The gunslinger (outlaws of the west) 1:6 scale figure ? limtoys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The hat is actually way bigger and taller than the prototype one, to be an exact match to the one in the game.

I think she found that out on her own because the lantern does not light up with a magnet lol, you have to twist the bottom to turn it on and off.
Ah sweet I did wonder if it's a case of angles etc. Honestly I can't thank you enough for the passion you've put into this. This is honestly figure of the year in my opinion.

Lmao that's hilarious I saw DID recently done a lantern that lights with a magnet on off function. Mind the way she tore open Arthur's shirt had me worried. 🤣

Ah sweet I did wonder if it's a case of angles etc. Honestly I can't thank you enough for the passion you've put into this. This is honestly figure of the year in my opinion.

Lmao that's hilarious I saw DID recently done a lantern that lights with a magnet on off function. Mind the way she tore open Arthur's shirt had me worried. 🤣
A lot of collectors REALLY like his torso and undressing him, I ain't one to judge tho. :lol

I realise these are 'Cattleman' game models, rather than the real world Colt SAA Artillery Model (5 1/2" barrel), but what is the thick section on top of the frame?

View attachment 544231

View attachment 544232

It looks like a slide for attachments, though I never played the game and don't see a reference to anything beyond upgraded sights.
I might take one and personally file it down a quarter of an inch and create the sight groove on top of the frame with a small engraver.
I mean I’m never gonna sell this guy so I might as well make him how I want if i ever get to see him in person.

I might take one and personally file it down a quarter of an inch and create the sight groove on top of the frame with a small engraver.
I mean I’m never gonna sell this guy so I might as well make him how I want if i ever get to see him in person.

You may not need to file it down, but just pry it off. As R_R_X noted the sights were glued on, and they seem to have come off for the reviewer with the mass of photos.

113245bcy33e6golcb72gm.jpg

It's just getting the sight groove in, which I'd dread doing for fear of going off line and making a mess of the gun. :panic:

Since I have my VTS figures with their Colts drawn, this gives me the opportunity to holster these and go with the shotguns and Winchester.

Not to nitpick, but why does it look like the hat is sitting up too high (especially in the back)?

If you look at Bigbreda's video, just before the 25 minute mark he shows putting the hat on. He pushes it down tighter than some of the reviewers have been doing, and also demonstrates how it can be tilted either forward or back:

You may not need to file it down, but just pry it off. As R_R_X noted the sights were glued on, and they seem to have come off for the reviewer with the mass of photos.

It's just getting the sight groove in, which I'd dread doing for fear of going off line and making a mess of the gun. :panic:

Since I have my VTS figures with their Colts drawn, this gives me the opportunity to holster these and go with the shotguns and Winchester.
If it is removable, do you know if it comes with an extra top piece or something like that? or I can buy like a $10 one from eBay and angel grind off the top piece for a more authentic colt look.

Like I have one of those ornate handheld engravers from my gunsmithing days so I might or might not really mess with it, if i hopefully get him in the future.

If it is removable, do you know if it comes with an extra top piece or something like that? or I can buy like a $10 one from eBay and angel grind off the top piece for a more authentic colt look.

No, this is how R_R_X explained it:

It was originally meant to be removable sights but due to the poor service of our previous cast factory it became a permanent attachment, I'm sure if you try carefully you'll be able to remove it but it'll have some glue residue.

Once you've removed the sight you may not even need to put the groove in since it's such a tiny detail in 1/6, and only visible if you're really looking for it.

No, this is how R_R_X explained it:

Once you've removed the sight you may not even need to put the groove in since it's such a tiny detail in 1/6, and only visible if you're really looking for it.
I mean... this figure is nothing but details if you think about it.

I mean... this figure is nothing but details if you think about it.

It's a mass of details.

So much to look at, take in and marvel at.

All the time I had the VTS, only today did I realise they did the same thing with the SAAs. But I never noticed because, as typical with VTS, there's so much to the set, and in 1/6 it's a tiny feature you only grasp when you get in close, or look at a photo.

With theirs the sight is an integral part of the mould.:

173253ncn81n97kcx0xpnj.jpg

Arthur's hat is very tall in game and the brim usually cover his eyes during gameplay but during cutscenes the position of the hat often changes so you can see his facial expessions better, the reason it looks high in most pictures is, in addition to hat itself having some height, people aren't applying a lot of pressure for it to properly fix onto the head, in the review from BBICN the hair piece isn't even attached properly, AJ's pictures are the best depiction of what it looks like properly fixed onto the head.

We tried many heights and we figured the one we picked was the best because the other attempts were either too low or too high on his head and looked ridiculous, if you still find it too high I'm sure you can try customizing the hair piece itself or even the sculpt to have it with rooted hair.

Here's some examples of it in game.

The height of the hat.
1636141748315.png

The hat during gameplay.
1636141567597.png

The hat in a cutscene, you can see they changed it's position to show his eyes better.
1636141342927.png

A profile of the hat, you can see the hair in the back goes past the hat itself, making it look kinda small from that angle.
1636140793303.png

And in the outfit viewer.
1636141926416.png

Can't get over all the details! So excited for the second batch to release! Thank you for doing a second batch by the way, I and many people are so happy they'll get a chance to own this masterpiece!
68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f...gif

Here are some more beautiful shots. I really hope TNS gets their stock next week.

Attachments

• unknownmadethis_20211105_8.jpg
    unknownmadethis_20211105_8.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 82
  • unknownmadethis_20211105_7.jpg
    unknownmadethis_20211105_7.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 75
  • unknownmadethis_20211105_5.jpg
    unknownmadethis_20211105_5.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 74
  • unknownmadethis_20211105_4.jpg
    unknownmadethis_20211105_4.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 75
  • unknownmadethis_20211105_16.jpg
    unknownmadethis_20211105_16.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 77
  • unknownmadethis_20211105_15.jpg
    unknownmadethis_20211105_15.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 92
  • unknownmadethis_20211105_14.jpg
    unknownmadethis_20211105_14.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 93
  • unknownmadethis_20211105_3.jpg
    unknownmadethis_20211105_3.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 92
  • unknownmadethis_20211105_13.jpg
    unknownmadethis_20211105_13.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 94
  • unknownmadethis_20211105_11.jpg
    unknownmadethis_20211105_11.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 84
  • unknownmadethis_20211105_12.jpg
    unknownmadethis_20211105_12.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 81
  • unknownmadethis_20211105_10.jpg
    unknownmadethis_20211105_10.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 78
  • unknownmadethis_20211105_9.jpg
    unknownmadethis_20211105_9.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 81
  • unknownmadethis_20211105_6.jpg
    unknownmadethis_20211105_6.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 80
VTS had a figure planned for a long time, but when it was known there was competition they muddied the water. It caused confusion among the uninitiated collectors looking for a 1/6 version of the character.

lim-toys-the-gunslinger-1-6-scale-figure-outlaws-of-the-west-sixth-scale-img01.jpg

vts-toys-vm026-wilderness-rider-1-6-scale-figure-red-death-arthur-morgan-img26.jpg

LIM-Toys-Gunslinger-25.jpg

vts-toys-vm026-wilderness-rider-1-6-scale-figure-red-death-arthur-morgan-img25.jpg

The VTS is a good figure, and displays well. But it was always going to be the entrée to the main feast: LiM's excellent figure!
This is what I’m saying, there’s no way that VTS started the figure after LIM’s was pulled down, but they were *definitely* trying to capitalize on market confusion when LIM’s figure was pulled down, esp since those original pre-order pictures were everywhere

This is what I’m saying, there’s no way that VTS started the figure after LIM’s was pulled down, but they were *definitely* trying to capitalize on market confusion when LIM’s figure was pulled down, esp since those original pre-order pictures were everywhere
Anyway, VTS have and continue to do great stuff but I do recall R_R_X being frustrated when their’s went up for pre-order for that reason. I was unaware i was opening old wounds, as when that happened I wasn’t active in this thread!

barring that, I think I forgot how tall Arthur’s hat actually is in game

Back