The Iceberg Lounge aka GeneralZodLives's Phantom Zone

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No dog, but the guy was crawling all around me. My wife was making comments like "oooh yeah" and " now he owes you dinner" the entire time he was doing it. :lol

uncharted-3-goty-ps3-12.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Got a shipping notice for the Tech Noir Terminator. It'll be here Thursday so I'll have to wait until next week to check it out. Shipping was high but fast. They just shipped it yesterday from Japan.

That place tends to have alarmingly fast shipping. They once got something to me when I lived in London in 18 hours.

I've only gotten a few things directly from Japan, like from Amiami and HLJ.

EMS doesn't play around.

In my case it was DHL. EMS to the UK is pretty much asking for Parcelfarce to lose your package in their system for a month or so, then charge you £18+an arbitrary amount of money based on what they assume the value of the package is but not the actual stated amount on the invoice, always higher, for the privilege of finally releasing your item and delivering it to you in a condition that suggests Pelé used it for penalty shoot-out practice.

In my case it was DHL. EMS to the UK is pretty much asking for Parcelfarce to lose your package in their system for a month or so, then charge you £18+an arbitrary amount of money based on what they assume the value of the package is but not the actual stated amount on the invoice, always higher, for the privilege of finally releasing your item and delivering it to you in a condition that suggests Pelé used it for penalty shoot-out practice.

I don't know how you goes over there can deal with custom fees on everything.

Speaking of lost packages, I had something I had thought was lost recently that showed up two months late completely out of the blue.

They shipped the figure through DHL so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised about it arriving so quickly. Now that I know it's on the way, I'm even more annoyed that I'll have to wait to see it in person.

I think I complain about this every time I fly, but why do people dress like **** when they travel? I don't need to see everyone's toes in their flip flops.

I don't know how you goes over there can deal with custom fees on everything.

Speaking of lost packages, I had something I had thought was lost recently that showed up two months late completely out of the blue.

The UK becomes ever more of a depressing Orwellian nightmare with each passing day. I've actually been working very hard to try and get myself into a position where I can make a proper living off art and do so in any country but this one.

I think I complain about this every time I fly, but why do people dress like **** when they travel? I don't need to see everyone's toes in their flip flops.

You're a braver man than me, putting up with this **** in order to spend a long weekend crammed into a convention centre with thousands of teeming sweaty nerds :lol

I used to enjoy flying but now I despise it. The whole process has become one pain in the ass after the other. At least we have a day and a half to relax before the craziness begins.

i absolutely hate the whole ordeal of flying as well... all the ridiculous nickel and diming of everyone for everything... the completely incompetent people working at the airport... 1/2 the mutants the fly and have no respect for anyone.

1cdgot.jpg

Just got the big pat down at the airport after going through security. I'm taking my walker with me since I don't think I'll be able to make it through the week without it, and apparently it's come into contact with some sort of explosive material. :lol I didn't set anything off but it did. I think the guy just wanted to feel my junk.

What a waste of time. If all your luggage and walker check out and they don't find anything but a stink on it, I don't understand the problem.

Did they use a dog on you?

Thats why u should pay for TSA pre check on your ticket. Totally worth it.wont fly without it.

So, I have no clue who to ask, and, considering I know how Con lines are, I fully anticipate somebody telling me to get bent, but my buddy's a huge Deadpool fan who also happens to be a vinyl collector, so, would anybody be willing to pick a vinyl set up for a fellow freak at the Fox booth?

So, I have no clue who to ask, and, considering I know how Con lines are, I fully anticipate somebody telling me to get bent, but my buddy's a huge Deadpool fan who also happens to be a vinyl collector, so, would anybody be willing to pick a vinyl set up for a fellow freak at the Fox booth?

I can go by the booth but I don't have any idea how they're going to sell their stuff. It may be gone in the first 15 minutes. :lol

Thats why u should pay for TSA pre check on your ticket. Totally worth it.wont fly without it.

My parents have that special pass that lets them walk through security. They had to go get background checks and all that to do it though. If I flew more, I'd probably do it too.

Back