The LEGO Movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This part had me rolling. Charlie Day was great!!

tumblr_n0uqjsAVGc1qf0z59o1_r1_500.gif

saw the movie today, great comedy it was hard to make out the action in lego form but the story and the comedy is what made this so much fun

Saw it over the weekend with my family - everyone loved it.
Lots of laughs and as a Dad to a six year old boy, a very relatable story....will be owning the Blu-Ray no doubt :rock

This part had me rolling. Charlie Day was great!!

View attachment 94443
Yeah, 80s Space Guy was the real highlight of the movie IMO. Perfect voice casting there, as was Will Arnette as a funny Batman. Space Guy was the one figure I actually wanted to get from this movie, but turns out the non-vintage one hasn't been released yet.

Anyone else in here can't stop singing everything is awesome?

Me!!!!!!

Have you guys played the game yet? Everyone reprises their roles from the movie, and it's just as fun listening to the characters talk to each other while playing. I just unlocked Batman and UniKitty! Heck yea!!

I was going to order the game online from Best Buy since I have a $15 reward certificate, but they're sold out online. How can you be sold out online? :slap

I saw this yesterday, and it was glorious. Well deserving of all the hype and extremely entertaining. Batman's "Untitled Self Portrait" should win the Oscar for Best Original Song next year. That being said, I probably laughed the hardest at Benny and Good Cop (for the simple fact that I can't get the image of Liam Neeson doing that voice in a booth out of my head; that better be on some sort of behind-the-scenes featurette).

Everything about this movie is AWESOME!

An absolute stand-out of an animated flick. And very likely the very BEST toy-based movie ever made in my opinion. This movie had characters, it had personality, it had heart, and not only was it funny but it had WIT behind it. I really, really enjoyed it and parents will love taking to their kids to this as it appeals across the ages.

If you think this will be a huge "product placement" movie, don't be. In fact, it'll probably touch the creativity and the childhood you had with Lego (if any). It does actually cleverly addresses several themes about Lego (how kids and adults view Lego, being imaginative with the toys vs. using the instructions, etc.) but doesn't really do it in a way that feels forced and instead does tug at your heart a little. I think that's something that a lot of us adult collectors can certainly appreciate.

Go see it. If you don't, you're missing out.

BTW - Glad to see WB actually loosen up on Batman. He is hysterical in this flick.

Saw it this weekend, it was good.

WW did nothing, just like her movie career. :lol

I went in spoiler free so it was a pleasant surprise.

I won't be owning it though, but it was worth a one shot.

My only criticism is that I think WB could have been better sports about including Marvel Legos. They finally started showing Marvel on The Big Bang Theory and could have really followed suit in this movie too. Think of all the funny jokes each superhero could have had at the others' expense. You know Superman making fun of the Avengers for needing a whole team to stop an alien invasion, the Avengers coming back with "at least we didn't destroy the city," and so on.

Lego must've been pissed being caught in the middle of that battle.

Then again, movie is doing really well w/o marvel characters.

I was watching it and thinking, hey where is SW and Marvel?

Then the SW cameo happened so I was waiting for the Marvel one and it never happened.

I didn't think that WW or Superman were handled very well.

Back