The Iceberg Lounge aka GeneralZodLives's Phantom Zone

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Iron Giant maquette has been delayed again. :mad: I'm sure I'll get hit with 3-4 orders in December since everything seems to arrive in waves at Sideshow. I think I've gotten around 8 things delivered in the last month that were supposed to be spread out over the last several months.

Hahah me as well....

Except it's been years....

PCS AWIL 3 years ago
BW Ghostbusters 1 year ago.
And if Doc makes it on time....

I try to buy so I get stuff throughout the year....but they always seem to arrive the same months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5ed5c6a605e2bb880b732f148d8a444c.jpg

The face is definitely off. Plus, with that sculpted hair he won't have any neck articulation. I know HT loves their neutral expression sculpts, but they really should include a second head with some sort of expression. He's shouting throughout the entire JL trailer so why not add a shouty face?

So am I seeing this right??? the aquaman machoman is literally $235 with only thing it comes with is a box and spear???

I'm glad I couldn't give two turds about JL, and the figures coming from it. I'm a Superman/Batman guy first, and foremost, and even their figures don't interest me. Especially Batman. Both those suits are major downgrades from the one in BvS. Everyone else I just don't really care about with the exception of Wonder Woman, but even then I wouldn't want her figure from JL. It would have to be from her movie. Hopefully HT will release the one with the big coat they showed off at SDCC. Would be nice if they improved the sculpt as well.

5ed5c6a605e2bb880b732f148d8a444c.jpg

I'm starting to dislike this version of Aquaman, just like every character in the DCEU. Superman is mopey. Batman, not too bright. People say Wonder Woman was the best character and while I think Gal Gadot is fine, her character lacks the charm and authority from the comics/TV. The only character I seem to remotely like was El Diablo from Suicide Squad. :lol

It's difficult to get excited about anything in the DC films anymore. They can't stop making bad decisions when it comes to the characters--whether it's their design, personality, or storyline. Every bit of the DC fan in me wants to like these films, but they're not being made for the fans. What blows me away is that they're also not being made to be good movies. BvS should have blown past the billion dollar box office mark with zero problems, but WB made bad decisions and I don't think I'm exaggerating to say it cost them at least 500-600 million dollars. The film was too long so theaters couldn't get more show times scheduled each day. The film was depressing, convoluted, and made their characters unlikeable. It's not a film that's most people wanted to pay to sit through again. And finally, it's basically a long commercial that showed how WB was rushing to try to get that Avenger's money with Justice League--even though they didn't work for it like Marvel did. It's ****ing aggravating when you've waited decades for these characters to be together on the big screen, and the people in charge of the license didn't get their **** together enough to make good decisions to make good films.

It's funny, people complained about Nolan making Batman too "serious" and "grounded", but all of his films - even Rises, which was a mess - hold up better than the DCEU.

It's difficult to get excited about anything in the DC films anymore. They can't stop making bad decisions when it comes to the characters--whether it's their design, personality, or storyline. Every bit of the DC fan in me wants to like these films, but they're not being made for the fans. What blows me away is that they're also not being made to be good movies. BvS should have blown past the billion dollar box office mark with zero problems, but WB made bad decisions and I don't think I'm exaggerating to say it cost them at least 500-600 million dollars. The film was too long so theaters couldn't get more show times scheduled each day. The film was depressing, convoluted, and made their characters unlikeable. It's not a film that's most people wanted to pay to sit through again. And finally, it's basically a long commercial that showed how WB was rushing to try to get that Avenger's money with Justice League--even though they didn't work for it like Marvel did. It's ****ing aggravating when you've waited decades for these characters to be together on the big screen, and the people in charge of the license didn't get their **** together enough to make good decisions to make good films.

That's the problem right there, whenever people complain about on of these movies loud enough, WB thinks they're giving what people want in the next movie.

Superman caused destruction to Metropolis in MOS despite the movie not making any big deal about it? Oh yeah, it's totally "addressed" in BvS.

BvS being too dark, you say? Oh okay, lets make Suicide Squad hip and Justice League full of one liners!

It's gonna be a never ending cycle of consumer research coming out of the WB factory.

It's funny, people complained about Nolan making Batman too "serious" and "grounded", but all of his films - even Rises, which was a mess - hold up better than the DCEU.

And that's saying something. I thought Rises was such a poor movie, which in a way undone a lot of good things TDK did.

I will say though, I'm not gonna watch Justice Dweebs at theaters or venture into whatever mess that is the movies section and wait on the general consensus of how the film will fare. I think someone at this Phantom Zone should watch it day one on behalf of what's decent, so any volunteers? :lol

I will say though, I'm not gonna watch Justice Dweebs at theaters or venture into whatever mess that is the movies section and wait on the general consensus of how the film will fare. I think someone at this Phantom Zone should watch it day one on behalf of what's decent, so any volunteers? :lol

I'm going to try to see it for free like I have the others if I can get into a screening again. There's a sad part of my brain that keeps telling me "the next one will be good" and my dumb ass keeps falling for it.

I'll be watchin' JL when it comes out. Since Snyder left and Dweebon came I've lost a lot of interest in this movie but still wanna see it just out of curiosity... and because I really like Batfleck and Flash Nerd. Who knows, maybe it'll be as ok as "The Avengers".

Back