The Indy Premium Format Figure Countdown/Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone tried the sealer that SS recommended on the jacket cuff yet? I'm tempted to just take a stab at repainting the jacket in hopes that the paint will act a sealing agent.

here is the main part of the e-mail. The link doesn't really help at all since it doesn't go to a specific product.

thank you for your patience while i have investigated your inquiry.

I wanted to follow up with you regarding your indiana jones pf figure. Unfortunately, we no longer have replacements available for this item. As such, i wanted to provide a couple of suggestions from our production team. We recommend using a clear sealant to seal the jacket and prevent further deterioration. I suggest wearing plastic gloves and applying the sealant using your finger or a small paint brush. for more information on our recommended sealant, please follow the link below:

https://www.supergluecorp.com/products.html .

as a courtesy, we would also like to offer you a $20.00 discount on a future order. Please confirm if you would like to take advantage of this discount and which order you would like to apply the discount to before august 6th, 2011

as always, please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

.... .

I think we all, at least I did, assumed that it was the "pro seal" product on the page. Considering that is the only product featured that is in fact a sealer.

I haven't opened my Indiy in about a year. His still sealed, when i do open him will i find his jacket in this conditions you guys are talking about ... got me worried here :google

I'm angry all over again reading that Sideshow message.

"That's a lot of effort for us to fix and we have other things planned. Here's $20 to make up for a $275 product falling apart"

I'm angry all over again reading that Sideshow message.

"That's a lot of effort for us to fix and we have other things planned. Here's $20 to make up for a $275 product falling apart"

Yeah, I spent a week going back and forth with SSC. It was apparent they view these as NOT high end collectibles when they fail, but when they are selling them, they are high end to justify the price.

i recently bought a modded kotcs indy from faststreetsofhongkong, so im using the jacket off that (from soverign studios) as a replacement for my indy now. As i had to hack away at his arms i thought i may as well sort out the paint issue too thats been niggling me, (and made worse by the superior tod indy).
So now i have a an indy that im finally happy with. it took this issue with the jacket for me to think that i had nothing to lose and be brave enough to paint him up and im really happy with him now with his correct skin colour and jacket that isnt too short!

i recently bought a modded kotcs indy from faststreetsofhongkong, so im using the jacket off that (from soverign studios) as a replacement for my indy now. As i had to hack away at his arms i thought i may as well sort out the paint issue too thats been niggling me, (and made worse by the superior tod indy).
So now i have a an indy that im finally happy with. it took this issue with the jacket for me to think that i had nothing to lose and be brave enough to paint him up and im really happy with him now with his correct skin colour and jacket that isnt too short!

Post some photos Brother!

dont worry i will do, i tried last night but it was too dark by the time i finished work

pics as promised. Im really chuffed with how well this has turned out,
The head and arms have been repainted to match the skin tone of my tod indy pf, the jacket is a soveriegn studios jacket, the hat has been repainted, and the whip is from the tod pf which now has an uncoiled whip in his hand.
short round next please sideshow!

Picture021-1.jpg

Picture027-1.jpg

Picture013-3.jpg

Picture016.jpg

and one with flash.

Picture023-2.jpg

That looks amazing Chalky :thud: I really wish I could get my hands on one of those sovereign jackets. Despite the cuff issue, I love my Raiders PF. I just have to looks at it with "soft" eyes though...if I start to analyze him I start to get angry :lol

That looks amazing Chalky :thud: I really wish I could get my hands on one of those sovereign jackets. Despite the cuff issue, I love my Raiders PF. I just have to looks at it with "soft" eyes though...if I start to analyze him I start to get angry :lol

thanks Jaws and Marfmaster, i used to look at it through the same soft eyes. But after i got the tod pf, which put it to shame, all the little niggles with the skin colour, short greenish jacket and the cuffs finally got to me. admittedly if i didnt have a spare jacket from faststreets kotcs figure i bought, i probably would have left it. (that figure is now representing the warehouse scene from kotcs, the best part in my opinion)

But im sure theres demand for anyone interested in making 1/4 jackets!

Back