The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smaug > any Dragon ever

although my wife comes a close second. :lol

Dragonslayer is still my favorite... and really set the tone for future dragons.

vermithraxheadside22.jpg

I like Smaug in the film, but honestly he's not particularly memorable looking to me... could be that I just don't have a clear sense of him from one viewing, but he's not particularly remarkable or unique :huh But his mouth movements for speech were very well done, not an easy task for a snouted creature.

1387183002000-HTDOS-SMAUG-0071.jpg

I actually kind of prefer weird feline look of the Rankin Bass Smaug :lol:

OB-UK709_smaug1_E_20120904160918.jpg

The DragonSlayer dragon is cool but I think Smaug is better. He seemed like a real dragon to me more so than the others.

Jumping in this thread since I finally saw this yesterday, so I haven't read anything yet.

Smaug looked fantastic. I initially wasn't impressed with him when I saw the design of his head, but in all his magnifence, he looked awesome. I like the serpentine way that PJ decided he should move.

The dragons in Reign of Fire were great as well, and that film's creators should be commended on the fact that tried to base their dragons' movements realistically. But I loved how Smaug moved with an almost supernatural grace.

As for the numerous changes from the book...while it wasn't a delabreaker for me, I was still puzzled. I guess the changes had to be made to involve Tauriel and Legolas. :dunno

Still, great film. Enjoyed it more than An Unexpected Journey, which I enjoyed trmendously as well.

The DragonSlayer dragon is cool but I think Smaug is better. He seemed like a real dragon to me more so than the others.

Smaug is more how I remember a dragon to look back in my youth, playing Dungeons & Dragons. Although there are many types, I like the 'Smaug' look. :D

Anyone got the art book for this yet? Can't wait to see dragon designs...

He's not actually in it very much, on Shadow and Flame Daniel Falconer said that they are realeasing a Chronicle companion next april which will be all about designing Smaug.

Smaug is more how I remember a dragon to look back in my youth, playing Dungeons & Dragons. Although there are many types, I like the 'Smaug' look. :D

He's more what I've seen to be honest at least head and mostly body wise. I wouldn't have minded if he had four legs instead of two but that one little bit isn't an issue for me in thinking he's the best one I've seen to date.

Anyone got the art book for this yet? Can't wait to see dragon designs...

As was said he's got little bit in there but the book as a whole is fantastic with all the designs in it.

Ask Josh. :D

:lol

Back