The Leftovers (New HBO Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure this Hasselindelof guy is smart....but holy crap his work seems to be ritually awful.

Couldn't finish the 1st episode. I'll catch the footnotes after the final season or something.

this guy did Lost? was he involved with Alias also by any chance? I always blamed Abrahms. These guys are cash cow geniuses. Create huge mysteries that grab an audience's attention, then string them along for multiple seasons waiting for explanations that never come. no thanks.

No, he actually got to work on Lost because he was on Alias message boards. No joke. Hollywood; yeah.:lol

Watched the first episode. Okay, nothing great, but I decided to pick up the book from the library. Only three chapters in, but to be fair to Lindelof, I don't think the book deals with the reason for the disappearances either. It's supposed to be about how people deal with unexplained loss.

Gonna eat crow and admit I watched the episode, and liked it. Found the performances all interesting and the show was more of a downer than I expected, but in a 'good' way

If I ever watch another episode, it will be because I hear people raving and raving over how good the season was, if that happens, maybe I'll come back to see more.

I've just been burned by this guy too many times o trust in his ability to deliver.

I thought it was okay at first, pretty damn good once it got over the halfway point. Definitely sticking with it.

I wasn't wowed by the last one but I read that things start to get very interesting in episode 3. I like the cast and storylines they are building but it is pretty glacial at this point. I feel like I'm supposed to care more about Imaginary Dog Executioner but it feels forced. More interested in the lady who lost everyone and the preacher. Hopefully it's worth investing the time up front.

I wasn't wowed by the last one but I read that things start to get very interesting in episode 3. I like the cast and storylines they are building but it is pretty glacial at this point. I feel like I'm supposed to care more about Imaginary Dog Executioner but it feels forced. More interested in the lady who lost everyone and the preacher. Hopefully it's worth investing the time up front.

The third episode focusing on Chris Eccelston's minister character Matt was extraordinary. I just got done watching it and I was on the edge of my seat the whole hour. That was simply a great, great hour of television. Eccelston's performance was a tour de force and it shows why this guy is a ****ing stand out.

agreed.. GREAT episode.. great acting ... but all very depressing !!!! But I keep watching it.. :)

The third episode focusing on Chris Eccelston's minister character Matt was extraordinary. I just got done watching it and I was on the edge of my seat the whole hour. That was simply a great, great hour of television. Eccelston's performance was a tour de force and it shows why this guy is a ****ing stand out.

100% agree! What a great episode. He's a very captivating actor. I watched this one twice, my wife missed it the first time, and I enjoyed it even more knowing why the cult people were lingering around the church. The show needed a lttle kick in the ass and I'm now excited to see what happens.

Annnnnd I'm bailin' on this show.

I just don't need some weird, convoluted plot that gives us virtually NO 'ah ha' moments 4 episodes in, where we're putting 2 and 2 together. It's literally WTF every single week, and the 'Guilty Remnants' are just plain annoying.

I have a feeling that the suckers that see this one out to the end will have a non existent or lousy payoff at best. I think I'm content to waste 5 minutes reading the synopsis AFTER the show has wrapped.

Back