Premium Format The Incredible Hulk The Avengers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a killer statue, so everyone just feels the need to say something about it until a reveal... unfortunately its Price Wars which is easy enough to debate but completely whack (yes, I'm at fault as well).

This thread:
"I bet this will cost (insert Price) because (insert reason)"
"I hope it doesn't because (insert reason)"
Rinse, recycle, repeat until more info available.

Yeah forsure, there's nothing wrong with that. Just saying, we still don't know much more about this piece. Including price.

No info = speculation

They either previewed this too soon or they were just not ready ontime with this piece. I think the only reason why it's being held back is politics regarding the DC license.

DC may have a lot of big time releases and numerous pieces. They need this Hulk to balance the scales with the Marvel Sideshow product.

They could market this piece any way they want and go even a little price crazy. They see this thread and know this will still sell very well.

Oh I am not so sure about that. Talk is cheap. People can say I would pay this or that but when it comes to putting the order down and having to pay the NR, which won't be cheap if it is priced high, I think you will find a lot of people jumping ship. There are to many hulks out there and to many people own a hulk for them to be willing to plop down 1000+

If they price it to high. Many will be saying "I think I will just stick with my PF or Comiquette or hell, even Bowen"

SS's pricing makes no sense to me. So i'm just going to imagine this being $1500 - $2000

The Obi Wan LSF was 2 grand..yet there are things like the Life-size Predalien bust, and life-size Mr. Black Predator bust that were both under $1300. Actually, all of the life-size A/P busts have been under that price. Seems much more complex than a 1/2 scale head and a robe...

All im saying is be ready to throw down cash if you want this, dont think theyre gonna take it easy on the price.

am going to get this oneeeeeeeeeeee and i want to buy the 1:4 Hulk PF green and Grey one... if anyone wants to sell, pm me pleaseeee :)

well then good thing i saved 1,317 of these

MAFIA2.jpg

Oh I am not so sure about that. Talk is cheap. People can say I would pay this or that but when it comes to putting the order down and having to pay the NR, which won't be cheap if it is priced high, I think you will find a lot of people jumping ship. There are to many hulks out there and to many people own a hulk for them to be willing to plop down 1000+

If they price it to high. Many will be saying "I think I will just stick with my PF or Comiquette or hell, even Bowen"

Oh, I agree people talk big, but when the NRD is asked for then a lot of people flinch. Either they find something to complain about or just get scared and go look at some Hot Toys or something.

The point does remain that SSC pricing sometimes makes no sense. Popularity of the character, Legacy effects premium, etc. A lot of things they can justify a high price tag. They know what people are willing to pay for a Hulk PF on ebay. They want a piece of that.

Sideshow knows Hulk pretty much stole the show in Avengers. Sure, it's just a sculpt of a green dude with pants...but it's the Hulk. People will buy because they love the character, they see the piece as solid investment (regardless of how many other Hulks are out there) and the hype is strong with this piece. The two things you can hope for is a good paint job with shades of green and muscle definition like the PF and a clearly set edition size.

This needs to up for PO already. Just got out of the theater after seeing Avengers for the 3rd time. Makes me want this that much more. Give it up already SSC. There's no reason to wait.

Oh, I agree people talk big, but when the NRD is asked for then a lot of people flinch. Either they find something to complain about or just get scared and go look at some Hot Toys or something.

The point does remain that SSC pricing sometimes makes no sense. Popularity of the character, Legacy effects premium, etc. A lot of things they can justify a high price tag. They know what people are willing to pay for a Hulk PF on ebay. They want a piece of that.

Sideshow knows Hulk pretty much stole the show in Avengers. Sure, it's just a sculpt of a green dude with pants...but it's the Hulk. People will buy because they love the character, they see the piece as solid investment (regardless of how many other Hulks are out there) and the hype is strong with this piece. The two things you can hope for is a good paint job with shades of green and muscle definition like the PF and a clearly set edition size.

:goodpost: SSC is trying really hard to get in on the secondary market action but making stuff open ES + overpriced isn't the answer. :rotfl

:goodpost: SSC is trying really hard to get in on the secondary market action but making stuff open ES + overpriced isn't the answer. :rotfl

Personally, they are killing the hobby for me. People Collect because their is a chance their values may go up and its an enjoyable at the same time. Raising the price is making it less enjoyable and open ES is cutting into resale potential.

Back