want them. I really like the ?remnant? look of these and I?m an addict.

I honestly love the worn and weathered look of them, but I would also be lying if I said that I hadn't spent $400 on accessories for the Madalorian when he finally ships.

Last edited:
c43e65e514defbdcc157deea23db7c23.jpg

Two definitely looks better than one [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back