The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I read LOTR 30 years ago, I never believed they would be able to be translated on to the big screen in any fashion other than animation. I also believed if anybody ever attempted to make them, that they would be terrible.

This was one of those times that I was so happy to have been proven wrong.

I remember watching the Trailer for Fellowship and actually getting teary eyed when the fellowship appeared one by one, walking over the rise. Everything I saw told me that these movies werent just LOTR movies, but that somehow Jackson had plumbed my mind and extracted this movie, everything looked (to me) as it should have.

The books are great and the movies are great. It's fun to compare them and either disagree with or embrace the changes. The more people talking about Middle Earth stuff the better. You'll will enjoy both as long as you can separate the two. Trust me, I did. :lol After my first viewing of Fellowship I was like WTF is this crap, WTF is PJ doing. :cuss Then I was like, damn, this is pretty cool, it's ok to like both. :peace :grouphug

I am sure JRRT would appreciate the fact that different storytelling mediums require different approaches. Some people are like fundamental terrorists in their zeal toward the written word. There are some real Tolkien affectionado-freakazoids out there. :lecture

The books are great and the movies are great. It's fun to compare them and either disagree with or embrace the changes. The more people talking about Middle Earth stuff the better. You'll will enjoy both as long as you can separate the two. Trust me, I did. :lol After my first viewing of Fellowship I was like WTF is this crap, WTF is PJ doing. :cuss Then I was like, damn, this is pretty cool, it's ok to like both. :peace :grouphug

:lecture

I am sure JRRT would appreciate the fact that different storytelling mediums require different approaches. Some people are like fundamental terrorists in their zeal toward the written word. There are some real Tolkien affectionado-freakazoids out there. :lecture

:lecture

Nah,

Tolkien's LOTR couldn't been handled or come out any better than how they did, the EEE will just be icing on the cake.

LOTR are the greatest, truly most epic movies ever made, even with the changes made from the books.

Sure, Hobbit was messed with even more so, had to stretch them into 3 movies afterall.

But Tolkiens family should be proud with how things were handled "overall".

LOTR trilogy best trilogy since Star Wars OT...and certainly on par with them. That's saying alot....

LOTR > SW OT

Not even close really, especially when you factor in Ewoks and dancing muppets. :lol

SW/ESB are simply not enough to elevate the entire thing above LOTR.

Last edited:
Looks amazing, the final battle will be great. :thud:

Was I the only one almost expecting Thorin to say "Everything I did, I did for this family" though. Yeah, I've been watching too much Breaking Bad lately :lol

Awesome looking trailer.

For those of you who like RED ROBIN, if you buy a $25 gift certificate to Red Robin (limited edition) you get a free ticket to The Hobbit:BOTFA.

Already bought 2 for me and my Wife.

Back