The " HOT TOYS, I WANT A FAORA" petition thread! :)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last year: Thought a Faora HT figure would be really awesome.

Now: Couldn't care less.

:lol

I could care less about them making the villain from I-M2, but they're making that one, are they not?

Of course at this rate we will get HT making a figure of Downey's real-life mother. Preferably in the delivery room giving birth to him, they could make it a diorama like the Tony Stark Mech Test figure. Birthing table, stirrups, forceps and a Chitauri physician.

Pffft! Faora.... How can anyone be excited for her or want that figure when we all know in a little over two years we're going to be getting a, drum roll please.... Jesse Eisenberg Lex Luthor figure! All other figures will be made obsolete when that badass drops.

3b74e158254a2a06b3d4482e736ebc9fe80002a63856e525903ef7d37e888f0e.jpg

:lol

Haha I am actually interested to see what Eisenberg will bring to the role, but it's just so odd to think about the fact that he's going to have his own action figures.

Lord, now that I have my Superman on display he desperately needs Faora to pose with in a fighting stance. Someone make this happen!!

Lord, now that I have my Superman on display he desperately needs Faora to pose with in a fighting stance. Someone make this happen!!

Man as much as I want another Man of Steel figure to come out I think this line is done when they push out Zod. I think we all got a little spoiled when the made every figure under the sun in Avengers and are still continuing to push out, but that might be the exception. The general strategy is the hero and the villain anything after that is icing on the cake. Avengers was the exception I guess just because if had so many heroes and it was quite popular.

I am personally hoping for an armored Jor el. I mean Play Arts and that Statue can't be the only ones to push him out.

Still shame GI Joe can get 4 unique figures while the more popular movie only get 3 so far at least

I could care less about them making the villain from I-M2, but they're making that one, are they not?

Except there's one thing you're forgetting, regardless of the character (honestly thought Vanko was amusing but not enough to say that he was a good or memorable villain)..... it's still a mech design. Being a mech figure already makes it interesting for some people out there. It's something that Hot Toys seem to have only just discovered ever since acquiring the Iron Man property. I mean look at all the Iron Man suits? Even Iron Monger? And now Whiplash Mark 2? Mechs are simply popular, and if it's from a popular property (like Iron Man) and a notable enough character (two main baddies of IM1 and IM2), it's almost guaranteed to be made. At this point I even doubt we'd get the main baddie of IM3 (not not the "Mandarin"), simply because it's a guy in a suit with dragon tattoos on his chest, and not some fancy mech design.

Still shame GI Joe can get 4 unique figures while the more popular movie only get 3 so far at least

To be fair, aside from the fan-favorite ninjas, GI JOE had Bruce Willis and Dwayne Johnson going for it, so it being GI JOE probably wasn't the only reason that the line got 4 figures.

Not gonna lie though, finally watched MOS and I thought that Faora held so little screen presence in my eyes (even her speech on evolution felt so forced for a movie about super-powered aliens bashing each other). I felt that Supes and Zod really stole the show (not because they're hero/antagonist, but because the actors really shined in what I thought was an ambitious yet horribly-paced/choppy film), whereas Faora felt more like a glorified henchman that was just lucky to have a couple of lines.

To be fair, aside from the fan-favorite ninjas, GI JOE had Bruce Willis and Dwayne Johnson going for it, so it being GI JOE probably wasn't the only reason that the line got 4 figures.

Not gonna lie though, finally watched MOS and I thought that Faora held so little screen presence in my eyes (even her speech on evolution felt so forced for a movie about super-powered aliens bashing each other). I felt that Supes and Zod really stole the show (not because they're hero/antagonist, but because the actors really shined in what I thought was an ambitious yet horribly-paced/choppy film), whereas Faora felt more like a glorified henchman that was just lucky to have a couple of lines.

Get-Out-Simon-Pegg-In-Hot-Fuzz-Gif.gif

Haha mind you, I don't think she was bad at all, just wished she had a more active and memorable role in the film for all the screen time and lines she got. The film certainly had enough problems on its own (REALLy choppy editing and overly-long and repetitive fight scenes) that I wouldn't really label Faora as one. Like I said, she just barely stood out for me, not necessarily a jab at the character or her fans.

Having read old posts here in this thread, I find that making comparisons to Scarecrow (who HT has in fact made sans Cillian Murphy sculpt) and Faora just seems unfair. Scarecrow actually served as the secondary antagonist of Batman Begins and was acting independently from Ra's Al Ghul for his own petty agenda (his experiments in the asylum), even if he was using Ra's' hallucinogens and was viewed as a pawn by him. He had a very active role in the film where he participated as the initial driving force behind Falcone's criminal activities, continually interacted with central characters, confronted Batman twice (even dominated him in their first meet-up), and was popular enough (both from fans and filmmakers) to make appearances in the following sequels. Finally let's not forget, Scarecrow was only made in a 2-pack (with a heavily re-tooled Batman at that), not like a single dedicated release that some people actually want for a Faora figure.

Haha mind you, I don't think she was bad at all, just wished she had a more active and memorable role in the film for all the screen time and lines she got. The film certainly had enough problems on its own (REALLy choppy editing and overly-long and repetitive fight scenes) that I wouldn't really label Faora as one. Like I said, she just barely stood out for me, not necessarily a jab at the character or her fans.

Having read old posts here in this thread, I find that making comparisons to Scarecrow (who HT has in fact made sans Cillian Murphy sculpt) and Faora just seems unfair. Scarecrow actually served as the secondary antagonist of Batman Begins and was acting independently from Ra's Al Ghul for his own petty agenda (his experiments in the asylum), even if he was using Ra's' hallucinogens and was viewed as a pawn by him. He had a very active role in the film where he participated as the initial driving force behind Falcone's criminal activities, continually interacted with central characters, confronted Batman twice (even dominated him in their first meet-up), and was popular enough (both from fans and filmmakers) to make appearances in the following sequels. Finally let's not forget, Scarecrow was only made in a 2-pack (with a heavily re-tooled Batman at that), not like a single dedicated release that some people actually want for a Faora figure.

Hope I don't sound mean or anything but wanted to say it just comes down to we all have our own personal opinions. If you didnt like Faora's presence or MoS or anythign else, thats your decision, but others loved her character and presence, so just realize your opinion is really just your opinion. Sure its shared by others, too, but not everyone and each of our opinons are not facts. If you felt the editing was choppy or the fight scenes were too long, well not everyone feels the same. I am sure there are plenty of films & stuff you like that others don't and vice versa.

You mentioned Mech Design is a reason Hot Toys makes IM figures. Well Faora suit is really Bad A**, and is very mechanical yet organic looking. Really beautiful design. And what HTs did with Zod's suit make people want Faora's figure as well. Plus Mattel, Play Arts, and DC made her as figures and statues. So it just makes us want HTs to make her because they will blow all of those out of the water. Those companies made Superman, Jor-El, Zod, and Faroa. A lot of us feel they should make all 4 which, means just Faora, to complete the line of characters for MoS. it only makes sense. This wasn't some low budget film. It was a huge world wide release and Superman is right there was Batman as far as popularity.

The thing is mostly HTs makes what they want. If they at HTs wasn't a fan of Faora, most likely they won't pursue her licensed to make her. But hopefull if they view this site and see there is a petition for Faora, they could do something for the fans who love their figures and it will make lots of people really happy :)

Last edited:
Pffft! Faora.... How can anyone be excited for her or want that figure when we all know in a little over two years we're going to be getting a, drum roll please.... Jesse Eisenberg Lex Luthor figure! All other figures will be made obsolete when that badass drops.

Oh shush, you!!! :wink1:

Ronri: Having read old posts here in this thread, I find that making comparisons to Scarecrow (who HT has in fact made sans Cillian Murphy sculpt) and Faora just seems unfair. Scarecrow actually served as the secondary antagonist of Batman Begins and was acting independently from Ra's Al Ghul for [yadda yadda, etc].... Scarecrow was only made in a 2-pack (with a heavily re-tooled Batman at that), not like a single dedicated release that some people actually want for a Faora figure.

ok.gif

Faora would throw Scarecrow off the top of the Daily Planet building without thinking twice, smiling as she did it.

I have nothing against Batman villains getting their own figures, far from it. But all this about Scarecrow does nothing to refute the fact that a lot of people still want Faora. If you don't, cool. I didn't want Bane either, and I didn't buy him. And the world kept revolving.

Hope I don't sound mean or anything but wanted to say it just comes down to we all have our own personal opinions. If you didnt like Faora's presence or MoS or anythign else, thats your decision, but others loved her character and presence, so just realize your opinion is really just your opinion. Sure its shared by others, too, but not everyone and each of our opinons are not facts. If you felt the editing was choppy or the fight scenes were too long, well not everyone feels the same. I am sure there are plenty of films & stuff you like that others don't and vice versa.

Oh definitely, hence why I kept saying they were my own thoughts and mine alone. Again I didn't think Faora was a problem at all, rather I would have actually wanted to give all the other Kryptonian henchmen screentime onto her since I thought it did nothing to add to the plot and only served to hinder Faora's character (considering how overbearing she is in the comics, it's something I was expecting more out of her).

You mentioned Mech Design is a reason Hot Toys makes IM figures. Well Faora suit is really Bad A**, and is very mechanical yet organic looking. Really beautiful design.

I wasn't debunking the notion that Faora shouldn't be made in favor of the IM suits, I was just saying how making and selling mech designs LIKE the IM suits (including Monger and Whiplash) is like selling hot cake especially with the IM logo stamped on them. My point isn't so much about Faora being less popular or being an inferior design, it's just that mech designs (no, not intricately designed outfits, I mean literally like robotic designs that look like a hunk of metal) generally has a huge market especially in Asia (with mechas in general even IM suits get lumped with them nowadays). Now I'm not praising HT for it, if anything it kinda sucks since we see less of the humanoid characters, you know, the very reason why HT became so popular in the first place. Rather as a business strategy I can understand why they'd constantly milk the IM designs and I was just pointing that out (because well.....it brings them easy money).

The thing is mostly HTs makes what they want. If they at HTs wasn't a fan of Faora, most likely they won't pursue her licensed to make her. But hopefull if they view this site and see there is a petition for Faora, they could do something for the fans who love their figures and it will make lots of people really happy :)
And that's fair enough. I was only pointing out that the comparisons regarding Scarecrow and GIJOE seemed a bit unfair, especially since GIJOE had two popular celebrity actors (Willis and Dwayne) that was just asking for HT to milk it beyond the fan-fave ninjas (regardless of the movie's quality), and that Scarecrow's role in the TDK trilogy is actually a long-standing one (since 2008 if I'm not mistaken) that has persisted throughout in the following films, yet it's actually not too long ago that he just got a figure himself.

I have nothing against Batman villains getting their own figures, far from it. But all this about Scarecrow does nothing to refute the fact that a lot of people still want Faora. If you don't, cool. I didn't want Bane either, and I didn't buy him. And the world kept revolving.

And all the nit-picking about Scarecrow getting a figure over Faora really does nothing too, beyond the "I want this figure so why did this other thing get a figure?" (and that sentiment wasn't my point anyway) See above as it explains what I meant by addressing the whole thing about Scarecrow.

Also @Gipetto0812: Don't worry I took it that way and had a good laugh myself. :lol Just thought I'd elaborate on my thoughts since I'm well aware that this is a Faora petition thread (common courtesy and all etc. etc.) Well I better excuse myself then, I honestly wouldn't want to spoil this thread as I'd actually be happy for the Faora fans to actually get a figure of her. Wish you all some luck! :yess:

Back