The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that where he broke down and cried?

Elijah Wood said it was very frustrating for him too when he had to act so much to.....nobody. I sure it would be. And with Ian it was on his very first day of shooting and he didn't even know what was going on.

I love Ian. Him and Patrick Stewart are such a trip. :lol

Preorders for the EE are up. Looks like characters that got shortchanged in the TE will finally get their due:

10806298_10152713884459821_497880004302950172_n.jpg

I can't believe anyone can defend how bad this trilogy was in comparison to the quality of LOTR. PJ can ****, wipe his ass, stamp The Hobbit on the toilet paper, film it to look like a soap opera and certain fanboys would still eat it up and ask for more.

I read some headline that said PJ would never stoop to superhero movies. Rather he's content with turning a classic novel into a 3 part childish comic book farce so far off from the heart and soul of the novel that you're not even sure wtf you just watched.

LMFAO at the Alfred comments above. WTF. I don't even think he's a real character from the book. The rights to the Hobbit should revert to the estate and a right film (1 film is adequate)focusing on legitimate characters and legitimate scenes from the actual novel should be made.

What happened, Peter, what happend to you. Maybe he cut all the artistry and soul from him when he lost the weight.

Why does PJ have this fixation with having to show every arrow shot by Legolas or every rock thrown by a hobbit be a killing blow. The editing is like, "throw rock, rock strikes target, throw rock, rock strikes target, shoot arrow, arrow strikes target, shoot arrow, arrow strikes target".

Do we always need to see both halves of the equation in order to believe it the other half had a purpose?

I enjoyed the films. Never even tried to compare them to LotRs. Sorry you didn't like them, but that doesn't mean because people who do would accept ****. These films were far from ****.

I can't believe anyone can defend how bad this trilogy was in comparison to the quality of LOTR. PJ can ****, wipe his ass, stamp The Hobbit on the toilet paper, film it to look like a soap opera and certain fanboys would still eat it up and ask for more.
. The rights to the Hobbit should revert to the estate and a right film (1 film is adequate)focusing on legitimate characters and legitimate scenes from the actual novel should be made.

What happened, Peter, what happend to you. Maybe he cut all the artistry and soul from him when he lost the weight.

the thing that bothers me personally is that There were talks about Universal doing a LOTR/Hobbit land in their parks and because of what Peter Lucas Jackson did the chances of getting an amazing land inspired by this property will never happen. (the Tolkien state was so pissed about it they flat out refused to come to a deal for the parks)

I enjoyed the films. Never even tried to compare them to LotRs. Sorry you didn't like them, but that doesn't mean because people who do would accept ****. These films were far from ****.

That's hard to believe that you didn't compare films from the same writer, director, consisting of a few of the same actors, etc. I can understand not comparing The Hobbit to Star Wars, but not comparing it to LOTR? That doesn't seem plausible.

With the amazing all around quality of LOTR, I think the drop off from LOTR to The Hobbit was about 10X greater than the drop off of SW to the prequels. Its really that far night and day.

I'm no hater, either. I've seen LOTR dozens of times over the past decade. I saw Fellowship like 7 times in the theater. I doubt I'll see the Hobbit trilogy more than twice.

Who gives a **** about theme parks?

well, if you were a fan of Potter and got to see what they did for that franchise you would be saying otherwise. what they did was so good it feels like you are visiting the Potter sets, parts of the land really do feel like standing on a movie set.

their attention to detail is pretty amazing. they took care of even the smallest things, it looks so good they could probably film scenes for a movie if they had to

so yeah, after seeing how much care universal put into this, Who gives a **** about theme parks? well, besides the millions of Potter fans that fly all over to see this because of how cool it looks...

I do :wave

Last edited:
One comment on the Alfred guy. Was anyone surprised by the fact that he didn't get killed off at the end? I thought surely with the screen time and amount of times he was a a-hole that surely they would give the audience at least the gratification of seeing him killed.....but nope. Just a bunch of pointless scenes with no allegorical payoff.

I just noticed the Battle of the five Alfrids :lol:lol

was the guy only meant as comedic relief? is he the Jar Jar of this trilogy? :lol

That's hard to believe that you didn't compare films from the same writer, director, consisting of a few of the same actors, etc. I can understand not comparing The Hobbit to Star Wars, but not comparing it to LOTR? That doesn't seem plausible.

With the amazing all around quality of LOTR, I think the drop off from LOTR to The Hobbit was about 10X greater than the drop off of SW to the prequels. Its really that far night and day.

I'm no hater, either. I've seen LOTR dozens of times over the past decade. I saw Fellowship like 7 times in the theater. I doubt I'll see the Hobbit trilogy more than twice.

One for thing, because of the passing of time. I knew these would look different simply due to how much things have changed in that time. I knew they'd be different because of the books being so different. And also because I knew Jackson was trying a new way of filming.

Also knew this wouldn't be as epic as LotR simply because the of the book. And I still say if this was made exactly like the book, that it would make for a boring movie.

I think that no matter what, these movies would never hold a candle to LotR. People just think too highly of it.

But why would you want to see The Hobbit movies again if you didn't like them?

Back