Premium Format The Joker ‘The Dark Knight’ - 1/4 Premium Format Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Dark Knight Joker

That prototype was far from sucking. It looked incredible when it was originally shown at the Con.

Yeah but the suit was on a polystone body. The actual product sucked because they put the suit on a rubber/PVC body, and thus, the muscles couldn't shrine through because the PVC body was soft and lost a lot of detail through casting and as a result just looked like a Rubber doll wearing clothes. Whereas the clothes on the proto were so tight that it looked like they had been sculpted on. This is the case with many PFs and why a lot of statue collectors like them because they look less like dolls and more like a real human being wearing clothes (from the neck down).

Last edited:

True, but we were talking about having the piece up for PO around the time the movie was released and how that affected orders. My point is, people saw the prototype and everyone pretty much agreed it looked great, yet it was never sold out or waitlisted so obviously there was another influence why people didn't rush to order it. My guess is the mixed reviews for the movie. So having pieces out for PO around the time the movie is put out does not necessarily mean that the initial hype of the film can carry orders, especially if people aren't too fond of the movie itself.

The Joker and Batman from the Dark Knight can be made 10, 15, 20 years from now and people will still be thrilled and excited for them because the movie is generally widely loved and acclaimed. These characters stand the test of time.

That happens a lot. Amazing proto and subpar production piece.

Sad, but so true.

True, but we were talking about having the piece up for PO around the time the movie was released and how that affected orders. My point is, people saw the prototype and everyone pretty much agreed it looked great, yet it was never sold out or waitlisted so obviously there was another influence why people didn't rush to order it. My guess is the mixed reviews for the movie. So having pieces out for PO around the time the movie is put out does not necessarily mean that the initial hype of the film can carry orders, especially if people aren't too fond of the movie itself.

The Joker and Batman from the Dark Knight can be made 10, 15, 20 years from now and people will still be thrilled and excited for them because the movie is generally widely loved and acclaimed. These characters stand the test of time.

True. But after the first success of Batman, SS could have just worked on it and it will sell like crazy. Look at how HT do it. They launch their prod right same time as movie release.

Another tell tale sign on why the Man of Steel PF didn't sell well, one just needs to look at the Hot Toys version and it's sales. Equally as putrid. They can't give those things away.

And back to the Joker here, as I said before and as Josh just pointed out again, they didn't have the license.

Agreed. I feel the Nolan Dark knight line is past its prime in want. This release is a bit late imo. He should be available for a while. I doubt it will sell out fast.

The chance to get one the best movie villains of all time in ledgers joker is something I cannot pass up. I decided against the arkham joker when I saw this piece was released. So when it comes to ledgers joker, he must be part of my collection. I don't think it's passed its best, especially TDK joker is one character in terms of the iconic status it's got I will be glad to display him along with my sauron, witch king, saruman T-800 and many more pieces by the time I have this piece

This year wasn't amazing compared to last year. I knew they wouldn't top it and posted as such a few days before.

The chance to get one the best movie villains of all time in ledgers joker is something I cannot pass up.

I totally agree, this one is an impossible pass for me. Wondering what the ES will be like.

This year wasn't amazing compared to last year. I knew they wouldn't top it and posted as such a few days before.

While I agree it's not as amazing as last year, this Joker, both Spiderman variants, Jason Vorhees and the Red Son Batman will be mine when the time comes. I felt like they did deliver just not as surprised about the pieces...kind already knew a lot of them were in the works from last years previews / sneakspeaks. Last year a lot of pieces caught me off guard in a good way.

I totally agree, this one is an impossible pass for me. Wondering what the ES will be like.

While I agree it's not as amazing as last year, this Joker, both Spiderman variants, Jason Vorhees and the Red Son Batman will be mine when the time comes. I felt like they did deliver just not as surprised about the pieces...kind already knew a lot of them were in the works from last years previews / sneakspeaks. Last year a lot of pieces caught me off guard in a good way.

I think the arkham joker looks stunning, But ledgers joker is something else. I never cared for nicolsons joker hate batman 89, If they released one I would say, meh. I don't collect DC/marvel statues, but a ledger joker PF is something that must be bought and displayed

Ledger Joker portrayed the dark Joker side. Definitely made the movie to be entertaining.

The chance to get one the best movie villains of all time in ledgers joker is something I cannot pass up. I decided against the arkham joker when I saw this piece was released. So when it comes to ledgers joker, he must be part of my collection. I don't think it's passed its best, especially TDK joker is one character in terms of the iconic status it's got I will be glad to display him along with my sauron, witch king, saruman T-800 and many more pieces by the time I have this piece

Same here. Wasn't even gonna get the Dark Knight Bats without this.

Same here. Wasn't even gonna get the Dark Knight Bats without this.

Yea exactly, when people say nolan's lineup is past its best, was the risk doing the LOTR PF lineup risky? and that sold out. I wonder when he will be given a release date, I am hoping 2017 since cannot fit him in for 2016

Right, I'll make this clear.

Just because someone has the opinion that Nolan stuff is past its prime doesn't warrant comments about people's attention span being like that of a three year old. I'm getting quite filled up with these negative postings. It's fine that you don't disagree. But if you cannot deal with people's opinions without having to go all negative etc. - then it's you who are being a three year old.

I really don't see why there's this particular need to be so absolutely defensive towards that statement about this being past its prime.

Right, I'll make this clear.

Just because someone has the opinion that Nolan stuff is past its prime doesn't warrant comments about people's attention span being like that of a three year old. I'm getting quite filled up with these negative postings. It's fine that you don't disagree. But if you cannot deal with people's opinions without having to go all negative etc. - then it's you who are being a three year old.

I really don't see why there's this particular need to be so absolutely defensive towards that statement about this being past its prime.

Have you read this forum? Damn near every movie, statue, figure etc is constantly bashed and we're all told how much everything sucks and shouldn't be made. The negativity is unbearable at times and annoying to say the least so yeah, when you're excited about a statue and it's once again met with eye rolling and being called "past it's prime" when statues are being made on FAR older subject matter then you can expect some negativity in return.

Have you read this forum? Damn near every movie, statue, figure etc is constantly bashed and we're all told how much everything sucks and shouldn't be made. The negativity is unbearable at times and annoying to say the least so yeah, when you're excited about a statue and it's once again met with eye rolling and being called "past it's prime" when statues are being made on FAR older subject matter then you can expect some negativity in return.

Keaton Bats sold well and I am sure West would also if they ever did him. Sure, they would have sold a handful more right after/during the movies to the more casual/trendy fan, but I don't think it would have made that much difference(other than us getting them cheaper:lol). 20 years from now there will still be Nolan stuff and if they do it right it will sell.

Keaton Bats sold well and I am sure West would also if they ever did him. Sure, they would have sold a handful more right after/during the movies to the more casual/trendy fan, but I don't think it would have made that much difference(other than us getting them cheaper:lol). 20 years from now there will still be Nolan stuff and if they do it right it will sell.

I agree fully. The Crow is 21 years old and if they ever do a PF of Lee as The Crow I'll be doing back flips instead of being concerned that it's old subject matter. As I said in a post that was deleted.....it's popularity that matters. Not the age of the subject matter.

Group hugs and chill out people hahahaha

The Dark Knight is already a classic, as is Ledger's timeless performance. Stuff will keep being made an people will keep buying it.

Back