Action Figure The Mandalorian- 1:6 Remnant Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are fun and are a great gateway to the Mando 1/6 train but the "cute" look of the helmets is a little distracting.

Almost seems like Hasbro did a better job capturing the RO style helmet than HT did.

Hasbro-Star-Wars-Black-Series-Mandalorian-Stormtrooper-Promo-03-scaled.jpg

:rotfl

(To be absolutely fair, some production examples look far worse than others so it's a little random. No offense to the dedicated team at Hasbro.)

Yeah Ive seen some worse ones but I've also seen some production figs that in some ways look better than the prototype (this is from fan youtube in-hand review from a week ago.)

As I said, obviously accounting for 6" vs 12" scale capabilities, this Hasbro sculpt to me looks more accurate than the HT effort for a RO style helmet.

ngNUucb.png

The irregularities introduced by low-cost mass production give their R1 bucket more of an OT vibe. :lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The irregularities introduced by low-cost mass production give their R1 bucket more of an OT vibe. :lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just as their OT version had - to me at least - a bit of a RO vibe.:lol

Got a few of these in, the weathering looks like they sweated through their armor. It?s just weird to see the exact same weathering pattern printed on every figure. (Lazy HT)

But......the great part is they make damn sweet Mimban Troopers. :lol Head cast will be done tomorrow.

LywfXly.jpg

oNh6mYA.jpg

Got a few of these in, the weathering looks like they sweated through their armor. It?s just weird to see the exact same weathering pattern printed on every figure. (Lazy HT)

But......the great part is they make damn sweet Mimban Troopers. :lol Head cast will be done tomorrow.

LywfXly.jpg

oNh6mYA.jpg

I?m not sure it would be doable - when the weathering is this prominent - making every single trooper differently weathered. How many customers would be unsatisfied that their version didn?t look like or as good as some other customers version?
And the yellow ?sweat? thing... isn?t that pretty much accurate to the show? Not sure how I feel yet as I haven?t received mine yet... if I?m not satisfied I?ll turn mine into a Mimban trooper as well.
ed6e1fef441d03dc0c792e194c78b990.plist

ae628f46f5189e2bd1d51f19271d5ad7.plist

I appreciate the comment. For me, I buy multiples of every trooper and they look goofy displayed together with the exact same weathering.

To be fair, where it is printed the same on every one is just not that great. The sweat comment could interchange urine for the color they chose, a rust or burnt umber would have been a better color choice.

One other knock is the neckpost is so tall, it looks like a bobble head. I had to change out the necks to make them not look bad.

Last edited:
Nice HokieTwo. My eye always goes directly to their left shoulder armor. If I was doing multiples of these that?d be the first to remove to make it a different trooper. Kinda like how every Sandtrooper has that same chest weathering.
I?ve got one for a possible Mimban Trooper or may swap the helmet for one of my ANH Stunt Buckets to look more like the show. Decisions...

Seeing those screen caps really makes me wish HT would?ve done the shape of the lenses better on these troopers. I guess it could be modded to look more accurate

Nice HokieTwo. My eye always goes directly to their left shoulder armor. If I was doing multiples of these that?d be the first to remove to make it a different trooper. Kinda like how every Sandtrooper has that same chest weathering.
I?ve got one for a possible Mimban Trooper or may swap the helmet for one of my ANH Stunt Buckets to look more like the show. Decisions...
The Mimban TK is straight forward to mod and it looks great with the mudtrooper. If you have the Han mud skull it’s a nice shelf to pull together.

Like a Star Wars WWII montage.

The Mimban TK is straight forward to mod and it looks great with the mudtrooper. If you have the Han mud skull it?s a nice shelf to pull together.

Like a Star Wars WWII montage.

Yes indeed. I have a few Mudtroopers I?ve been customizing, an officer, and also have a custom Mimban Trooper in the works - not sure if I need a second. Gonna be my favorite multiple trooper display to work on next to Krennic and his Death Trooper squad.

Exactly, a bit of random swapping of pieces wouldn't have been hard. Considering they use sponge applicators for the weathering it also wouldn't have been hard to change them up a bit, say every hour on their production shift or something. Anyway it is what it is.

There will be complaints no matter which way they went.

Back