Premium Format The Incredible Hulk The Avengers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plus Cheetahs live on the plains not in the jungle :monkey1 - I like your enthusiasm though jokes are good.
What's brown and sticky in the jungle?.............:dunno

Dutch!

predator06.jpg

Yes but,
there is a "BUT",
most of collectors like to collect things that in the future becomes MORE valuable, so if they start to make ES to make more money,
this action will backfire themselves because people will stop to buy their products and switch to something else.:lecture

What is the definition for "most" collectors...

Are you talking about the majority of collectors in general or you are talking about the majority of collectors who frequent this board and similar collectible boards?

The majority of die hard collectors who expect their purchases to increase in value, may not be representative of the majority of the collectors as a whole. Simply speaking from my own experience, most of the people I know who purchase items from Sideshow do not spend time thinking about if their collection will increase in value. While I do know some die hard collectors, the majority of folks I know buy 2-3 pieces from Sideshow annually. I would describe these folks as "casual" Sideshow customers. Again...just an observation from my perspective and perhaps not representative of the majority of forum members.

I'm not criticizing anyone who does care about future value of the collectibles....different strokes, for different folks. However, I'm not convinced that we can state or even imply that "most" or the "majority" of collectors will leave Sideshow because an increasing number of their products are offered on an open edition basis.

This business strategy may upset many of the die hard fans who frequent this board and other collectible boards, but will it negatively impact the majority of Sideshow's customers? I would not be surprised if casual buyers comprise the bulk of Sideshow's customer base. I admittedly have no financial information to back up that assertion...just a gut feeling.

Last edited:
I agree most collectors should buy/collect statues that they want to own n not be regret it. It would be a plus if your collection increase in value so IF you sell it in the future.. you want to earn instead of losing value, thats common sense.

Are you paid by Sideshow or you get a profit on every preorder made through this website?

Because you speak like a SSC agent and not like a collector....... nothing against it.... just to know.:impatient:

Are you blaming collector for asking their "collectibles" to be LIMITED as SCC want their customers to believe through their website?

no ink's just grumpy all the time. our resident stanley...

stanley2.jpg

Last edited:
Yes but,
there is a "BUT",
most of collectors like to collect things that in the future becomes MORE valuable, so if they start to make ES to make more money,
this action will backfire themselves because people will stop to buy their products and switch to something else.:lecture

Because some of us love sideshow so much and worry about the direction that they are taking. If Bowen or HT doing this I could care less.

But isn't that precisely the point?
Even if SSC goes Open ES and the die hard ES fans want to stop buying their products.... what are you going to get instead? DC Direct:cuckoo:? Bowen?

But isn't that precisely the point?
Even if SSC goes Open ES and the die hard ES fans want to stop buying their products.... what are you going to get instead? DC D:? Bowen?

Stop collecting statues, I wouldn't be the one going out of business so I wouldn't care.

Can someone just bring a damn tape measure and measure this guy now!!!! Lol pls:wave

Yeah, has anybody actually measured this thing? Looks kinda small beside Thor PF. And looks a lot smaller than Ruffalo vid. Unless Ruffalo is only 5'2"?:dunno:slap

Are you talking about the majority of collectors in general or you are talking about the majority of collectors who frequent this board and similar collectible boards?

The majority of die hard collectors who expect their purchases to increase in value, may not be representative of the majority of the collectors as a whole. Simply speaking from my own experience, most of the people I know who purchase items from Sideshow do not spend time thinking about if their collection will increase in value. While I do know some die hard collectors, the majority of folks I know buy 2-3 pieces from Sideshow annually. I would describe these folks as "casual" Sideshow customers. Again...just an observation from my perspective and perhaps not representative of the majority of forum members.

I'm not criticizing anyone who does care about future value of the collectibles....different strokes, for different folks. However, I'm not convinced that we can state or even imply that "most" or the "majority" of collectors will leave Sideshow because an increasing number of their products are offered on an open edition basis.

This business strategy may upset many of the die hard fans who frequent this board and other collectible boards, but will it negatively impact the majority of Sideshow's customers? I would not be surprised if casual buyers comprise the bulk of Sideshow's customer base. I admittedly have no financial information to back up that assertion...just a gut feeling.

:goodpost:

I basically agree. But I can understand how open editions would upset many. I am not a die hard collector but I would like to know that if I buy something at a high price that I could at least get my money back or close to my money back. It makes taking a chance and buying things a little easier if i know I can turn around and sell it for the same price.

But for an Item I know I want to keep then I don't care. Now that can be easier said then done. I have had items that I was sure I would never sell but have turned around and sold it becasue something better comes along. Hulk Comiquette is an example. I unloaded that because of the new maquette. (only have room for one big Hulk) It would have been frustrating if I could not have made back what I paid.

I think instead of an open ES they should just let it be for sale for only a year. Then end the number there. They can send out just a number of the statue written on the bottom then after a year they can let us know it # whatever out of 3211.

I don't know. I just want a Hulk maquette.

I basically agree. But I can understand how open editions would upset many. I am not a die hard collector but I would like to know that if I buy something at a high price that I could at least get my money back or close to my money back. It makes taking a chance and buying things a little easier if i know I can turn around and sell it for the same price.

But for an Item I know I want to keep then I don't care. Now that can be easier said then done. I have had items that I was sure I would never sell but have turned around and sold it becasue something better comes along. Hulk Comiquette is an example. I unloaded that because of the new maquette. (only have room for one big Hulk) It would have been frustrating if I could not have made back what I paid.

I think instead of an open ES they should just let it be for sale for only a year. Then end the number there. They can send out just a number of the statue written on the bottom then after a year they can let us know it # whatever out of 3211.

I don't know. I just want a Hulk maquette.

:goodpost: Plus for me it makes it easier to justify purchases to the wife when I can say "but look how much these things are going to be worth in the future, or on evilbay" I have absolutely no interest or intent in letting any of my statues go ever, but it greases the wheel a little :) I think about which ones I buy very carefully, I buy the ones I love:peace

Can't we just enjoy what sideshow is puttin out? Alot of people are too worried about their statue's worth to even enjoy it for what it is. The way this hobby started was through garage/resin kits of characters not represented in 3d form. People just wanted a type of figural statue to represent their favorite comic/movie/tv character, and so sculptors started sculpting their own statues and selling them. Then it caught on and companies started getting legitimate and licensed.
Now we are getting officially licensed statues done by some of the best sculptors in the world, of almost every single character out there, and now we are complaining that our statues won't be worth 1k or won't reach grail status. Just seems silly to worry about how much my statue will fetch on ebay or if it becomes the next Doom PF. Just buy what YOU like and you won't go wrong.

Can't we just enjoy what sideshow is puttin out? Alot of people are too worried about their statue's worth to even enjoy it for what it is. The way this hobby started was through garage/resin kits of characters not represented in 3d form. People just wanted a type of figural statue to represent their favorite comic/movie/tv character, and so sculptors started sculpting their own statues and selling them. Then it caught on and companies started getting legitimate and licensed.
Now we are getting officially licensed statues done by some of the best sculptors in the world, of almost every single character out there, and now we are complaining that our statues won't be worth 1k or won't reach grail status. Just seems silly to worry about how much my statue will fetch on ebay or if it becomes the next Doom PF. Just buy what YOU like and you won't go wrong.

Stop talking sense in this thread. :mad:

:clap:goodpost:

Back