The Last of Us - PS3 & PS4 (Remastered)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 'The Last of Us' - new IP from Naughty Dog

Man, I got emotionally invested in this game pretty quick. Felt very much like I was right there with them. Wow, really looking forward to this one......

Yeah, if people are still holding out on buying a PS3, you can then play the Uncharted trilogy, this game - which looks awesome, and the God of War series (all now available for PS3)

Holy f bombs!

Loving everything about this game.

Yet again pointless brutality. Nice.

Here's a very high quality, High bitrate 720p mp4 download of the E3 gameplay segment:
part1: https://www.mediafire.com/download.php?6ufarffy6ivrx68
part2: https://www.mediafire.com/download.php?k86171hjq141qg9

untitled-3plzn0.gif

Visually It looks brillaint, storywise it looks brillaint and it does look really brutal but i can't help but feel disapponted.

The core thing. Gameplay. Comes off as just uncharted slowed down a bit. Shoot, move to cover, shoot, move to cover, grab and melee/kill, throw a projectile and so on and on even the throwing mechanic is the exact same :(

I was hoping for innovation in realistic 'survival' gameplay and where the character would avoid reckless firefight after firefight, i mean he's protecting this girl right? Why take her through a building with maniac killers, after encountering the first set of blokes he should've backtracked the way they came in and found another route rather than risking her life, that would make more sense to the story and realism of the game :dunno

Visually It looks brillaint, storywise it looks brillaint and it does look really brutal but i can't help but feel disapponted.

The core thing. Gameplay. Comes off as just uncharted slowed down a bit. Shoot, move to cover, shoot, move to cover, grab and melee/kill, throw a projectile and so on and on even the throwing mechanic is the exact same :(

I was hoping for innovation in 'survival' gameplay where the character would avoid reckless firefight after firefight conventions :dunno

There are obvious elements borrowed from Uncharted, but they appear to have tweaked at least the health system to be more survival oriented (no regenerating health). And who knows what the ammo situation is like, notice how he was forgoing using ammunition whenever possible, however that could have been to showcase the brutal melee. I can see them borrowing all the best parts of Uncharted yet adding just enough fresh gameplay mechanics to make it a unique game in its own right.

So excited for this!

I'm sure there's more to it than that. I could think of at least 3 other ways they could've played through that demo. It still looks amazing. That last part is just so striking. "Please, don't," the gunshot, and a quick cut to that "The Last of Us" slide. Dear God...:eek:

Finally saw the demo from the Sony conference... WOW!

I love the part where he's out of ammo then the girl distracts the goon with a brick to the face:D Really impressive AI.

Last I checked the release date is was 12/31/12, how far into 2013 has it been pushed? :(

I added a link about the release date in the post above, they don't give any specifics, just "not 2012". The game was always set for "late 2012 - Early 2013", so I'm guessing it won't be long after December.

Didn't expect this to be out this year at all - that's fine with me - gives em time to make it super phenomenal

I added a link about the release date in the post above, they don't give any specifics, just "not 2012". The game was always set for "late 2012 - Early 2013", so I'm guessing it won't be long after December.

Here's hoping...that gameplay footage just made this wait infinitely more painful. :thud:

Last I checked the release date is was 12/31/12, how far into 2013 has it been pushed? :(

if you saw that on Amazon I've noticed they tend to put 12-31 dates when they don't know.

Back