Media The Last of Us Part II

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Last of Us Part II (Confirmed, trailer posted)

#dicksoutforharambe

This thread is 4chan. All that's left is for someone to come in with a Pepe the Frog avatar now..
That will happen :thud: more likely then you think at this rate

I can't possibly read through all of these posts and retain my sanity, so can someone pls explain what this "agenda" is that everyone keeps referring to?

The less you know, the better.

My only problem with your argument is you’re trying to say we’re sexist because we want well written characters..
Not at all! We should all want well-written characters always, and I fault no one for that. Rather, it's the double-standard that was preceivable in this thread that's sexist.

"Oh, the protagonist is going to be a dude this time? Well I hope he doesn't suck (as per usual) and that the writers aren't trying to shove some male social agenda down our throats!", said no gamer, ever.

I prefer more well written honest characters in games.
That's great, and also exactly what the "feminist agenda" (as described by Druckman himself) sets out to do!

I’ve already said multiple times that most male characters in video games suck too, but at least theres no agenda behind it.
And what I'm saying is that the "agenda" you find so off-putting is in fact the very same thing that would have the greatest chance of avoiding a poor female character. And that if we as a society were at a point where female protagonists were so commonplace in games & action films that people no longer gave it pause, then the perceived "agenda" would cease to exist. (note that this is not an argument for making 50% of characters female just for the sake of it).

Well-written, honest female characters do not just occur by happenstance; it takes a conscious effort - & a recognition of the tropes and challenges - to change the status quo. I think the only thing that we disagree on is that, for you and others, once that conscious effort is given the label, "feminist agenda", it automatically becomes a negative, undesirable & dirty thing.

Not at all! We should all want well-written characters always, and I fault no one for that. Rather, it's the double-standard that was preceivable in this thread that's sexist.

"Oh, the protagonist is going to be a dude this time? Well I hope he doesn't suck (as per usual) and that the writers aren't trying to shove some male social agenda down our throats!", said no gamer, ever.

That's great, and also exactly what the "feminist agenda" (as described by Druckman himself) sets out to do!

And what I'm saying is that the "agenda" you find so off-putting is in fact the very same thing that would have the greatest chance of avoiding a poor female character. And that if we as a society were at a point where female protagonists were so commonplace in games & action films that people no longer gave it pause, then the perceived "agenda" would cease to exist. (note that this is not an argument for making 50% of characters female just for the sake of it).

Well-written, honest female characters do not just occur by happenstance; it takes a conscious effort - & a recognition of the tropes and challenges - to change the status quo. I think the only thing that we disagree on is that, for you and others, once that conscious effort is given the label, "feminist agenda", it automatically becomes a negative, undesirable & dirty thing.

Literally the greatest post I've ever seen written on this forum. Naturally you'll just be labelled a SJW and receive nothing thoughtful in response, but I sure appreciated it.

To be honest all well written posts are never recognized by this forum anymore. Doesn't matter who you are, the standards here went down the toilet the moment I saw a member abuse their 'I'm a veteran card' in all fights while accusing people of having mental conditions for either disagreeing with them or not seeing their points, and tried to control the way everyone managed their collections - from not using detolfs to focus more money on the cases instead of other things like life.

Literally anyone can make a great post, and it doesn't matter who you are. The standards here suck.

tumblr_o5krszBnh31ucc7xho1_400.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once again, you’re making stuff to make an argument out of. You do realize I’ve been Uncharted 4’s biggest critic on this site right? Guess what? That game stars a male protagonist and I was still worried about Druckman’s agenda hurting the overall quality of the game, and it did in my opinion. I’m not worried about an agenda with this game because it stars a female protagonist, I’m worried because its being written by a feminist, which happened to be male. That agenda can also make male characters lame, I witnessed it with Uncharted 4.

If TLOU2 had no connection with Neil Druckman, my fear wouldn’t exist, thats the point you’re failing to see. I’m worried about the writer, not the female character.

I recently played the new Tomb Raider, and I was not worried about some agenda going into that game, I think the new Lara is pretty lame, especially compared to the original version since she pretty much lacks a personality, but thats a game I bought, played, and currently enjoying starring a female protagonist.

This whole agenda isn’t the best chance at challenging the status quo, its actually creating a new lame status quo we’re currently living in thats breeding subpar male and female characters. A great character should work perfectly within the context of their world, a lot of time these Mary Sue characters tend to break those rules, or take away any sort of tension from a game/movie because we already know these characters aren’t really at risk. Did I like Ellie’s character in TLOU? Nope, but she was a well written character for most of the game in my opinion, and I hope Druckman doesn’t take short cuts, or neuters other characters in order to empower her in this game, since I’ve seen him do that with his last game.

Boy I wonder what type of monsters we will fight in this game .

I was thinking, it would be something if the Cordyceps mutated over the years. Personally, I'd like to see some different types of infected :lol.

Yeah, the double standard coming from you.

Because meninism is a trend right now :lol

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

That IS exactly what it is, and there is no perceived agenda, there's a factual agenda you're trying your hardest to avoid talking about.

Once again, until you learn it, people are not against the PRESENCE of women in games, the cucks you claim are "making a conscious decision to change whatever", are in fact saying "I want to write mary sues, to pander to feminists, and ruin the little artistic integrity games have"

Going from one extreme to the spectrum to the other is not making a conscious effort to fix anything, quite the opposite, it's falling in another set of tropes that people are already tired of, but you're so shortsighted that you think disliking straight up bad characters, that are written with his agenda in mind, means hating of female characters altogether.

People don't give the label "feminist agenda" to all visionary creators that subvert the status quo, they give it to the people who are tried and tested to support and ACTUAL feminist agenda.

Literally the greatest post I've ever seen written on this forum. Naturally you'll just be labelled a SJW and receive nothing thoughtful in response, but I sure appreciated it.
Shocking :lol:lol:lol

Once again, you’re making stuff to make an argument out of. You do realize I’ve been Uncharted 4’s biggest critic on this site right? Guess what? That game stars a male protagonist and I was still worried about Druckman’s agenda hurting the overall quality of the game, and it did in my opinion. I’m not worried about an agenda with this game because it stars a female protagonist, I’m worried because its being written by a feminist, which happened to be male. That agenda can also make male characters lame, I witnessed it with Uncharted 4.

If TLOU2 had no connection with Neil Druckman, my fear wouldn’t exist, thats the point you’re failing to see. I’m worried about the writer, not the female character.

I recently played the new Tomb Raider, and I was not worried about some agenda going into that game, I think the new Lara is pretty lame, especially compared to the original version since she pretty much lacks a personality, but thats a game I bought, played, and currently enjoying starring a female protagonist.

This whole agenda isn’t the best chance at challenging the status quo, its actually creating a new lame status quo we’re currently living in thats breeding subpar male and female characters. A great character should work perfectly within the context of their world, a lot of time these Mary Sue characters tend to break those rules, or take away any sort of tension from a game/movie because we already know these characters aren’t really at risk. Did I like Ellie’s character in TLOU? Nope, but she was a well written character for most of the game in my opinion, and I hope Druckman doesn’t take short cuts, or neuters other characters in order to empower her in this game, since I’ve seen him do that with his last game.
It's like talking to a wall isn't it? :lol

It's funny he hasn't asked us what our favorite female characters are, because if we have ANY, it would bring his whole monologue crashing down...

Absolutely. I never knew SSF was full of members from NO MA'AM.

I need one of those t-shirts.

Last edited:

I was thinking, it would be something if the Cordyceps mutated over the years. Personally, I'd like to see some different types of infected :lol.
Well we're probably gonna see more bloaters and clickers...but what about other forms? Super bloaters? :lol maybe some of cordyceps that works in small outdoor areas...or maybe a new virus type entirely?
rumor is there's a new strain or sub strain of the virus. if so that means ellie might not be immune anymore.
In theory, I could see her immunity diluting over the years as well. This would add an interesting layer to the game since it gives Ellie a whole new meaning of vulnerability, and Joel more tension.

Some of the guys in here really need girlfriends, or any kind of mutual contact with the opposite sex ASAP. The sexual frustration is intense.

If her immunity is genetic I don't see why it'd change at all, I wouldn't want that to happen personally, if anything, it think she would grow angry and bitter cause people around her would die and she wouldn't.

Sort of like a vampire dilemma.

But then again, they did that in the first game.

Some of the guys in here really need girlfriends, or any kind of mutual contact with the opposite sex ASAP. The sexual frustration is intense.
Wow. This.

Are you and Pliss, feminists or something?

Well we're probably gonna see more bloaters and clickers...but what about other forms? Super bloaters? :lol maybe some of cordyceps that works in small outdoor areas...or maybe a new virus type entirely?In theory, I could see her immunity diluting over the years as well. This would add an interesting layer to the game since it gives Ellie a whole new meaning of vulnerability, and Joel more tension.

It's a pretty interesting possibility if Ellie's immunity, is in fact, dying down. If that's the case, her original infection in the first game might start progressing through her body.

Back