The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Hobbit: There and Back Again

I just want to see Saruman, Gandalf and Galadriel kick some butt.

Same. I know Galadriel is not a wizard, but I've always gotten the sense that she's extremely powerful. If nothing else, she's clearly highly regarded, even by Saruman. One of my favorite parts of AUJ is when she's speaking with Gandalf, and when he looks up, she's vanished. It seemed to be a polarizing scene, but I'm a big Galadriel fan and like the idea of her having a lot of magical power.

Really love Christopher Lee. Just a class act. Have never seen Wicker Man but will be sure to check it out, now. Really looking forward to his scenes in the third film as Saruman's corruption by Sauron is one of the story elements I was most interested in learning about in LotR. Thought we'd get a bit of that in Desolation but guess they just had too much going on to focus on that for this one. Hope he is alive and well by the time There and Back Again is released.

You really shouldn't see that in these movies though. Its not until after the events of The Hobbit that Saruman really starts to take an interest in The One Ring from what I remember. He also I don't think really becomes a lacky for Sauron until the events of LOTR.

I'm pretty sure we're gonna get that.

I take it you haven't read the book.

I'll be real curious to see if this goes the way of the book.

I'm not sure what she meant by this but Boyens said things would be played pretty straight in film 3.

Same. I know Galadriel is not a wizard, but I've always gotten the sense that she's extremely powerful. If nothing else, she's clearly highly regarded, even by Saruman. One of my favorite parts of AUJ is when she's speaking with Gandalf, and when he looks up, she's vanished. It seemed to be a polarizing scene, but I'm a big Galadriel fan and like the idea of her having a lot of magical power.

She is very powerful. Not as powerful as the Wizards but powerful none the less. If I remember things correctly in the books she is the one who literally causes Dol Guldur to collapse on itself.

She is very powerful. Not as powerful as the Wizards but powerful none the less. If I remember things correctly in the books she is the one who literally causes Dol Guldur to collapse on itself.

That sounds pretty powerful. I got the sense form the first hobbit film that she was more powerful, but either way I'm looking forward to more Dol Guldor in part 3.

You really shouldn't see that in these movies though. Its not until after the events of The Hobbit that Saruman really starts to take an interest in The One Ring from what I remember. He also I don't think really becomes a lacky for Sauron until the events of LOTR.

I'm pretty sure we're gonna get that.

I'm not sure what she meant by this but Boyens said things would be played pretty straight in film 3.

Well, I didn't want to give anything away to him. In some ways I'm hoping since DoS sorta changed a path of someone, that something else will be different.

:lol I know that probably doesn't make sense.

I want to see Saruman find the Palantir in Dol Guldur as the start of his downfall

So they filmed all of Lee's parts for TABA. But isn't it all gonna be CGI? Hope it works!

That sounds pretty powerful. I got the sense form the first hobbit film that she was more powerful, but either way I'm looking forward to more Dol Guldor in part 3.

Yeah, I do think maybe they gave that impression. She's not but she is pretty darn powerful. The Battle of Dol Guldur should be pretty cool.

Well, I didn't want to give anything away to him. In some ways I'm hoping since DoS sorta changed a path of someone, that something else will be different.

:lol I know that probably doesn't make sense.

Oops. :lol My bad.

Agreed it's too early to see a turn on Saruman's part, but it would be neat to see the early stages of Sauron's influence so that by FotR, it feels like a logical progression.

I want to see Saruman find the Palantir in Dol Guldur as the start of his downfall
Something like this would be great.

I think a little more of a hint might be ok. It depends on how it's done for me anyways.

Yep, it wouldn't have to be much and really the more subtle the better. Even Gandalf didn't suspect anything was amiss, so yeah, guess that's what I'm hoping for. Just a hint or idea of how Sauron wormed his way in.

[ame="https://youtu.be/KaqC5FnvAEc"]https://youtu.be/KaqC5FnvAEc[/ame]

Bilbo finds out that the ring isn't magic at all, but a wedding ring. Gandalf officially declares Bilbo and Gollum gay husbands. Gollum was only leading Bilbo on to think he had lost him and let Bilbo lead him back to an unexpected honeymoon retreat back at Hobbiton! :horror

Yep, agree, after seeing part 2 yesterday I am really looking forward to seeing this part of the story, it's gonna be amazing... part 3 is gonna be one epic film! :yess: Can't wait!

Bilbo finds out that the ring isn't magic at all, but a wedding ring. Gandalf officially declares Bilbo and Gollum gay husbands. Gollum was only leading Bilbo on to think he had lost him and let Bilbo lead him back to an unexpected honeymoon retreat back at Hobbiton! :horror

You are so immature.

We don't need to see that. In FotR Gandalf isn't even aware of Saruman's treachery so the scene where Gandelf goes to Orthanc seeking counsel would lose it's potency.

I really hope they don't do that, the idea, the mystery, that these people are immensely powerful is far more effective then an over the top Dragon Ball Z ki battle with magic orbs and power blasts. Of course after seeing the Dol Guldur sequence in DOS I am convinced that is exactly what will happen. Prepare for magic light show, people!

Excited for more Saruman scenes! :D was disapponted he was not in DOS.
Him displaying his powers in TABA will make the new PF all the more awesome. :rock :rock

Back