The Hot Toys Black Widow "Sexy Customs" Thread (possibly NSFW)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone called for "sexy" Hulk:

picture.php

That really is Mark Ruffalo. So is this:

picture.php

Anyone singling her out for ridicule is only adding weight to her original argument about the misogynistic nature of many collectors in this hobby.

And it's bullying.

Both are wrong so don't go there.

As I was googling sexy photos of Mark Ruffalo, you were being very kind in defending me. While I appreciate the gesture, I do not feel bullied or ridiculed by being mentioned. SwedishHeat is just having a laugh anyway. He is not at all among the handful of people I consider hostile to me. In fact right before he posted that he had helped me with something. Besides I like causing a kerfuffle to some degree, even when I have sincere principles as my ultimate motivation.

What made me start the infamous "sexy" Iron Black Widow thread was the fact the custom itself had received nothing but praise in its own thread. While it was artistically superior, it was just as juvenile as this bikini-machine gun nonsense. But this time, this sort of fetish trend not only got booted from the real BW thread with no input by me, but two people beat me to the punch ridiculing it.

There's nothing wrong with dressing a doll up in panties. Its only weird if the figure is covered in baby batter

There's nothing wrong with dressing a doll up in panties. Its only weird if the figure is covered in baby batter

1/6 companies SELL anatomically correct bodies for 12 inch figures. There's also dealers who sell the 'sexy' clothing...
It's a 'hobby'. It's not our place to judge people on it.

The day we begin judging people and calling them 'weird' in the world of action figures/collectables...is a very ugly day. This hobby is already ridiculed enough.

Its ok to have posted or calendars of scantily clad women, but figures.... not cool.

perhaps its more of a concern that most of us have collections made up of 90% male characters :p

1/6 companies SELL anatomically correct bodies for 12 inch figures. There's also dealers who sell the 'sexy' clothing...
It's a 'hobby'. It's not our place to judge people on it.

The day we begin judging people and calling them 'weird' in the world of action figures/collectables...is a very ugly day. This hobby is already ridiculed enough.

Just because something exists, doesn't make or normal or acceptable.

Companies make cocaine and crack. That doesn't make it ok. And I am certainly not comparing dressing a doll up in a bikini to illegal drug. And if the pics are intended in jest, thats fine.

But you can't expect to put something out there like this and not be judged. If comments, opinions, and judgements aren't wanted, then keep it private. Don't post it on a forum where people constantantly offer up their comments, opinions and judgements.

Personally, I wish I had never look in this thread.

Just because something exists, doesn't make or normal or acceptable.

Companies make cocaine and crack. That doesn't make it ok. And I am certainly not comparing dressing a doll up in a bikini to illegal drug. And if the pics are intended in jest, thats fine.

But you can't expect to put something out there like this and not be judged. If comments, opinions, and judgements aren't wanted, then keep it private. Don't post it on a forum where people constantantly offer up their comments, opinions and judgements.

Personally, I wish I had never look in this thread.

Exactly. Keep it to yourself.

Sent from Umbrella Corporation HQ using Tapatalk

Exactly. Keep it to yourself.

Newsflash; It's the Internet. Look around for a moment...there's furries, bronies, rule 34 and a whole bunch of other weird stuff.
Everyone on the Internet has a voice. If those people want to use that voice to discuss 'sexy custom 1/6 figures'...then that's their choice.

This site is dedicated to 1/6 collectors. And anyone should be entitled to post whatever their passion is on the subject.

If you don't like something...don't bother posting in the thread about.
There's a lot of customs on here that I don't agree with...but I'm not gonna 'troll' or insult those users.

Newsflash; It's the Internet. Look around for a moment...there's furries, bronies, rule 34 and a whole bunch of other weird stuff.
Everyone on the Internet has a voice. If those people want to use that voice to discuss 'sexy custom 1/6 figures'...then that's their choice.

This site is dedicated to 1/6 collectors. And anyone should be entitled to post whatever their passion is on the subject.

If you don't like something...don't bother posting in the thread about.
There's a lot of customs on here that I don't agree with...but I'm not gonna 'troll' or insult those users.

You are defending one persons VOICE by telling others not to use their VOICE.

A bit hypocritical isn't it?

not taking sides here but the problem is if you dont like something, dont comment on it. if i dont like something then i dont look/listen/ pay attention to it, i move on with what i was doing. I.E. this thread i dont like the pictures but i move on to other threads. dont like the OP's pics/posts? move on and do what ever the **** you were doing

A bit hypocritical isn't it?

There's a big difference between voicing your opinion and attacking someone. What these people are doing could be considered 'art'. Hating on something you don't understand is a sign of small mindedness.

The fact is, everyone had their opinion. Now it's just turned into insults, trolling and bullying.

What these people are doing could be considered 'art'.

:explode:

If something is genuinely intended as art, the artist will be willing to show it to a general audience, not just a select group of like-minded people. It may be bad art in a technical sense (like say your child's first finger painting), but genuine creative intent will speak for itself. Making the audience embarrassed or uncomfortable will stop a sincere artist.

So would anyone here be willing to show off their "sexy custom" Black Widow doll to Yulli (the artist) or Scarlett Johansson in person?

In fact would you be willing to show these custom dolls to a random assembly of female Avengers fans without the slightest bit of shame or embarrassment?

Last edited:
:explode:

If something is genuine art, the artist will show it off with pride to anyone (well excepting children in some cases), even if they know it will spark a negative reaction due to various transgressive elements.

So would anyone here be willing to show off their "sexy custom" Black Widow doll to Yulli (the artist) or Scarlett Johansson in person?

In fact would you be willing to show these dolls to a random assembly of female Avengers fans?

I'll do it. Show off my sexy straight hair one

Last edited:
Back