The Iceberg Lounge aka GeneralZodLives's Phantom Zone

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will say though, I'm not gonna watch Justice Dweebs at theaters or venture into whatever mess that is the movies section and wait on the general consensus of how the film will fare. I think someone at this Phantom Zone should watch it day one on behalf of what's decent, so any volunteers? :lol

the_running_man.jpg

I guess I'll volunteer. Been a while since I've seen an honest-to-god trainwreck in an actual theatre.

I think I see one or two movies a year in the theater now. I used to care about the "theater experience" of seeing a movie on a huge screen with great sound, but the people in the audience have ruined that for me too many times for it to be worth it anymore. Now, if I can't see an early screening I generally don't bother to see a film in a theater.

We have a volunteer! Come back alive!

the people in the audience have ruined that for me too many times for it to be worth it anymore.
Now, if I can't see an early screening I generally don't bother to see a film in a theater.
I try to go durin' weekdays at morning, preferably for undubbed screening because it's pretty much an empty hall.
Tho the halls that do these screenings usually have crap sound system...

I used to go to the late shows during the week, but our local theater only has them on the weekends now. I get why they stopped, but it was awesome having the theater to myself on a Wednesday night. :lol

It's awesome for sure. :lol

When I was a teen my mom loved to go to theater after work and I'd accompany her.
Twas cheap and we'd watch two movies in one sitting... Good times.

I used to go to the late shows during the week, but our local theater only has them on the weekends now. I get why they stopped, but it was awesome having the theater to myself on a Wednesday night. :lol

When I lived in London I'd go to midnight showings. Usually had the entire cinema to myself, best experience was probably catching the last showing in the city of Drive that way.

I'll be seeing Justice League opening weekend most likely as I am genuinely looking forward to it. I liked Man of Steel, the Ultimate Cut of BVS, and Wonder Woman despite their flaws. Suicide Squad is the worst movie I have ever seen in theatres and I can find no redeeming qualities in it; and no I am not exaggerating.

I'm expecting Justice League to be good but not great. Won't even come close to The Dark Knight Trilogy though, there's just no comparison.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

:rock I hope most of their codes last for more than 5 minutes during Spook. I want extra points, but I'm not going to constantly hit refresh for 5 days.

I will say though, I'm not gonna watch Justice Dweebs at theaters or venture into whatever mess that is the movies section and wait on the general consensus of how the film will fare. I think someone at this Phantom Zone should watch it day one on behalf of what's decent, so any volunteers? :lol

My advice – go watch it and don't be influenced by others... after all, all the critics have praised every MCU movie and since GoTG yet everyone of them as been s*** to be honest!
Don't believe what you read – make up your own mind

I'll be seeing Justice League opening weekend most likely as I am genuinely looking forward to it. I liked Man of Steel, the Ultimate Cut of BVS, and Wonder Woman despite their flaws. Suicide Squad is the worst movie I have ever seen in theatres and I can find no redeeming qualities in it; and no I am not exaggerating.

I'm expecting Justice League to be good but not great. Won't even come close to The Dark Knight Trilogy though, there's just no comparison.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

All the characters were done well – the story was a mess, but with the exception of Enchantress, every character was superbly done!

I'm starting to dislike this version of Aquaman, just like every character in the DCEU. Superman is mopey. Batman, not too bright. People say Wonder Woman was the best character and while I think Gal Gadot is fine, her character lacks the charm and authority from the comics/TV. The only character I seem to remotely like was El Diablo from Suicide Squad. :lol

Each to their own, maybe if they made comedy parodies of these characters you'd like them?

I'd settle for them just writing the characters as they're supposed to be. Superman shouldn't be a mopey and pessimistic. Aquaman shouldn't be a dude-bro. Deadshot shouldn't be Will Smith calling Waller "gangsta" or telling anyone to "white people that ****". Joker shouldn't be a Jim Carrey impersonating juggalo. Batman shouldn't be a rage machine that can't figure out he's being played by Luthor then do a complete 180° when he hears his mom's name--and don't get me started on Eisenberg's Lex Luthor.

Each to their own, maybe if they made comedy parodies of these characters you'd like them?

Wait, Murderin'-Miller-Bats, Depressed Superman, Riddler Lex Luthor, Cave Troll Doomsday, a Joke of a Joker.. you mean the DCEU characters are not parodies already? :lol

Wait, Murderin'-Miller-Bats, Depressed Superman, Riddler Lex Luthor, Cave Troll Doomsday, a Joke of a Joker.. you mean the DCEU characters are not parodies already? :lol

Don't read many comics then?

I just find comments like that ignorant to be honest, not funny –

Calling Superman mopey? I'd put him up against the MCU's Captain America anyday – the character has been moping around after Bucky since film one, and hasn't cracked a smile once... the guy's clinically depressed, but hey Superman's mopey!!!

A Joke of a Joker? People can have their opinions about the tattoos - they are devisive, but I think in the cameo he had he was the most dangerous Joker we've seen on film –*completely unpredictable, psycopathic and murderous... but clever with it!

Cave Troll Doomsday - again, you may not like the design, but the comic design of Doomsday was always terrible.

Murderin' Miller Bats... well he was ******ing awesome... maybe if he'd killed whilst cracking a Stark-esque joke it would have been ok? Or a smirk like Keaton Bats?

As for Lex – not altogether a different take as this version of Lex has appeared in comics, he cracked no riddles - so not sure where you get that from... and I think his dialogue was just to subtle and clever for most people to get!

I'd settle for them just writing the characters as they're supposed to be. Superman shouldn't be a mopey and pessimistic. Aquaman shouldn't be a dude-bro. Deadshot shouldn't be Will Smith calling Waller "gangsta" or telling anyone to "white people that ****". Joker shouldn't be a Jim Carrey impersonating juggalo. Batman shouldn't be a rage machine that can't figure out he's being played by Luthor then do a complete 180° when he hears his mom's name--and don't get me started on Eisenberg's Lex Luthor.

What should Superman be then? It annoys me to read that, because everyone seems to have Christopher Reeve's face in their head when asked this!!!
Read the comics, Supes has been very serious for many, many years... and I didn't find him "mopey" at all!
As for the "Rage-Machine" Batman... not like he's never been that in comics before is it? Batman not seeing what's right in front of him or making poor decisions... yeah never done that before has he? You never read Knightfall or Hush? And Luthor has played Batman many times in the comics... that's what Luthor does!
The Martha scene too... I can't believe people don't understand that scene! It's not rocket science... in the movie, Superman knows Batman is Bruce Wayne, but at that point Batman doesn't know Superman is Clark Kent... with that in mind, Superman knows why Bruce became Batman, and knows the power that the name "Martha" would have on Bruce instead of saying Mom!

Deadshot - an assassin for hire that never misses... yeah they got that wrong didn't they...
Joker an unpredictable, homicidal psycopath... sounds like the Joker to me!

Aquaman - maybe he shouldn't be a dude-bro, but the MCU have made Thor that and the critics are all raving about that... and that to me is far, far worse!

Back