The Hottoycast: The new High-End Collectable Podcast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On it's way! Fuller than Santa's sack it is.

upenuvuv.jpg

Let The Hottoycast Xmas bumber episode get you through this not so productive day and get you set for a nice holiday break. Jeff, Mike, James and my good self cover a whole lot of Hot Toys and a little something called Castle Grayskull! Podcast now up on iTunes, Stitcher and usual outlets.

Just upgraded from iPhone so now need to find another source for podcasts *sigh*.

Stitcher the best option for Android? Can't be missing your podcasts! ;)

Hey everyone!

I wanted to catch up on some older episodes but just wanted to know if this is what you all have? It seems there were no updates from Sept to Dec. Is that correct?
4e9a4yvy.jpg

Just listened to the latest episode. Great stuff, fellas!

I'm glad you touched on the rising cost of figures and what you get for your money. I do find it interesting that Jor-El is more than Supes. But like it was mentioned, it could have something to do with the edition size.

Also, about the power pose line--I do agree that they cost a bit too much to appeal to those who can't afford the full pose able figure. Although I should point out that the Mark 42 figure is $310, so the power pose version of the 42 is a little over half the price at $165. Of course I would argue that it just means the 42 is way overpriced, even though it's die-cast!

Great job guys. Can't wait to hear the next one!

Eamon,

I love your podcast, I'm not ashamed to admit I listen to them multiple times (please make more!).

I just started collecting 1:6 figs. in Sept. so I may be late to the race as far as the lingo goes. My question is why do you all introduce yourselves as "Master" I have asked some of my action figure collecting friends and nobody knows what I'm talking about.

I need to know, it's killing me!

Eamon,

I love your podcast, I'm not ashamed to admit I listen to them multiple times (please make more!).

I just started collecting 1:6 figs. in Sept. so I may be late to the race as far as the lingo goes. My question is why do you all introduce yourselves as "Master" I have asked some of my action figure collecting friends and nobody knows what I'm talking about.

I need to know, it's killing me!

It refers to their action figure 'futzing' skills.. a bit like Jedi skills, these take many years of study and meditation to get right.. hence, 'Master'.

Back