The Hobbits coming to Sideshow.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You might see smaug... or one statue, but that is it. No way SS will invest anymore time into LOTR or The Hobbit because the time has past!

You might see smaug... or one statue, but that is it. No way SS will invest anymore time into LOTR or The Hobbit because the time has past!
I don't know man. There will always be a fan base for LotR

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

The time for 9500 ES LOTR item has past, but saying the time has past for making anything at all is not true at all. There will always be a solid interest in the 2, look at WETA. SS could do just as good if they devoted more time/energy into the lines. Sure, it will never make as much as the Marvel license, but there is money to be made. one or two pieces a year is not much to ask when they are already paying for the rights.

^^^yup. They'll just make smaller ES' which works out that much better just like with Saruman

Hmm, I am doubtfull of SS making these in small ES. There is also a certain CotD line around so I am not sure they want to divide non superhero artistic talent and recources away from that.
Making money is the most important factor here, if they are serious about the LotR license (hah!) release stuff when people are in theatres watching the films, not later.

Hmm, I am doubtfull of SS making these in small ES. There is also a certain CotD line around so I am not sure they want to divide non superhero artistic talent and recources away from that.
Making money is the most important factor here, if they are serious about the LotR license (hah!) release stuff when people are in theatres watching the films, not later.
We mean that 1500 is a smallish combined ES now compared to some of their other lines, but still well high enough to make a lot of cash on. If they can't focus on other lines they just need to hire more people(preferably ones who are fans too so they care about getting it right)

I just hope SS delivers some more Middle Earth stuff, don't really care if they are PF's or Maquettes, Hobbit or LOTR. Both their lines are top quality and they complement perfectly the Weta 1/6 line. Any announcement by them would be most welcome right now!!

By the way, a ME Mythos line would really rock!!!!!!

I just hope SS delivers some more Middle Earth stuff, don't really care if they are PF's or Maquettes, Hobbit or LOTR. Both their lines are top quality and they complement perfectly the Weta 1/6 line. Any announcement by them would be most welcome right now!!

That's actuallyba great idea. Without having to focus on the canon but rather moments outside of the LotR and within it too

That's actuallyba great idea. Without having to focus on the canon but rather moments outside of the LotR and within it too

It would be great I think. The Star Wars Mythos line has turned out to be maybe the best SS line out there.

It would be great I think. The Star Wars Mythos line has turned out to be maybe the best SS line out there.
True. They could do each character in their own and find the story behind the character themselves as opposed to just being a character in a novel or movie. Exactly like what they did for Obi or Boba

True. They could do each character in their own and find the story behind the character themselves as opposed to just being a character in a novel or movie. Exactly like what they did for Obi or Boba

As long as they do them in 1/4 not 1/5. I like the SWM line, but sold my Boba and Vader and will be selling Obi as they were just too small if you have mostly 1/4+

That would be interesting, I don't mind the smaller scale either. My only concern would be the repetition of certain characters, how many Gandalf or Aragorn statues can they make...? Unless they delve deeper into ME but unfortunately most people are really only familiar with the Hobbit and LOTR so no real $ to be made there.

As long as they do them in 1/4 not 1/5. I like the SWM line, but sold my Boba and Vader and will be selling Obi as they were just too small if you have mostly 1/4+
Yeah man now that I collect 1/4 I just can't deal with a 1/5 unless it is spectacular

That would be interesting, I don't mind the smaller scale either. My only concern would be the repetition of certain characters, how many Gandalf or Aragorn statues can they make...? Unless they delve deeper into ME but unfortunately most people are really only familiar with the Hobbit and LOTR so no real $ to be made there.

I think the 1/5 scale is fine, bigger than maquettes anyway. I would love to see a last alliance series (Elendil, Isildur, Elrond, Gil Galad, Numenorean warrior, High Elven warrior) done in the Mythos style.

I think the 1/5 scale is fine, bigger than maquettes anyway. I would love to see a last alliance series (Elendil, Isildur, Elrond, Gil Galad, Numenorean warrior, High Elven warrior) done in the Mythos style.

Maquettes can be pretty much any scale, I was hoping for a Balrog Maquette from SS, as big or bigger than the new Weta one.

That's not a bad idea. I'd really like to see an eagle at some point, either SS or Weta. Probably more of a Weta thing I think.

Maquettes can be pretty much any scale, I was hoping for a Balrog Maquette from SS, as big or bigger than the new Weta one.

I was referring to the LOTR characters 1/6 maquettes. And I was hoping for a big Balrog maquette as well, even a PF. I don't know if this still is a possibility, now that the Weta piece is out. When it comes to the Balrog, the bigger the better!!

Back