The Heads-Up "Ikea Detolf" One Day Sale!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to know how much the Utah store had then! Mormons love nothing more than a good deal! :lol There must have been at least 600 to start with if there was still 50+ left when I got there. It could have even been more, but there was at least 50. :google

Its too bad this is an item we can't help eachother with. The cost of shipping would make any 'deal' on these worthless.

Well I went down to Ikea at 1:00 and there were tons of people there. They had a whole stack of Detolfs behind the check out. I'd say about 35-45 of them. So I got 2 of them and 3 of the 'Grundtal' white lights. Then I picked up a coffee press and had an icecream cone. At around 4:00 the detolfs were completely sold out.

Damn there were a lot of kids there and pregnant women. It was like Toys R Us ! There were hand pupets and straws everywhere

So now i have a grand total of 4 Detolfs. However only one is actually assembled, i think I'll only build one more. Heres a tip anyone who has not built these before- Do not lose any of the parts! You put the case together upside down and then need someone to help flip it, so its not a solo build.

Detolf madness at IKEA today. :horror Got there about 10 AM. As I approached the entrance, everyone leaving the store was pushing a cart with a Detolf. Got inside and there were people in line all buying Detolfs. Felt like Twilight Zone:google. Went straight to the warehouse and they had the special sale Detolfs all piled up at the back with employees loading them onto carts. They had carts ready to go with one Detolf loaded per cart. They were being strict to the 1 per person rule, but only at first. After I bought a few one at a time, they had put different employees loading the Detolfs who didn't care how many you wanted. Ended up buying 10 in all. :lol They were sold out around 11:15. Thanks to the OP for the heads-up! :clap

detolf12-28b.jpg

I called the east palo alto store after I got off work about 1:45 and they were all sold out and it made me wonder who the hell else besides collecting nerds buy these things:monkey3:banghead:lol

congrats go those that were successful:cool:

Last edited:
Well, lots of people collect lots of things. These aren't just for 12" figures :lol

I told my grandpa about this event later tonight, and he was disapointed he didn't know about it. He collects elephants (any kind: glass, crystal, ceramic, bronze, etc. etc.) and he has a full display cabinet of them right now.

After measuring my room, my one wall can take only 4 of these so I'm probably going to let him have the 5th one. Even numbers seems like a good idea to me anyway. I'm sure I could find a use for the 5th, but if you've seen the elephant room, you'd know he needs that 5th cabinet more than I do :lol

I swear, collecting must be genetic!

The last time my Ikea had these on sale they sold out of the 1st shipment before I walked from the front entrance to where they where stacked (I got there for opening 10:00am) Luckily one kind person who had 3 offered me 1 (there was a limit of 2 pp).
Can I say there was almost a riot, over here you cannot advertise unless you have plenty of stock, & people where getting angry.

Fortunately for me and Ikea there was a shipment due at 1pm & free lunch vouchers where offered. I lined up at 11pm & the line was already 200m long. Never again will I do this as I took an annual leave day to do it

SCORE! Picked one up with the little light thing for about $30 with CA tax. That's one goddamn good deal!

Back