The Last Exorcism

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't seen this movie yet, but I thought the promotion on Chatroulette that Lionsgate did was pretty funny. :rotfl:rotfl

WARNING: Has strong language. :)

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/CNSaurw6E_Q?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/CNSaurw6E_Q?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Well...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Common guys you have to agree that "Hostel" was at least a bit entertaining. hehehe

:slap

Haven't seen this movie yet, but I thought the promotion on Chatroulette that Lionsgate did was pretty funny. :rotfl:rotfl

WARNING: Has strong language. :)

That's pretty funny!!! :lol:lol:lol
Too bad
Spoiler Spoiler:

Saw this movie with the wife on Friday and what a waste of money. As has been stated the ending was a WTF moment. It's really slow at the beginning. I can deal with slow since they were trying to set up some background on the main character. What I found to be a letdown was that any time it seemed to be building to something it just laid flat. The wife who didn't want to go because she thought the trailers were scary laughed as were walking out. I'll say this since it really isn't a spoiler if you saw the trailers you've seen the scariest parts and they don't get more intense then what's been revealed.

This movie was shat.

Blair Witch + The Exorcist= Fat pile of shat.
I'm usually pretty easy on crap movies, but I feel it's my civic duty to warn people to stay away from this movie.:cuckoo: It's not even worth a rental. Sadly, it was #1 for the weekend. Word-of-mouth will kill that quick.

What the heck? Some say its great, some hate it.......what's the truth, damn it?!!! All set to see this one...now, not sure!
I was so set to see this too. If you really have to see it rent it, so you don't feel bad after.:)

True....! LOL....I'm gonna 'risk' it. Funny, I was torn between this and Avatar SE......seeing something new won out

after you see it post what you thought. I'm curious to hear some thoughts because I can't remember the last time I saw a movie and walked out thinking I wasted 1 hour and 40 minutes. Most movies I'll find some redeeming values in them.

after you see it post what you thought. I'm curious to hear some thoughts because I can't remember the last time I saw a movie and walked out thinking I wasted 1 hour and 40 minutes. Most movies I'll find some redeeming values in them.

i felt the exact same way after watching it. as soon as it was over i checked the time to see how long i could have taken a nap for. but i guess the only redeeming quality i could give is the girl's creppy performance if that

I was looking forward to seeing this, but I'm confused as to the split reactions among critics and the general movie-going audience. My friends told me this movie stinks and it looks like that opinion is shared here on SSF, but critics seem to really like this movie.

I was looking forward to seeing this, but I'm confused as to the split reactions among critics and the general movie-going audience. My friends told me this movie stinks and it looks like that opinion is shared here on SSF, but critics seem to really like this movie.

It's because Critics tend to judge an entire movie whereas fans judge a movie by it's ending (for the most part). If a movie has a sucky ending most people will think it sucks. Even if everything up to that point was great. Just like videogames: weak ending = weak game. Critics will point out a sucky ending (like they've done for this movie) but they don't only focus on that and rate the movie based JUST on the ending.

It's because Critics tend to judge an entire movie whereas fans judge a movie by it's ending (for the most part). If a movie has a sucky ending most people will think it sucks. Even if everything up to that point was great. Just like videogames: weak ending = weak game. Critics will point out a sucky ending (like they've done for this movie) but they don't only focus on that and rate the movie based JUST on the ending.

In this case I think I'll probably side with the critics and go see the movie. Usually I can give a film a passing grade if it's other elements can outweigh a glaring flaw.

Are you going to see this, Devil?

Hell no. Maybe when it comes on TV, but IMO no movie will ever top the 1973 "The Exorcist". Doesn't how much fancy effects, tricks, etc. people use nowadays. It just won't compare and it just won't be as scary.

Plus I read about the ending and just reading it made me smh. :lol

For me, the whole movie was a letdown. The ending just cemented the whole aweful experience.

Back