The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then we can get Guillermo Del Toro as Director and Jackson as creative consultant or executive producer.

But would either want to do a mini-series?

Doesn't matter though - I don't think I've ever seen an HBO series that wasn't done extremely well. They'd find the talent.

Mind you, I never watched Sex and the City... but then again, I'm sure it's a great show - I'm just not the target audience! :)

My Wife got me this pocket sized, leather bound edition for Christmas and is my favorite.
CIMG1098-1_zpsaf7844e1.jpg

I got that as a Secret Santa gift at school! :D

Currently reading The Hobbit, I wanted to finish it before the film, but didn't :lol
Also, my wife gave me the LOTR trilogy book for Christmas, should start reading it soon after I'm done with The Hobbit!

Currently reading The Hobbit, I wanted to finish it before the film, but didn't :lol
Also, my wife gave me the LOTR trilogy book for Christmas, should start reading it soon after I'm done with The Hobbit!

Very nice :hi5:

This is more movie related; but I thought this was an awesome read or more so, look than read since it's mostly design artwork for the movie:

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Hobbit-Unexpected-Journey-Chronicles-Design/dp/0062200909/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1358274249&sr=1-1&keywords=the+hobbit+chronicles[/ame]

I'll be buying this ...

That's the Weta Art Book. I have it and its awesome. If you liked the movie at all one should get it. They have a part 2 to that book coming out in the spring.

This may be old news to some people but I just discovered that the fold out map in the Art and Design chronicles book has glow in the dark dwarven moon runes printed onto it, I thought that was a really nice little touch.

This may be old news to some people but I just discovered that the fold out map in the Art and Design chronicles book has glow in the dark dwarven moon runes printed onto it, I thought that was a really nice little touch.

News to me. :lol

...That said, the Silmarillion is almost unreadable, for most people anyway...

I was a freshman in college when it was released; I got two copies on release day and dived right into it and never really had a problem reading it. I did get a bit lost with all the names and places, and would sometimes have to backtrack to remember who was who.

I was a freshman in college when it was released; I got two copies on release day and dived right into it and never really had a problem reading it. I did get a bit lost with all the names and places, and would sometimes have to backtrack to remember who was who.

It wasn't so much a problem reading for me. When I had tried before it just felt a bit dry in places that I don't really get from The Lord of the Rings or The Hobbit. As a whole its a great resource when wanting to know more about Middle-earth.

I can understand why people would find it difficult to read. The first part is almost history text bookish or reference before it's gets to more novel like later on.

But don't take my word for it, :read

It wasn't so much a problem reading for me. When I had tried before it just felt a bit dry in places that I don't really get from The Lord of the Rings or The Hobbit. As a whole its a great resource when wanting to know more about Middle-earth.

I thought it was like reading the Bible a lot of the time... I got through it, but I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as LotR or the Hobbit, that's for sure.

Mind you, that was way back when I was in high school. I'd like to give it another try now, if I can find my copy...

Once I finish the Hobbit maybe I'll give it another go. Or LotR again. :)

I only by the paperback sets of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings. I read them too often so I wear them out. And I don't want to buy any kind of an expensive set just to tear up.

I would make an exception if someone would buy these for me as a gift...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/J-R-R-TOLK...t=Antiquarian_Collectible&hash=item1c2dc7abc0

https://www.ebay.com/itm/J-R-R-TOLK...t=Antiquarian_Collectible&hash=item2c6a36988c

However, I would, of course, never read them.

What a ripoff, you can get three books for $50,000 in the first auction while only one for $45,000 in the second auction. :horror :lol

I had a few chances to get those first editions pretty cheap but never did....another regret...

Back