The Iceberg Lounge aka GeneralZodLives's Phantom Zone

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, even the Toys Fairs Sarah Connor is great, definitely an underrated figure. Both the T1000 and Sarah are much more appealing to look at than from DX10/Police Shootout. Never thought I'd say that.

In all honesty, I think the DX10 might be the worse Arnie headsculpt. I was never a fan of the MMS117, but even that has more of the seriousness expression it needs compared to ole derpy eyes. If it just had more of a squint, it would be so much better.

Even the DX13 isn't as great as it used to be.

In all honesty, I think the DX10 might be the worse Arnie headsculpt. I was never a fan of the MMS117, but even that has more of the seriousness expression it needs compared to ole derpy eyes. If it just had more of a squint, it would be so much better.

Even the DX13 isn't as great as it used to be.

The MMS117 has a much better expression and has more skin details, but the shape of the head is too dated. The DX10 head is just rubbish all around and is only saved by the glasses. It's too soft wheres the 117 was too harsh.

Oh, here's a couple of photos of the T1000 and Sarah I took.

35885102861_d168f86db3_c.jpg

35884769341_095cac60b4_c.jpg

Sarah kinda looks scary :lol but I love the menacing look on T-1000.

She's great, I'll need to learn too futz her some more and take better photos since the details look washed out.

Aside from the oversized hands, the T1000 holds up magnificently, had I knew he was this good, I would have saved up for him years ago. :lol

I also plan to but that bootleg cop outfit for the split head look. And so it begins..

She's great, I'll need to learn too futz her some more and take better photos since the details look washed out.

Aside from the oversized hands, the T1000 holds up magnificently, had I knew he was this good, I would have saved up for him years ago. :lol

I also plan to but that bootleg cop outfit for the split head look. And so it begins..

Staph... you're giving me the itch to get it again.

It's a personal thing but I think a lot of these older Hot Toys heads hold up better in person than the newer ones.

They seem to be making the details tinier than even scale nowadays so they look their best in macro lens photography, and the skin tones are very unsubtle, generally just using burnt umber hues for shading. The cumulative effect being that in-hand the figures look tanned and altogether too smooth (*cough*MMS238*cough*). I've picked up a couple of their older figures and the more textured sculpts, brighter skin tones, and greater variation of hues in the skin tones all look better to me. Although they don't look as good in photos, I think I actually prefer the old "too perfect" eye paintjobs as well, they catch light way better.

It's a personal thing but I think a lot of these older Hot Toys heads hold up better in person than the newer ones.

They seem to be making the details tinier than even scale nowadays so they look their best in macro lens photography, and the skin tones are very unsubtle, generally just using burnt umber hues for shading. The cumulative effect being that in-hand the figures look tanned and altogether too smooth (*cough*MMS238*cough*). I've picked up a couple of their older figures and the more textured sculpts, brighter skin tones, and greater variation of hues in the skin tones all look better to me. Although they don't look as good in photos, I think I actually prefer the old "too perfect" eye paintjobs as well, they catch light way better.

Agreed on all points. The older figures have texture and I see a lot of the new figures having ubiquitous paint apps, resulting in stuff like the Juan Solo figure or the MMS238 Terminator, which HT overdid the skin tones, despite the BD head was supposed to look like rotting fish. They don't tailor each paint apps to each individual heads as often anymore.

:lol

I remember "El Wolverino" getting tossed around a lot back then.

it was funny listening to people defend it saying that it looked great, the facial hair was fine, etc...

this looks nothing like him! maybe his distant third cousin.... and the mustache... oiyyyyyyy

wolverine+face.jpg

I forgot to post these. I recently picked up the Medicom Manji from Blade of the Immortal. I didn't even read it yet :lol I plan on starting it once I finished Vagabond again.

DgWbN6a.jpg

T9czCxB.jpg

HqYBBTG.jpg

0D4MpxN.jpg

KvVsd8V.jpg

bBAyc6g.jpg

It came with a broken wire in his robe, but I was able to replace it.

it was funny listening to people defend it saying that it looked great, the facial hair was fine, etc...

this looks nothing like him! maybe his distant third cousin.... and the mustache... oiyyyyyyy

wolverine+face.jpg

And why the **** did they give him black eyes? Looks so bad!

The MMS117 has a much better expression and has more skin details, but the shape of the head is too dated. The DX10 head is just rubbish all around and is only saved by the glasses. It's too soft wheres the 117 was too harsh.

Oh, here's a couple of photos of the T1000 and Sarah I took.

35885102861_d168f86db3_c.jpg

35884769341_095cac60b4_c.jpg

Guess I'll be looking for a T1000 at the booths here. :mad: nice pics! I think the detail on the older figures is better, and the flesh tone definitely is. I don't know why they used such dark paint for the skin on characters that is obviously wrong. They must have bought a big supply of it and decided they couldn't send it back so we got Latino versions until they used it up.

Zod, the weather in San Diego is pretty nice. Warm during the day, somewhat chilling during the night. Let's hope it doesn't change.

Back