The gunslinger (outlaws of the west) 1:6 scale figure ? limtoys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey R_R_X do you know when the second batch will be available? I have two friends who missed the first one and are very excited to get the figures. They both have preordered on OSK.

I can't wait to get this Arthur! Headstone for John Marston's diorama, for Arthur, there is also an idea for a diorama.
A stunning figurine came out. Figurine of the year for me.
1 (1).jpg
1 (2).jpg
3 (1).jpg

Let's not do this again. VTS has been making figures for a long time now, longer than LIM, and all their photo galleries share the same format. On top of all that, most figure manufacturers all copy Hot Toys photo gallery format, LIM and VTS included.

Second of all, I doubt there even was a C&D, I think LIM just got scared because people were tagging Rockstar in the pics. Unless RRX wants to go on record saying there was a C&D ... it didn't happen. If anything, the secretive nature of the figure worked in LIM's favor and increased FOMO, this whole debacle increased sales more than anything else.

VTS was NOT kicking LIM when they were down. Their figure was already in the works when LIM unveiled theirs.
Yes there was, the thought that retailers would intentionaly bring down listings in an attempt to increase sales is idiotic, you have chinese copyright laws and the fact TT and R* are banned from China to thank to, otherwise this would've never seen the light of day.

@R_R_X, what were some of the biggest changes that were made to the figure since the initial C&D? One thing I’ve noticed is that the hair is more detailed and the longer hair piece goes past his ears.

VTS had a figure planned for a long time, but when it was known there was competition they muddied the water. It caused confusion among the uninitiated collectors looking for a 1/6 version of the character.

lim-toys-the-gunslinger-1-6-scale-figure-outlaws-of-the-west-sixth-scale-img01.jpg

vts-toys-vm026-wilderness-rider-1-6-scale-figure-red-death-arthur-morgan-img26.jpg

LIM-Toys-Gunslinger-25.jpg

vts-toys-vm026-wilderness-rider-1-6-scale-figure-red-death-arthur-morgan-img25.jpg

The VTS is a good figure, and displays well. But it was always going to be the entrée to the main feast: LiM's excellent figure!

I've always thought it but now even more so with the updated pics

This makes the VTS Toys version look like utter ****. This looks exactly like him, the other, not so much. View attachment 544249View attachment 544249
VTS version is a solid release with great accessories but innacurate sculpts and details, I for one like to see more figures of the franchise from other companies, offers collectors more options, wether you prefer one or the other is completely subjective (of course in my very biased opinion I prefer our version), the probelm we had with the VTS was that A LOT of people thought it was our version, and caused a lot of confusion, some people are still trying to order it thinking it's ours, so of course we tried to let people know which is which.

VTS had a figure planned for a long time, but when it was known there was competition they muddied the water. It caused confusion among the uninitiated collectors looking for a 1/6 version of the character.

lim-toys-the-gunslinger-1-6-scale-figure-outlaws-of-the-west-sixth-scale-img01.jpg

vts-toys-vm026-wilderness-rider-1-6-scale-figure-red-death-arthur-morgan-img26.jpg

LIM-Toys-Gunslinger-25.jpg

vts-toys-vm026-wilderness-rider-1-6-scale-figure-red-death-arthur-morgan-img25.jpg

The VTS is a good figure, and displays well. But it was always going to be the entrée to the main feast: LiM's excellent figure!

Again, we've done this dance before. I've already shown numerous examples of multiple other manufactures doing this exact same photo layout. When in fact, BOTH examples shown here copy Hot Toys photo layout. VTS is NOT copying LIM, they are copying Hot Toys. LIM is also copying Hot Toys.

This argument is absurd!

This looks fantastic! The hat in some pictures looks weird like too small. I'm blown away by how awesome this is.

The magnet on the lantern to turn on and off was shown in another video but not on 3rd party channel. Super cool feature.

I would use the lancaster, it's personally my favorite of the weapons offered, and before you ask, it has a removable side in case people break the lever for an easy replacement.

I'm still working my way through that massive photo review, dipping in and out.

I see what you mean about the Lancaster/Winchester:

113248b80fnfm8cdngkc6c.jpg

While the reviewer has added a few of his own pieces to add to the scenes, when he shows the Colts it looks like only one has the sight on it:

113236at5545ek84t555sh.jpg

113434yivzyxm7j2bvvdg7.jpg

This photo appears to show the glue residue from removing it:

113245bcy33e6golcb72gm.jpg

RRX, I can't remember if you already said or not, but why did you end up using "The Outlaw" on the box instead of "The Gunslinger" as this figure has been referred to since its announcement? I don't really mind the change, just curious.

This looks fantastic! The hat in some pictures looks weird like too small. I'm blown away by how awesome this is.

The magnet on the lantern to turn on and off was shown in another video but not on 3rd party channel. Super cool feature.
The hat is actually way bigger and taller than the prototype one, to be an exact match to the one in the game.

I think she found that out on her own because the lantern does not light up with a magnet lol, you have to twist the bottom to turn it on and off.

Back