The Iceberg Lounge aka GeneralZodLives's Phantom Zone

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My NECA 1/4 T-800 came into town really early in the morning, and still hasn't been marked as out for delivery. Grrr.... probably not coming until tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I finally got the damn Ripley figure. I don't know if I'll get her open tonight though. What's another day or two wait since it took years to get here anyway?

I finally got the damn Ripley figure. I don't know if I'll get her open tonight though. What's another day or two wait since it took years to get here anyway?

Yeah , you should wait another year as a protest...
[emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guess Canada Post pulled through after all! Ended up getting it dropped off at the door today.
e634eaa9eac70f7ccfc1a7576fc5e9fb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

No, he doesn't. Read it again.

Read it when it came out fella - read it many times since... though not for a while, but he does kill a gang member... I suggest you read it again!

And why stop at the Dark Knight –*Batman has killed before in comics – let's be clear, i'm not saying I like it – but he has!
And for my money, the killing of Keaton's Batman was worse that anything Affleck did in BvS, which is blown out of proportion anyway!

M A D E I T F O R T H E F A N S

Screen-Shot-2016-03-27-at-1.58.35-AM-1.png

tumblr_inline_ogn0ffnswm1rc7obu_500.gif

doomsday-cave-troll.jpg

View attachment 373260

What is that supposed to be pointing out? :slap:lol:lol

Firstly - not sure what's wrong with Lex getting flustered...seriously?!?

Secondly...

MwONQxi.jpg

As for Doomsday... yep they look alike, but they do say that imitation is the greatest form of flattery...

BcaUZ8E.jpg

Finally - well done for posting a photo of Leto's Joker from a music video, rather than the movie... but seeing as how you did...

pozmdhx.jpg

Read it when it came out fella - read it many times since... though not for a while, but he does kill a gang member... I suggest you read it again!

And why stop at the Dark Knight –*Batman has killed before in comics – let's be clear, i'm not saying I like it – but he has!
And for my money, the killing of Keaton's Batman was worse that anything Affleck did in BvS, which is blown out of proportion anyway!

No, he doesn't.

Thankfully someone online already covered this so I don't have to scan my extremely battered copy of DKR.

https://legendsrevealed.com/enterta...ually-kill-anyone-in-the-dark-knight-returns/

I still don’t get how Miller Bats has any place in a shared DC universe where the main purpose was to assemble the League. You’d think they would wait a few more years to mold Batman into the jaded TDKR Bats. But then again, there’s the Death of Superman that happens in the second movie so.. :slap

I still don’t get how Miller Bats has any place in a shared DC universe where the main purpose was to assemble the League. You’d think they would wait a few more years to mold Batman into the jaded TDKR Bats. But then again, there’s the Death of Superman that happens in the second movie so.. :slap

The model should have been O'Neal/Adams-era Batman. The perfect balance of darkness and optimism, in my opinion.

The model should have been O'Neal/Adams-era Batman. The perfect balance of darkness and optimism, in my opinion.

Exactly. I grew up reading the O'Neal Batman and there's plenty of material to adapt for a fresh live action Batman. To create an entire extended universe off the Miller Bats imo, is a terrible idea.

Well, at least they didn't go with Miller's All-Star Batman & Robin Batman. :lol

Exactly. I grew up reading the O'Neal Batman and there's plenty of material to adapt for a fresh live action Batman. To create an entire extended universe off the Miller Bats imo, is a terrible idea.

Well, at least they didn't go with Miller's All-Star Batman & Robin Batman. :lol

Right. DKR is effectively the bad ending to the O'Neal/Adams run. It's no accident that he even shows up in the blue and grey outfit with the yellow oval insignia before moving on to a darker costume. It doesn't make any sense to start with that, as you're given absolutely no context for why Batman is this grouchy, miserable, greying arsehole who spends all his time lifting weights and looking depressed. That hasn't been earned like it had with Miller's comics being the culmination of years of prior content.

It's a shame, because Affleck's Batman was definitely the highlight of BvS. As usual Snyder nailed the visuals but once again neglected anything beneath the surface level. His Watchmen adaptation ticks me off for similar reasons, he might have cut up copies of the comic for storyboards but he really doesn't seem to "get" the story, characterisations, symbology or underlying message at all. There is some depth to BvS, but I suspect that's coming almost entirely from whatever was left of Chris Terrio's screenplay than anything Snyder or the studio contributed.

I'm tired of DKR being the bible for Batman now. That story has its place, but it shouldn't be the go-to story line for Batman. There are decades of better stories WB could draw on that are better IMO.

WB is rushing things with their new films. Say what you want about Marvel, but they built their universe right. Giving us individual films first to introduce the characters and this new film universe then bringing them together for the "oh, ****" spectacle of a team film took time but it was worth it. WB is just throwing **** on the screen and cramming too much into each film. The films are convoluted and horribly written and the characters are unlikeable--not just to fans but to the general audience. If WB wants to be successful, they're going to have to turn the general audience into fans that feel like they're invested and have to see these films. You're not going to do that with the current DC formula. Marvel understands this and has made a ridiculous amount of money by doing it. It's sad to see these DC characters wasted in what WB is putting out. They could have absolutely destroyed Marvel, but they don't have their **** together.

Kmiwj3.gif

giphy.gif

original.gif

giphy.gif

I genuinely think it would have been smarter if they wanted to compete with Marvel to make a big Justice League movie first (because let's face it, anyone who's been alive for more than five seconds knows the deal with Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, etc - you don't need to spend hours setting these characters up anymore) and then make solo movies as per audience reaction - i.e. if they came up with a version of Superman that people loved, make a solo film fleshing out that version of Superman. If the audience didn't connect with the film version of Aquaman, keep him around for Justice League sequels and to pop up in other character's solo films and if he then became popular with more work, give him a solo film of his own.

I have no idea who thought the madcap rush from a (mostly decent, in my opinion) Superman reboot to a Justice League movie was a good idea.

They're sort of doing that since they're doing the individual films after JL with the exception of Superman and Wonder Woman. I think giving Wonder Woman a solo film after BvS worked since she wasn't in BvS much, but she was also the highlight of the film and made me want to see more of her. I haven't seen JL yet, and I already don't give a **** about Flash, Aquaman, and Cyborg. :lol

The problem is their current approach doesn't allow any kind of course correction. "Didn't like depressed murderous rookie Superman? Have two more films of him"; "didn't like ageing miserable Batman? Two more JL movies and a solo film coming soon!"; and so on. I have a strong suspicion they're going to use the Flash movie to basically reboot everything and try again.

I think you're right. Giving the films a lighter tone and making them joke around now is too much of a 180° spin after beating it into our heads that no one is happy in that universe. I hope they reboot with the Flash film. They can keep some of the cast like Cavill and Gadot if they want.

I actually think Cavill is the best actor to play the character since Christopher Reeve. If we'd had MoS2, and we'd seen the character progress from an outsider with no purpose to finding his place in the world and the tone gradually shifting to be lighter and more optimistic, that would have been better. Instead we got BvS.

:monkey4

Back