"The Happening" movie--Spoilers?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think i might be the only one who liked this movie...i like all his works

Are you serious? This guy has gone further down with each movie. I think if he makes one more it might even be an hour long special for the Sci Fi channel. Man this one was that bad. Don't even get me started on The Village. I told my ex wife what would happen 5 minutes in. :rolleyes:

ehhh what can i say everyone has different opinions..and for one i thought the end of the village was a fantastic twist and didn't expect it at all.

This was one the best comedy of 08. So many funny lines.

"YOU TRYIN TO KILL ME! AND TAKE ALL MAH STUFF!!!??

"Whaaaaaat? NO."

or...

"You 'eyein my lemon drink!?"

*SLAP*

Hot Dogs!

LION!

God this movie is hilarious.

I love the rest of his movies, even the Village... but this film SUCKED in every way possible. Seriously, one of the worst movies I have ever sat through. It was embarrassingly bad, so many truly laughable scenes. Honestly, the only thing that I could imagine to ever be worse would be feather dusters rising up and killing society.
suicidegif.gif

I just finished it a few minutes ago, and I didn't see what was all that bad about it aside from Marky Mark hamming it up. From the way people have been going on about it I was expecting a modern day Plan 9, but it's basically just a poor man's version of The Birds. I've seen better, but I've most assuredly seen worse.

Maybe to really appreciate how crappy it was you needed to waste $16-$20 going to see it with your significant other. I thought it was awful, can't even imagine watching it with an extra hour of footage?!? :google

I want to say "this movie stinks" or "this movie f'ing sucks", but those would just be the very first things that pop into my mind when I think about it. I will instead provide details about why it sucks just in case somebody tries to think it could somehow be good....

-awful acting (look at the facial expression of Zooey (Alma) when Marky Mark asks her about "Joey's" # on her cell)

-horrible dialogue (DON'T TAKE MY DAUGHTER'S HAND UNLESS YOU MEAN IT!)

-just plain completely wrong (the crystal clear youtube video of a poor man's Roy Horn and how casual they were about it)

M. Night should seriously just quit now. This movie was not scary or shocking at all, I hate when they try to shock you or scare you into believing something is scary, when it's not (especially when they epically fail at it). Now he wants to make Unbreakable 2.

Run away from this movie the same exact way they ran away from the "Winds of Death" during this movie.

All those reasons and more... it ws just an awful flick. And one that the more I think about it the more I dislike it. For me it will go down in the ranks of truly bad films I saw in the theater with Congo and Burton's POTA.

The movie was TERRIBLE! wahlberg's acting was terrible, it was his first rated r and failed to actually show me something more... gorey, or violent, and i no longer find zooey deschanel to be a huge cutie pie.

All those reasons and more... it ws just an awful flick. And one that the more I think about it the more I dislike it. For me it will go down in the ranks of truly bad films I saw in the theater with Congo and Burton's POTA.

As far as monumental mistakes go, this movie actually makes Burton's 'Marky Mark & The Monkey Bunch' look more like Braveheart. (at least Tim Roth owned in POTA)

While I'm making ridiculous comparisons - As far as whiny characters go, Marky Mark's character in The Happening made Episode 2 Anakin look like Clubber Lang.

I actually liked this one very much! I am happy I waited till it came on dvd but I liked it.

I actually liked this one very much! I am happy I waited till it came on dvd but I liked it.

This movie is already on DVD??...well it was something to pass the time thats all I could say. I liked unbreakable and if hes making part 2 I'll definately see it. My favorite and always will be is Signs.....

Back