The Iceberg Lounge aka GeneralZodLives's Phantom Zone

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never thought about using Google for the pics. :lol I may copy that idea

200.gif

I always hate it when DC writers make Superman look bad to make Batman look good (I'm looking at you Frank Miller!) but this one's pretty funny. :lol

Thanks! There's nothing like packing for a trip to make you realize you've worn the same clothes for years. Maybe some of this money I'm spending on toys should go to a new wardrobe.

XhaDB42.png

budget estimated at 200 million.... opening with 18....

bravo Hot toys............. bravo

O5mbehI.gif

XhaDB42.png

O5mbehI.gif

This doesn't surprise me given that it's only showing for two days in my area, and only one screening at one cinema in 3D. I would really like this film to do well given that it's Besson doing sci-fi and great source material - it'd be good for something not made by Hollywood and not based on a superhero comic to gain some traction. Unfortunately the Hollywood-controlled distribution system seems to be determined it's not getting space in their marketplace.

Besson said it needs to make 350 million world wide for a sequel. Which means they didn't spend much on marketing (which it shows) so maybe.... maybe... maybe it does reach that world wide. but this thing is dead on arrival in the US. maybe Asia will save it.

This doesn't surprise me given that it's only showing for two days in my area, and only one screening at one cinema in 3D. I would really like this film to do well given that it's Besson doing sci-fi and great source material - it'd be good for something not made by Hollywood and not based on a superhero comic to gain some traction. Unfortunately the Hollywood-controlled distribution system seems to be determined it's not getting space in their marketplace.

I don't even think it's showing in many theaters around here either

XhaDB42.png

Sounds about right. The movie always felt like John Carter to me, and without the Disney push it makes sense that Valerian will probably do about half.
The movie is almost set up to fail. Picking this week alone would have done it in. It's trying to go up against a Christopher Nolan WWII movie made for IMAX and Spider-Man (which even in its third week could probably compete) so there's very little draw. IMAX could have helped but there's no room, and DeHaan and Delevingne aren't bad as supporting actors, but they're not proven enough to lead a movie. Later in the summer or even earlier in the year could have helped, but as is I don't think it can do much better than the projections. Oh, and forget about next week. Spider-Man dropped over 60% in its second weekend, so this will probably see at least a 75% drop.
As for the Hot Toys? I don't see them being made. If it were Threezero or somebody then maybe, but Hot Toys probably won't take the risk. They'd be really cool figures, but if we couldn't get anything from Prometheus I doubt we'll get these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Besson said it needs to make 350 million world wide for a sequel. Which means they didn't spend much on marketing (which it shows) so maybe.... maybe... maybe it does reach that world wide. but this thing is dead on arrival in the US. maybe Asia will save it.

It would be lucky to make a quarter that.

to be honest... the commercials for it didn't really do a lot to make me wanna shell out the $$ to go to the theater to see it. me and the old lady agreed it was a redbox nite!

Just got the big pat down at the airport after going through security. I'm taking my walker with me since I don't think I'll be able to make it through the week without it, and apparently it's come into contact with some sort of explosive material. :lol I didn't set anything off but it did. I think the guy just wanted to feel my junk.

The TSA is a joke. They're just paid thieves. I still remember there was a sting operation and they tracked an iPad that was stolen to one of their houses.

I never use the damn thing at home, but walking and standing for so long at the damn convention kills me. Apparently the amount of explosives they detected is an acceptable amount because I'm on the damn plane now waiting to take off.

Got a shipping notice for the Tech Noir Terminator. It'll be here Thursday so I'll have to wait until next week to check it out. Shipping was high but fast. They just shipped it yesterday from Japan.

What a waste of time. If all your luggage and walker check out and they don't find anything but a stink on it, I don't understand the problem.

Did they use a dog on you?

What a waste of time. If all your luggage and walker check out and they don't find anything but a stink on it, I don't understand the problem.

Did they use a dog on you?

No dog, but the guy was crawling all around me. My wife was making comments like "oooh yeah" and " now he owes you dinner" the entire time he was doing it. :lol

Back