The Hottoycast: The new High-End Collectable Podcast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Master Eamon, when can we expect the next Hottoycast awesomeness.. Dances with Diecast edition?

Master Eamon, when can we expect the next Hottoycast awesomeness.. Dances with Diecast edition?

If those companies send those figures out for review then I would thinks so. We have already done Tamashi Nations C3PO

New episode now up yo!

Get this week started with the latest high-end action figure reviews and friendly chit chat with Mike, Jeff, James and my good self. Episode 14 is up now on iTunes, Stitcher and the usual outlets. feed://www.eamonart.com/PODCASTS/podcast.xml

Last edited:
Hey Eamon, just found the latest episode in my iTunes. I usually come across this thread in the General Action Figures section, but they seemed to have moved it to this section that I never venture into!

Anyway, great show again. I was shocked (shocked!) to hear that you don't have any Sideshow figures! Was it always about the inferior quality? I can't imagine you don't like Star Wars or even Indy enough to have skipped out on those lines completely.

And I think what you guys talked about in the end about donating the defective products to charity is a fantastic idea! I think doing an auction where they donate the winnings to charity sounds perfect. As long as the "defects" and flaws are clearly pointed out, I think the items would have no trouble selling. It's just a matter of Sideshow willing to pay for the return shipping, which seems to be at the root of their whole "destroy" philosophy. I would think that maybe they could include that as part of the charitable contribution as well.

Hey Eamon, just found the latest episode in my iTunes. I usually come across this thread in the General Action Figures section, but they seemed to have moved it to this section that I never venture into!

Anyway, great show again. I was shocked (shocked!) to hear that you don't have any Sideshow figures! Was it always about the inferior quality? I can't imagine you don't like Star Wars or even Indy enough to have skipped out on those lines completely.

And I think what you guys talked about in the end about donating the defective products to charity is a fantastic idea! I think doing an auction where they donate the winnings to charity sounds perfect. As long as the "defects" and flaws are clearly pointed out, I think the items would have no trouble selling. It's just a matter of Sideshow willing to pay for the return shipping, which seems to be at the root of their whole "destroy" philosophy. I would think that maybe they could include that as part of the charitable contribution as well.

+1

Classy podcast as ever.. sadly, I think the charitable returns rather than destroy scheme, would only work if it was tax deductible, unfortunately I think the logistics would be too expensive otherwise (plus it would cannibalise new sales to some extent).. its a shame, but I think Sideshow have chosen the only viable solution.. however that doesn't make it any easier to watch the YouTube clips.

Recorded less than one week after SDCC2014, Sir Michael of Crawford takes one young Jeff Parker and my humble self on a walk through all the great reveals from Hot Toys, Sideshow Collectibles and many more high-end action figure makers. Available now on Itunes, Stitcher and usual outlets.

Attachments

• Hot-Toycast-logo.jpg
    Hot-Toycast-logo.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 137
The last episode was very fun. I loved everyone's top 5 rundown. And the photos in the podcast are excellent. I wish more podcasts did it like you guys.

Thanks Eamon! I'm looking forward to listening to it. There's been a lot of Hot Toys news since January.

I like the new flashback figure feature you added. Very nice to hear about what's great and still somewhat available.

Back