The Lord of the Rings Polystone Statue and PF Lines are alive!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FWIW SS Alex over on the 'Other' forum stated in answer to a Q about possible LOTR product through Spook;

'But to answer your question...most likely...no.'

Straight from the horse's mouth... after going through both SDCC and Spook with little more than SS BS probably safe to declare SS Middle-Earth :rip

Hmm, I think they will come in here and tease some more that the line is alive. And when every single LotR piece is sold out (Sauron, Steed, those Gimli's they have in stock) after a couple months they state nothing is in the works right now.

But are you surprised? I am actually happy somebody finally confirmed what we all knew.

After them acquiring a Hobbit licence, saying they'd complete the Fellowship in the maquette line, saying we'd hear something just after SDCC, then saying we'd see something at spook...

Sideshow are becoming a company of liars.

Unbelievable. They are simply unbelievable. Horrendous communications and outright lies!

Weta are better anyway. They don't lie to collectors. Their new statues look great too. Ss can bite me

*sigh I was hoping for some news on the Hobbit line or continuation of the statue line for the LoTR. I don't know maybe SS is bored with Middle-Earth and they rather do some other licenses instead. Even if they do not have a full product you would think after all these months they would show sketches or early sculpts. Oh well as much as it sucks, money saved.

After them acquiring a Hobbit licence, saying they'd complete the Fellowship in the maquette line, saying we'd hear something just after SDCC, then saying we'd see something at spook...

Sideshow are becoming a company of liars.

+100000000000

:goodpost:

Sideshow does not deserve a minute of our time.

They made ​​fun of all collectors of Middle Earth, and I see they are afraid to compete against the company Weta.

But hey, at least they have a new version of Vampirella! Seriously, epic fail from SS. They've been spitting in the face of loyal LOTR collectors for too long now. I think Gangrel is right, they know they can't compete with Weta so they're pulling out of the game. Except instead of informing their customers, they offer a series of little lies and/or half-truths to move remaining product. Pretty crappy way of doing business. And note how not one - not a single one - of SS's reps let us know here on the board, or even said anything until someone asked.

I just posted this on the other forum. Let's see what SS has to say for themselves.

Hey SSAlex, do you mean to say that after being told we would see something LOTR "shortly after ComicCon", because SS didn't want the announcement to get lost with everything that was going on then, to "we can expect something at Spook", that we can now expect nothing? Has SS given up on Middle Earth and simply refuses to let the cat out of the bag? Just exactly what is going on with LOTR and the Hobbit?

And here's the answer. Reading between the lines, SS is done with Middle Earth but won't admit it. In over a year, they can not find the time or resources to show us a work in progress?

There is more coming just nothing done enough to let loose yet. There should be some news before the end of the year though.

:(

I thought I couldn't be any more disappointed with this company and yet Sideshow finds more ways to achieve just that. I actually feel being ridiculed somewhat. By a friggin collectibles company! :slap Unbelievable. And to think I used to admire them. Unbelievable.

:(

game-over-man-game-over.jpg

This is bull****

There is more coming just nothing done enough to let loose yet. There should be some news before the end of the year though.

:lol:rotfl:lol

Classic. Absolute classic. Screw you too SS! After all these years, from the SSW days I've been here.

I guess this is why woodsy vanished. He knew that the game was up.

I had the little phrase under my user-name changed from 'Weta is better' just after the SSW split because people thought I was having a go at Sideshow when in fact I meant 'Sideshow/Weta is better', but I might now change it back!

I guess it's time to shut'er down then. Or at least change the name to, "The Lord of the Rings Polystone Statue and PF Lines are Dead." Dead, baby, dead.

I have the impression that because it is a contractual obligation of them to release something by the end of the year if they want to keep the license they will do so. Just my opinion.

They can make 3 versions of the same character in less then 3 years and LOTR gets the shaft again. Yep... this is the SS I know and love. ;)

I'm back into collecting after a few years in the collectors wilderness & it was the whole Sideshow Weta LotR line that got me into collecting in the first place. So unfortunately I missed the whole Premium Format, Polystone & Legendary Scale Bust lines.

I know they did a PF Morgul Lord but can someone tell me please if they ever did a Polystone Statue of him. I have the original beautiful Sideshow Weta version of him along with the Eowyn statue companion piece. :eowyn :nazgul But I have no idea if they ever did him in their recent Polystone Statue range.

Back