The Hobbits coming to Sideshow.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You say that but I could totally see SS resurrecting the maquette line in 4 years and instead of finishing the Fellowship make another female character to pair with the misguided green lighting of Arwen.
Some maquettes would be nice. Even some of the trolls and ogres and stuff. Man I cant get enough of LotR

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

You say that but I could totally see SS resurrecting the maquette line in 4 years and instead of finishing the Fellowship make another female character to pair with the misguided green lighting of Arwen.

Some maquettes would be nice. Even some of the trolls and ogres and stuff. Man I cant get enough of LotR

We will have to wait and see. But for some reason I doubt it. Plus it would have to be really limited, the old SS LOTR days are not what it used to be

We will have to wait and see. But for some reason I doubt it. Plus it would have to be really limited, the old SS LOTR days are not what it used to be
They only made 400 of the Saruman PF. I hope we get more PFs personally. I'm sure they'll do a Boromir. Still have to do a Gimli. I'm sure it has something to do with the Hobbit movies and them probably not wanting to take Any attention away from that. Sorta like the whole Star Wars thing and Ep6 stuff and Disney with their Xmen and F4 stuff. I'm sure after this year we'll see more stuff from SS in terms of the Hobbit as well as LotR stuff. Besides, they know it sells, it always will. Its Lord of the ****ing Rings for god's sake.

They only made 400 of the Saruman PF. I hope we get more PFs personally. I'm sure they'll do a Boromir. Still have to do a Gimli. I'm sure it has something to do with the Hobbit movies and them probably not wanting to take Any attention away from that. Sorta like the whole Star Wars thing and Ep6 stuff and Disney with their Xmen and F4 stuff. I'm sure after this year we'll see more stuff from SS in terms of the Hobbit as well as LotR stuff. Besides, they know it sells, it always will. Its Lord of the ****ing Rings for god's sake.

They made 1400 of the Saruman PF, 1000 reg and 400 ex, and granted unless it's a very highly desired character I do not see SS doing too many more. I just don't see it being done, but if it is done, and it's a very big if, it will be years maybe before you get anything. SDCC proved that this year. We will see what other shows will hold. Speaking of hold. Do not hold your breath. Hoping for the best for all

They made 1400 of the Saruman PF, 1000 reg and 400 ex, and granted unless it's a very highly desired character I do not see SS doing too many more. I just don't see it being done, but if it is done, and it's a very big if, it will be years maybe before you get anything. SDCC proved that this year. We will see what other shows will hold. Speaking of hold. Do not hold your breath. Hoping for the best for all
Yeah that's what I'm saying. Not a definite but what i said seems logical and a reason for the lack of LotR PFs. However SSC Has released a lot of LotR related stuff in the last two years. Maybe not ad much as they Used to but LotR movies have been out of theaters for over 10 years as well. They've also picked up a lot of new license and still have so many other ongoing licenses they have to do as well

Considering how well middle earth baddies sell, it makes sense (to me) that SS would make an Azog PF. Especially if they're concentrating on The Hobbit license atm. Completing the fellowship (PF or Maquette) would be great and appreciated by many, it may take forever but I don't think they'll completely abandon it. Unless SS plans on doing the dwarves in PF form, not sure what else they can do. Weta already has their line going so it would almost be pointless for SS to start in the same scale.

Last edited:
Considering how well middle earth baddies sell, it makes sense (to me) that SS would make an Azog PF. Especially if they're concentrating on The Hobbit license atm. Completing the fellowship (PF or Maquette) would be great and appreciated by many, it may take forever but I don't think they'll completely abandon it. Unless SS plans on doing the dwarves in PF form, not sure what else they can do. Weta already has their line going so it would almost be pointless for SS to start in the same scale.

If they plan on selling anything the Hobbit they should put in for pre-order now. Nothing teased so far, so we won't have anything in hand for atleast a year or more. Don't get me wrong, I would love a SS Azog PF but I am not sure it would be a hot seller years after the last movie.

If they plan on selling anything the Hobbit they should put in for pre-order now. Nothing teased so far, so we won't have anything in hand for atleast a year or more. Don't get me wrong, I would love a SS Azog PF but I am not sure it would be a hot seller years after the last movie.
They're probably just waiting for the third movie to start releasing them. After that there will be DVDs and complete collections of the LotR & The Hobbit for purchase and we'll be back into full swing I believe. It makes sense from a sales perspective and from a marketing perspective. I'm sire WETA has something to do with it as well. Just cause they haven't teased something doesn't mean they don't have anything. They've gone on record to say that they will be decreasing the amount of BTS teaser videos and just do the type of previews they do now. We've seen that with a few pieces in all licenses more recently that get a preview or something and then go up for PO soon after.

Yea, not even a tease is suspect. No reason for them to wait, get the fans hooked now then even more will follow with the movie hype, then also the sales bump when released. They are really missing a golden opportunity ignoring this line at this critical time for extra sales. By the time they get around to it half their potential customers will have lost interest, plus if they wait till holiday season during the movie release people tend to have less funds availible.

Yea, not even a tease is suspect. No reason for them to wait, get the fans hooked now then even more will follow with the movie hype, then also the sales bump when released. They are really missing a golden opportunity ignoring this line at this critical time for extra sales. By the time they get around to it half their potential customers will have lost interest, plus if they wait till holiday season during the movie release people tend to have less funds availible.
I see us getting some good stuff this winter.

tumblr_inline_n9fvf0u0oH1r2pbzf.gif

Hopefully with a Boromir PF

Azog was such an imposing figure on screen, in pf form I'd still think people would buy. He'd look good next to Lurtz and bezerker, and he still got some screen time left.
Even if Azog (or any lotr) went up for po at the end of the year, people would buy it. That gives them a year(+) to save.

While we wait for SS there always Weta...

Azog was such an imposing figure on screen, in pf form I'd still think people would buy. He'd look good next to Lurtz and bezerker, and he still got some screen time left.
Even if Azog (or any lotr) went up for po at the end of the year, people would buy it. That gives them a year(+) to save.

While we wait for SS there always Weta...
I am sure people would buy it(I would), point being I think more people would buy it if it goes up sooner rather than later. We need high sales numbers so they continue the line. By the time another year rolls around who knows what else will be out or if half the people that PO this year even want it next year. Until Weta starts churning out 1/4 or more like the larger Balrog/Smaug from SDCC, SS is all a lot of us rely on. One every couple of years is less then ideal.

I am sure people would buy it(I would), point being I think more people would buy it if it goes up sooner rather than later. We need high sales numbers so they continue the line. By the time another year rolls around who knows what else will be out or if half the people that PO this year even want it next year. Until Weta starts churning out 1/4 or more like the larger Balrog/Smaug from SDCC, SS is all a lot of us rely on. One every couple of years is less then ideal.

I hear yah. As mentioned previously, SS has a lot going on and with the lukewarm reception of the Hobbit who knows where SS priorities are. Until they officially announce an end of any line it's just a waiting game unfortunately.

Until SS shows us something, Middle Earth is a big zero after Saruman. It would take something very special/different or least some character I always desired to get me to buy from them

Battle Troll pf would be cool, maybe a Treebeard lsf or king Elessar on throne... :lol

Cool, but I'm probably only going after Sauron at some point and nothing more pf wise.

Until SS shows us something, Middle Earth is a big zero after Saruman. It would take something very special/different or least some character I always desired to get me to buy from them

Same here. Even if Boromir and Gimli get made in PF I will not return to this line, sculpting and tailoring has moved on over the YEARS of waiting and you may end up with the older pieces looking dated. I do not believe there will be any kind of comittment to the Hobbit and would just expect a few stand alone pieces such as Azog, Beorn and maybe another Troll. Nothing to encourage going into the line as it will be a line of individual pieces, ie no company, no leaders of the 5 armies etc

How likely is a new Gandalf the Grey PF either from The Hobbit or LOTR? I know they made one a few years ago but is there any chance they would make one with Glamdring drawn (and possibly with a light up feature) or the pose when when he cracks the Bridge of Khaza Dum with his staff?

How likely is a new Gandalf the Grey PF either from The Hobbit or LOTR? I know they made one a few years ago but is there any chance they would make one with Glamdring drawn (and possibly with a light up feature) or the pose when when he cracks the Bridge of Khaza Dum with his staff?

Unlikely, but if they do hopefully years down the road after some of the others we want/need first. Gandalf the White has Glamdring drawn as the EX.

Highly unlikely. Whilst there is no one pose that would suit everyone, there have been several versions of Gandalf made and further re creations of this character would not be wanted by those who already have GTG.

Back