The Haunted Mansion Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been playing the Old Game Cube Haunted Mansion game on the wii. I totally forgot how cool it is. I know it came out the same time as the movie but it's all about the ride and features all the ghosts and rooms. There's even the Creepy Eyes wall paper. If you can find it get it!!!

Hey guys! I was reading the Guillermo Del Toro interview inside the Volume 11 catalog that we get from the Spooktacular kit, and this caught my eye. Thought you guys might enjoy it!

Sideshow: Let's talk about your collection. What kinds of things do you collect?

GDT: "I'm very much into mainly Haunted Mansion stuff from the Disneyland Parks and some Pirates of the Caribbean, the skeletal stuff.
I am a massive fan of The Simpsons, Nightmare Before Christmas, certain Disney movies - Fantasia Sleeping Beauty, Snow White and so on and so forth."

Pretty cool seeing a director collect all the cool stuff we do. He goes on about what else he collects. It's a great interview. :D

No. Sadly my wife's current collection is a second "try" I began buying her globes when we got married for special occasions. We use to display them in a bookcase in our living room, and one day our kids decided it would be fun to climb said bookcase and....well I'm sure you can figure out the rest. My wife cried for 2 days straight as the globes, as you can imagine, held really special memories for her.

The moral of the story is don't have kids or at the very least anchor your bookcases. hahahahahah

No. Sadly my wife's current collection is a second "try" I began buying her globes when we got married for special occasions. We use to display them in a bookcase in our living room, and one day our kids decided it would be fun to climb said bookcase and....well I'm sure you can figure out the rest. My wife cried for 2 days straight as the globes, as you can imagine, held really special memories for her.

The moral of the story is don't have kids or at the very least anchor your bookcases. hahahahahah

:horror:horror:horror

Man, that totally sucks!!! I'd probably be crying for days too!!! :sick

Well I hope you can recover the lost items :eek:

Just came across this thread. I love HM and Going friday for the wifes birthday. We will also get yearly passes so it should be great fun!:banana

Just came across this thread. I love HM and Going friday for the wifes birthday. We will also get yearly passes so it should be great fun!:banana

Awesome!!!! :rock

HM is the ish!!!! And I had annual passes last year. Me and my lady went every other weekend! You're gonna love having those passes :cool:

Congrats and happy b-day to your wife :D

Was just at Disney World last Friday. I went on the HM ride a million times and I saw something new each time. Fantastic.

However, I have to admit I was utterly disappointed at the dearth of HM collectibles. There was a small kiosk outside the attraction that had mostly NBX collectibles. WTF? I thought I'd find the mother lode of HM collectibles/props at WDW. What a letdown in that regard.

There's more HM stuff now than there was a few months ago due to the 40th anniversary. I got the Hitchhiking Ghost bobble heads a few trips ago to put in the back window of my car.

There's more HM stuff now than there was a few months ago due to the 40th anniversary. I got the Hitchhiking Ghost bobble heads a few trips ago to put in the back window of my car.
That's a great idea. I still wish I picked up those lighted tombstones that came out a few years back.

Thanks. I have a HM theme going for my car. The front license plate, Ghost Mickey antenna topper, light up eyes like the ones on the wallpaper on one of my back windows and the three ghosts in the rear window. :lol

Back