Premium Format The Incredible Hulk The Avengers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well be careful what you wish for guys.

Sideshow slowly but surely starting to make more of their products to have an open ES.

First they start with LSF line, and moving to less expensive line like War Machine Life Size Bust and now Galactus Maquette. Next thing you know they start doing an open ES for a PF.

Who knows maybe one day they will put ALL their products as open edition. If that happens I'll probably be the first one to stop buying their products, it's just not worth it FOR ME. But it maybe totally fine for others, which is fine by me, you do whatever you want to do with your money.

I was talking about ordinary or common in a statue collecting world not world in general.

If every statue collector can buy this ANYTIME they like, it is an ORDINARY COMMON statue. Most people who collect "high end" collectible statue I believe can afford $800 statue.

Doom PF, Hulk PF, Spiderman Comiquette, Optimus Prime Maquette, Predator Maquette are not a common and ordinary statue because you can not buy them anytime you like. Even if someone has $800 he/she may not able to get them, which makes them a TRUE collectible items.

Huge difference.

I am not telling everyone here not to buy it, you should buy what you think it's best for you.

Like I said I will get this Hulk Maquette even with open ES and I may also get Galactus, but I am just saying Sideshow kills what could have been easily be future grails.

if all sideshow pieces are open es and we can still goto their website and order any statue we want, the company would be in bankruptcy by now.

Sideshow slowly but surely starting to make more of their products to have an open ES.

First they start with LSF line, and moving to less expensive line like War Machine Life Size Bust and now Galactus Maquette. Next thing you know they start doing an open ES for a PF.

Who knows maybe one day they will put ALL their products as open edition. If that happens I'll probably be the first one to stop buying their products, it's just not worth it FOR ME. But it maybe totally fine for others, which is fine by me, you do whatever you want to do with your money.

me too, if there is no exclusivity then there is no collectible. I might as well be collecting snapple bottles then...

With regards to the difference between this and the original piece show won't it be the same thing with a couple of months of Sideshow/Legacy playing around with it?
Galactus has an open ES? SS website says limited edition?

Limited to 5.000...:slap

It makes sense for Sideshow to do this. This is a business to them and they are in it to make money. Why would they limit an ES (and more profits)? Just so we can have a collectible that becomes more valuable in the secondary market? I hate to break it to anyone, but Sideshow doesn't care what price point one of their products will reach in the future. All they care about is how much they can charge for a piece here and now and how many they can sell. Basic business.

At some point the ES will be closed, so it is not open indefinitely, just until pre-orders drop off to a certain point.

Sorry guys didn't see if this had been asked or answered but is there a timeframe on when this will be up? Also will there be other new releases put up this week ? Thanks

Sorry guys didn't see if this had been asked or answered but is there a timeframe on when this will be up? Also will there be other new releases put up this week ? Thanks

SS only confirmed that it would not go up until after SDCC. Whether that's a day after, a week after, or months after nobody knows.

Have you guys seen his son in the Skaar thread.... ????

In hands pics back there...

goodguygregmazz+rolls+24+you+win+the+internet+_7ea93a8ef15f2fa3bcc1ee5147b0ebb2.jpg

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84948&page=80

Did they hint at a price? IMO, this is the best hulk since Andy's work.

It makes sense for Sideshow to do this. This is a business to them and they are in it to make money. Why would they limit an ES (and more profits)? Just so we can have a collectible that becomes more valuable in the secondary market? I hate to break it to anyone, but Sideshow doesn't care what price point one of their products will reach in the future. All they care about is how much they can charge for a piece here and now and how many they can sell. Basic business.

I wholeheartedly agree...Sideshow is about maximizing their own profitability through direct sales chains. Sales on the secondary market are great for e-bay, PayPal, and collectors...but to remain viable in today's economy means enhancing the bottom line through direct sales.

I wholeheartedly agree...Sideshow is about maximizing their own profitability through direct sales chains. Sales on the secondary market are great for e-bay, PayPal, and collectors...but to remain viable in today's economy means enhancing the bottom line through direct sales.

I haven't studied business so I'm just curious...

In your opinion, would it be in Sideshow's best interest to assign every statue they make an open edition size?

Are there tangible benefits for Sideshow, when several of their pieces appreciate substantially, that are more valuable than direct sales?

I haven't studied business so I'm just curious...

In your opinion, would it be in Sideshow's best interest to assign every statue they make an open edition size?

Are there tangible benefits for Sideshow, when several of their pieces appreciate substantially, that are more valuable than direct sales?

It would actually be bad for business if they start to make more of their statues with no edition because there would be no reason to buy from them directly and it would be great to actually wait to get them cheaper somewhere else. Nobody wants to buy an official expensive licensed product to see it depreciate in value. One question to everybody here: If you bought this Hulk statue for $800 and in 5 years the maximum amount you can sell it for is $50-100 on the aftermarket due to there being thousands available on ebay would you still buy it? Money problems can arise at any time or space can become an issue, who wouldn't want to buy this statue right now and be able to sell it for
$3,000 in 5 years and actually make money instead of losing money? These are licensed products that should grow in value, just like Comic books and we all know how valuable some of the old ones are.

So in the end Sideshow has to be careful about what they do with their business because they can be down and out with ease if they get a competitor that really cares about the hobby instead of maximizing profit to satisfy their pockets.

I am going to copy what I wrote and keep it for later discussion >_>

At some point the ES will be closed, so it is not open indefinitely, just until pre-orders drop off to a certain point.

Yes but,
there is a "BUT",
most of collectors like to collect things that in the future becomes MORE valuable, so if they start to make ES to make more money,
this action will backfire themselves because people will stop to buy their products and switch to something else.:lecture

Yes but,
there is a "BUT",
most of collectors like to collect things that in the future becomes MORE valuable, so if they start to make ES to make more money,
this action will backfire themselves because people will stop to buy their products and switch to something else.:lecture

You wrote the only thing needed to combat the pro-open edition size people and the only thing that needs to be said.

Back