The League of Extraordinary Gentle...Women?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having read about this a little bit, everybody on the internet is having a bit of a reactionary stance, from what I understand this isn't supposed to be another gender swap a la Ghostbusters, it's just gonna have Mina be the lead like in the GN.

You guys know I hate SJW pandering, "progressivism", gender/race swaps and all that retardation, but I can't really see anything wrong here, seems like most people just got triggered by the buzzwords of the day :lol

Btw I do hate when Fury Road is referred to as an example of le feminism, ugh.

While I typically don't like it when established characters switch genders and/or races I do love that The Hunger Games has shown that female protagonists can headline $400 million blockbusters. Now we have the Divergent series and possibly Daisy Ridley's character in the new Star Wars trilogy. I hope Hollywood strikes while the iron is hot and continues to release more and more films featuring female heroes (Selene from Underworld and Babydoll from Sucker Punch don't count as they obviously represent male fantasies.)

Hopefully the standalone Wonder Woman flick kicks all kinds of ass (assuming they don't just make her another Babydoll of course.) Furiosa and the chick from Rogue Nation could also headline their own action films if given the chance.

ripley and sarah connor has been around to keep their bad assery in check. i dont mind strong women in movies but reboots and gender swaps are getting quite exhausting.

maybe reboot magic mike with all female lead and i'll shut up.lolz

(Sucker Punch don't count as they obviously represent male fantasies.)

Hopefully the standalone Wonder Woman flick kicks all kinds of ass (assuming they don't just make her another Babydoll of course.)

Gal Gadot a male fantasy? Excuse me...

bK7PzBc.gif

Furiosa is the perfect example of how to write a strong female character. She does everything that Max can do just as well if not better than he can, but the movie doesn't obnoxiously drive in that point or make a big show of it. Very understated and subtle, to the point where it doesn't even occur to you while you're watching the movie.

I don't think that it's really necessary to remake/reboot a series with gender swaps. Take Ghostbusters for example. Sure, there aren't any female Ghostbusters on the team. But does it matter, really? Probably not. It just seems like Hollywood are trying to create a new, more tolerant image for themselves, but in order to do so, for some reason, they feel the need to revamp everything that they've done beforehand.

Yeah if I were a woman I might be going full Cranston on the Ghostbusters reboot. "Ghostbusters is coming!! And it's going to send female roles BACK to the STONE AGE!!" :panic:

Well, critics are rewarding "progressive" and "diverse" movies nowadays, regardless of them being garbage, like Trainwreck.

Studios seem to be catching on.

ripley and sarah connor has been around to keep their bad assery in check.

People always seem to fall back on Sarah and Ripley as the original action heroines but as far as busting down barriers they really owe a lot to who they were fighting on screen (Arnold and the ALIENS.) But girls are lining up just to see Catniss be Catniss, and everyone wants to see what Furiosa might do next regardless of who is starring opposite her. I think we're finally in a new era and I hope it keeps up.

And whether people like to admit it or not I think Twilight went a long way toward getting girls to go "full fanboy" with regard to movies and sequels. Watching them over and over, lining up to see midnight showings, etc. I saw Breaking Dawn Parts I and II opening night with my ex-wife and the energy in the almost all female crowd (not just teenagers, lots of 30 and 40 year old women) was as electric as any Marvel or Star Wars premiere. It appears that Hollywood was really been trying to meet that demand ever since and I think it's great.

Last edited:
I have no problem as long as they hire good or younger actresses. That's why the Ghostbusters sucks so much, they could have easily gotten better talent.
(the Ghostbusters crew aren't even that talented....... To be able to say they were hired for their amazing talents...

There are so many actresses they can choose from. Get Alice from resident evil to do this

It's like why is it ok for women to want hot actors for their movies, that's completely ok... Asking for shirtless chaning Tatum is COMPLETELY alright

But if a guy wants a hot girl for a movie he is a disgusting sexist monster.........

women, middle age women licking the screen while watching twilight is just completely accepted without being attacked for it lol

I don't care if they make James bond or Spiderman women just as long as salma hyek gets cast as bond

Equality................... of hotness right

Last edited:
I saw all twilight movies because of the chicks.
I saw them on tv at home for free.
I specially saw them for Ashley greene

Twilight is extremely sexist.... Takes a huge crap on women empowerment
Makes stalking ok....

Highest female audience and it is probably.one of the most sexist movies

Last edited:
I saw all twilight movies because of the chicks.
I saw them on tv at home for free.
I specially saw them for Ashley greene

Twilight is extremely sexist.... Takes a huge crap on women empowerment
Makes stalking ok....

Highest female audience and it is probably.one of the most sexist movies

Ashley Greene was pretty much the only good thing about those movies.

I'm kind of curious, how would you guys react to a bi Bond or, even, a trans Bond girl? Nothing about Bond would really be changed, so much as something just being added to make him a bit more relatable to some individuals. I just wonder if it's the idea of changing something, in general, or just the jarring nature of a change like race swapping or gender bending, that people are more averse to.

I'm kind of curious, how would you guys react to a bi Bond or, even, a trans Bond girl? Nothing about Bond would really be changed, so much as something just being added to make him a bit more relatable to some individuals. I just wonder if it's the idea of changing something, in general, or just the jarring nature of a change like race swapping or gender bending, that people are more averse to.

Salma hayek as bond

I'm in

Lesbian salma hayek for bond

She's from Mexico but that's even more progressive so win win

The loud progressives get progress
We get salma
Everyone wins

Back