The LEGO Movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to hear all the good, we'll likely be seeing this early tomorrow, depending on if I'm snowed in or not of course. :lol

post-31089-to-the-invisible-jet-gif-Wonde-Efcg.gif

Just got back: I liked it, my 7 year old daughter loved it. My wife and 3 year old daughter were bored to tears. Think you may have to have some association with LEGO going into it.

The Lego Movie game out today too. My kid won't stop watching the video clips of the GAME on YouTube. Which console is the smart buy nowadays? I probably am getting a gaming console tomorrow.

Xbox 360 and PS3 are still are great consoles and cheap. If you want something more versitile, the PS3 can also play Blu-Ray and you don't have to pay for Playstation Plus to be able to access apps like Netflix whereas Xbox requires a paid Xbox Live subscription to be able to use those apps.

Saw it today with my 3yr old (with his Emmet and Lego Batman in tow...we've been watching the trailers non-stop for the last two weeks) and we both came out with a smile on our face. My one gripe....they gave away too much of the Batman stuff in the trailers. But again, loved it.

This movie was great!!! I loved all the cameos, Jonah Hill as GL was hilarious, I loved Metal Beard, and it was a great story to boot!! My boys loved this movie and have been begging me for the video game and lego sets since we walked out of the theatre.

Lol I loved the Liam good cop/ bad cop character. Plus this movie had a nice little message .

This was a pretty good time at the movies. Really reminded me why I loved legos so much as a kid. You could follow the instructions, but as a kid, sometimes that's pretty frustrating when you just want to build something cool. As a Batman fan, I even enjoyed seeing him parodied in this form. Arnett was perfect as an "over-the-top" Batman (in a different way than Adam West is over-the-top.)

https://herocomplex.latimes.com/mov...s-bad-boy-batman-influence-christian-bale/#/0

I loved the little references, like the zing at the TDK ending.

Saw the movie this morning, absolutely LOVED it. Really loved all of the movie references, I'm sure there are some I didn't even catch but the ones that I did catch were just fantastic. I would LOVE to see a list of things that were referenced in the movie, but after a quick Google search couldn't find it just yet.

Will probably see it again in theaters soon.

Loved this movie! It's a shame it was only dubbed 'round here :slap stupid theater owners, I'll wait for a release to see it again, how it's intended to see a movie, in it's original language.

watched this a couple weeks back with my other half and we loved it. in fact i think she had a much better time than i did and i'm the one with a huge childhood attachment to lego. it was THE formative toy growing up and moulded so much of my adult love of creativity and design. in that aspect, the film really honoured the essence of what lego is all about. the joy of pure creation.

i went in there not expecting much beyond another cynical cash-in and was majorly surprised in a good way at the quality of the film. this is clearly the work of people who put a lot of thought and love into the project. they just get it. and the best thing about it is how much heart and how emotional the film gets towards the end. a very meta-physical twist that i won't spoil for you but one that makes perfect sense according to the overall theme of the film.

also, the humour really works! the jokes, sight gags and silliness hits you in an almost non-stop barrage and the success rate is pretty high. this is mostly thanks to the superb voice performances across the board, from chris pratt, to elizabeth banks, to morgan freeman, to will arnett, to charlie day. emo batman and overly enthusiastic 80s spaceman really cracked me up!

plus the animation is top-notch, delivering a charming retro stop-motion feel via flawless CG. and one last thing to note: this is one of those kids films that do not pander or talk down to kids. it has humor that skews younger in places, but on the whole it just work equally well for children of all ages.

"everything is awesome!!"... that song pretty much sums up this movie.

Back