The Heads-Up "Ikea Detolf" One Day Sale!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The tops of the Detolfs are decent for displaying larger/heavier items but I won't attempt larger items on the glass shelves. Nope. The Detolfs height is near perfect too ............ you get a decent eye level view of you larger pieces.

Geez, i hope this sale is happending in Canada as well, i could use one more detolf at the moment.

That's why I want the Bestas for my PF's, the detolfs just scare me a little too much. I'll only put really light figures in it should I ever get one.

I wish I had an ikea store in my country:monkey2

a similar shop like ikea here is selling a fugazi detolf for $200USD, and I suspect that the quality is prolly not even on par with what ikea has to offer:banghead

Not sure about the concern over the weight. I have mine stacked with Pf's and I have no worries. Just make sure the heaviest are on the bottom. Works perfect for me.

For those of you who will be buying one of these for the first time: MAKE SURE YOUR SHELVES ARE "CENTERED" ON THE RUBBER SUPPORT GIZMOS

I have been using Detolfs for my PFs for over 6 years and never had any problems at all. If I remember correctly the issue that the collector had you posted was that he didn't install the metal rails correctly. The welds should be facing IN and he had them facing out so that the glass was able to slide off of the side. When assembled correctly, they are more than adequate to support just about any PF.

You all know this is a loss leader, right?

there will only be a few in each store to buy.

good luck in getting any of these...:dunno

detolfs are good for smaller figures but even some 12 inch figures won't fit it perfectly. i plan to pick up a few. i already have some designated friends ready. LOL

Just wanted to say thanks to the original poster and this board for the heads up. I was able to snag a white Detolf today. Just a report, I checked the stock online the night before and it said only 16, but when I got there (Burbank) had plenty (600) and handed out vouchers. Vouchers guaranteed you one at the sale price up until 1pm. Quite a few people were there just for that item. A part from some line cutters, it was a pretty organized affair. I was in and out within 15 minutes.

This thread should have had it's title changed. It was more like IKEA's Detolf hour sale. All colors were on sale at my nearest location (15 minute drive), but were sold out within the hour of the store opening. We'll see how many start appearing on craigslist:rolleyes:

Sold out at my location. Booo. But they weren't in a color I wanted anyways, so I'll hold out.

I got to mine about 3:30 after I got off of work. They still had at least a good 50 of them left then. I asked an employee near by if I could get more than one and he said he didn't care, and his supervisor just behind him said she didn't care either. So I was able to snag 5 of them. Any more and I would have felt greedy (I feel a little greedy, but these are my first Detolfs ever and it was well after the store opened anyway). I plan on switching out my shelves I have now for them. They are just some cheapo bookshelves from Target ($30 I think) and some of the shelfs have warped. So it will be a much needed change. Plus I my parents bought them for me since I told them about them before Christmas and they thought it was a good idea, so they were a late Christmas present :rock

I just hope I like them! :eek:

Last edited:
Not bad Buttmunch. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Did you wind up picking up the lighting for those separately when you were there?

Nah, I didn't. I didn't want to go through the maze that is Ikea.I just went through the registars at the front of the store and they were literally just behind them! They had these 2 packs of lights next to them for $12. They looked kind of big and they didn't say if they were LED. I've heard stories of people not using LED lights and they've ruined their figures. I remember a Boromir that got his face melted when the hot light fell on him! So I'll wait to see if I like these first, and then find the LED lights for them.

I'm not sure when I'll get them up at the moment as I'll need to clear out the current shelves to do it, and move those book cases down to the basement for storage. So I probably won't get a a chance to get the Detolfs up until the weekend at the earliest.

I remember when Ikea first announced they were coming to Utah. I was so excited because I've heard so much about the Detolfs. When I first saw them, I was a little disapointed because they were shorter than the bookcases I have now, but I've since realized that is a good thing. Some things on the top of my bookshelves aren't very visable because they are so high (and I'm so short :lol). And if I still think I they are too short, I can get those wall shelves and mout them about the Detolfs for another level.

Now I just hope none of them are broken!

Just wanted to say thanks to the original poster and this board for the heads up. I was able to snag a white Detolf today. Just a report, I checked the stock online the night before and it said only 16, but when I got there (Burbank) had plenty (600) and handed out vouchers. Vouchers guaranteed you one at the sale price up until 1pm. Quite a few people were there just for that item. A part from some line cutters, it was a pretty organized affair. I was in and out within 15 minutes.

600 in Burbank? I just called and they're sold out. That's a lot of cabinets.

Great price -- for the lucky ones who got it!

Back